What's new

Info on Harry G Traver

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
The builder of the so called back breakers rmc's of the early 1900s, Building famous coasters from the Belle Vue Bobs to the Crystal Beach Cyclone, I would like to know abit about his less known creations and how he got his ideas. Any info on any ride (even some more obscure ones on the ones above,) would be grateful.;)

EDIT: I might as well put this in as well i think Fredrick Church also deserves a Mention
(Also sorry for any grammar mistakes being travelling from Lyon all day, sking, but had this on my mind.)

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
There's actually a book on Traver.... But it's long out-of-print. Occasionally it shows up on eBay for well over $100.... Would love to get my hands on it myself. I saw it in person, once, at a coaster memorabilia auction maybe 15 years ago. It's called Legends of Terror.
ACE recently put out a rather fantastic book about Schmeck, I got a free copy of it at IAAPA but would say it's 100% worth the price and would have bought it had they not just given it to me at the convention
Sadly, while I find there are several *very knowledgeable* members here ....when it comes to things like older coaster history, you might be better off checking archives like RRC, while basically a ghost town now, you can still dig through topics from the early 90s and find a treasure trove of nerdy coaster talk.

If you wanna dig....
https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!search/Traver$20coasters

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Although I can't contribute any info, this might be a subject that @Hyde might know a bit about if it's brought to his attention.