Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Necropost of the week!

Just to be smug :)

I found a purse last night by my car in town. It had about £120 in it, plus change.

I took it to the police station intact. It's a bit different to just finding cash, but I still keep the moral high-ground :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think you're an equally as big idiot as the person that dropped the purse in the first place.

You could have treated the family_furie to no more than 12 Sun collect-the-token-working-class holidays with that money.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Did the police take your details Phil? I remember hearing that if it isn't claimed in however many months/years, then they let you have it, but that's probably an urban myth!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
28 days Martyn. I can call back and see if it's been reclaimed. The purse was full of details though, so they should be able to trace her - it's just whether the police can be bothered or not.

Ian, I started off the day yesterday with £1.20 in my pocket, and I ended the day in the same way. I'm all square.

I saw some lads though outside Asda last night, and they had a few notes in their hands. I could have easily just taken it from them - losers weepers after all, they should have kept better hold of the cash.

To me, there's no difference between that, and going through an purse where the owner can be identified and taking all the money out. The difference is simply that she didn't see me do it. If a cop had seen me doing it, the result would have been the same. Both are theft... I don't steal for profit (we'll not go into what I do steal for :lol: ).

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
furie said:
The purse was full of details though, so they should be able to trace her - it's just whether the police can be bothered or not.
My dad found a wallet when we were at Fun Spot in Orlando & we tried contacting the owner (no cash, but driver's license & credit cards). The credit card companies refused to contact the owner & said they would simply void the cards. We asked them not to, so that the owner would still be able to use the cards when we gave his wallet back to him. (We didn't tell them the card numbers or name, so they couldn't void them.)
Since we couldn't contact the owner by the time we were ready to head back to my father's home, we took it to the local police station. My father contacted the police 4 days later to see if they returned the wallet, but they still hadn't even bothered to attempt to contact him.
themeparkphreak said:
I really don't expect much to happen to it, nor someone to walk into a Police station and say "I've lost £100 cash".
I don't think that would happen either nor would I walk into the police station & tell them what an idiot I was if I lost the money.
danielfitzgerald99 said:
If I knew who it belonged to then I would return it. If I just saw it lying in the street off course I would keep it.
Same here. I couldn't see someone drop money & not try to return it to them. And like my dad, I would always try to return a wallet or purse if there was identification in it & I would not remove the cash (even though I guess you could always say there was no cash in it when you found it).

A

Anonymous

Keep it, just like I did with the 1000 shilling (Austrian) note I found years ago.

Crippollo

Roller Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
If I knew who it belonged to then I would return it. If I just saw it lying in the street off course I would keep it.

I have to agree with you on this one Fitzy (That's a first)

Richie said:
I found a tenner once, which is one of the highlights of my life.

Never found a tenner, found a fiver on the floor at the co-op once, so i bought even more sweets :--D

nealbie

CF Legend
Ian said:
£100 is about $190, or 150 euros

Most certainly keep it in this day and age, especially when you consider how relatively worthless it has become compared to when Ian started the topic :lol:

£100 now equals about $140 and 105 Euros :roll:

Aerith

Mega Poster
Keep it . . . . .

I have a mate from the police, if someone does not claim money that is lost, the police get to keep it sometimes! :lol:

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
I really don't know.... I once found a fiver on the floor walking to work and then £2 in the shop next door on the floor so that was a profitable day :p

But thats a small amount... how the hell could someone drop £100?

I stood with the fiver for a bit too but there was no one walking away from me in any direction (on a long straight road) so it must've been there for some time.... i didn't just pocket it and run lmao!

I'd probably feel too guilty to take it to be honest...

Tony

Hyper Poster
Keep it, I found a fiver stuck down a chair at work the other day which was great to add to my tips :p .

A-Kid

Giga Poster
If I saw them drop it, I would spend it right infront of there face, so they can see what a twat they are.

So...I would keep it for myself....