What's new

I prefer RCT2 to RCT3

Same but, just a heads up, youshould check out forum rules because this is in the wrong spot, and even if it were in the right spot, it's not exactly topic worthy.

Welcome to CF though!

tks

Strata Poster
RCT3 was made without Chris Sawyer which probably explains why it's so crap. The simplicity of the first two RCT's are what made them such good games. I still play them as well as other old tycoon games like Transport Tycoon (best game ever made).

The best things about RCT3 are the wider ride variety, Soaked, and Wild. My computer couldn't handle RCT3 once I started building massive parks and as such I lost interest. I daren't even install it on my laptop!

Ollie

CF Legend
I like RCT3 better but RCT2 is more simple and fun. I don't play either now though. Don't have the time.
People who don't like RCT3 just don't like change or have a crap computer. :p
If it was called something else you'd all be saying what a good game it is as you're comparing it to old versions that you've been playing for years.

A

Anonymous

RCT2 is by far the best. I love going on new element and getting new parks to use custom scenery in my own parks.

Error

Strata Poster
RCT2 is simple and easy to use. Don't have the scenery for a park? No problem! It installs it all for you to use!

RCT3 I haven't played yet considering I can't open up my CQ park anymore.

yinyang

Mega Poster
I agree, RCT 2 is better. They need to make RCT 4, and make it with the graphics of RCT 2 and gameplay simplicity, but with an on ride point of view feature even if the graphics arent as good as RCT 3.
RCT 2 is a prime example of gameplay over graphics :)

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
I thought RCT3 was more in the vein of SimCoaster or SimThemePark, to be honest. There's just something about the 2D graphics and simplicity of RCT2 that I really like. :)

Daniel Bill Kent

Mega Poster
Same here, not much real effort has gone in to 3, also I've noticed that I have a brand new comuter, and when I set the graphics to anything over medium, it doesn't run properly? ..