What's new

Hyperion vs Lech Coaster

Hyperion or Lech Coaster?

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry if there's already a thread like this or if this thread is unwarranted, but I would be interested to know which of these two coasters people who've been to Poland prefer. Now, the reason why I'm comparing these two in particular is because when people visit Poland, these two coasters seem to be the ones that people seem to rate most highly, so I would be interested to know which one the majority of people have as their favourite Polish roller coaster.

Now, it is worth noting that these two are quite different rides. Hyperion is an Intamin mega coaster, whereas Lech Coaster is a Vekoma Bermuda Blitz, and Hyperion is roughly double the size of Lech in terms of height, speed and length.

In terms of which one I prefer the look of, I'm undecided. There are aspects of both that I like the look of, but I'm not sure which one I'd prefer.

So, which one do you guys prefer?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This is actually a difficult one for me. I also remember thinking about this exact question when leaving Poland.

Lech is fantastic. Incredible. It has everything. BUT. The transition from the drop to the first inversion is incredibly intense. Haven't heard of anyone who hasn't greyed out on it at least once (and usually, every time). That makes it difficult to reride, and it is a surprisingly big negative for me. If it was a little less intense, it'd be a Top 5 ride for me. But looking at rides in my Top 10*, if I ask myself "Would I rather ride this or Lech?", I never find myself saying Lech, just because everything else is so rerideable.

Hyperion is really good fun, just for the sheer size, length and speed of it. Maybe it's because I haven't done any other hyper coasters, or if it's just overshadowed by Lech's craziness (since most enthusiasts ride both on a trip), but I do think it's a little underrated. It takes a bit of time to warm up admittedly, but it is just good fun.

*For reference, Lech is #11 in my list. Hyperion sits at #10.

EthC

Mega Poster
I'm gonna say probably Hyperion only because when I went on Lech the next day, I was borderline on my deathbed so my whole body didn't appreciate the intense G force. Anyone who went to the CF live can vouch how dead I was :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Haven't ridden either, but Hyperion looks more interesting to me / is higher on my bucket list.
See, it's funny you say that. I think it's the opposite. :p

Hyperion looks good because it's big, but most of it isn't terribly unique. Straight drop, big hill, turnaround and some high speed corners? Money for old rope, that. Lech has the twisting drop, the bonkers inversions (that step-down corkscrew gives me life) and the theming put it above Hyperion to me.

I'd probably rather ride Hyperion, and I think it'd probably be the better ride, but Lech looks like the more interesting ride and the one I want to get on first.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I prefer Hyperion. Lech has better pacing, a more unique layout and is the more intense of the two (like Josh said the exit of the sidewinder is a big grey out moment every ride). But Hyperion is more up my street as I prefer big tall drops to compact twisty layouts. The airtime is stronger on Hyperion and it has better transitions (the turnaround and stengel dives are very snappy). Both rides are amazing though, it's great to have these coasters suddenly pop up within easy reach of the UK.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Lech Coaster looks far better in my opinion. Not that Hyperion looks like a bad ride, but Lech seems like it would be more my style. I love rides with snappy inversions and the drop looks insane! On the other hand, Hyperion looks somewhat...well, I don't know what to call it. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but I believe there other rides that could do what Hyperion does, but in a much better way. And honestly, I never understood the hype surrounding the ride when it was being built.

SwitchbackFanboy742

Roller Poster
IMO Lech Coaster looks better. I prefer more compact, intense layouts with a lot of intensity for the most part and I do think that Lech's theming also makes it better, and that amaziing flyby people never talk about. I do think that Hyperion is a great ride still, it looks to have some good whip and great sustained ejector but I do believe that just form the compactness, drop and theming, Lech Coaster beats it by a slim margin.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm another one who's ridden neither, but the one that's more interesting to me is Lech.
Intamin hypers? Been there done that, and Hyperion doesn't look to offer anything radically different to the ones I've already ridden. It looks fab, don't get me wrong, but I'm more keen to get in on some new-gen Vekoma action.

Snoo

The Legend
I'm 50/50 on this. I've always been more ejector which tends to LEAN towards Lech but Hyperion looks to have more airtime. As I've had better success with Intamin recently, I'd go with Hyperion but only by a small margin.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I find it quite interesting that those who haven't ridden either prefer Lech, whereas the ones who have prefer Hyperion. Perhaps it means Hyperion has a lot of 'hidden' features that aren't immediately apparent to the typical spectator, or if Lech simply fails to deliver what it appears it can. Or maybe it's a combination of both. Either way, it's an intriguing observation.

Going with the trend, I really do think Lech looks like a much more interesting ride overall. Hyperion does look fantastic, but Lech just has so much more to offer.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Haven't done either but Hyperion looks more like my kind of ride. I like Intamin hypers and I always thought Hyperion looked like one of the best coasters to come out this year.

Lech does seem very interesting, but I never really understood how it was rated so highly. Other than the SFC's, I've never tried the new-gen Vekomas so I never really expected them to be excellent. Even if Lech is that good I'd still rather ride Hyperion.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I imagine I'd enjoy Hyperion more in real life, but Lech just looks more interesting. I don't like extremely intense rides, so I don't think I'd love it. However, it just looks so great and unique, both in its layout and aesthetic.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I find it quite interesting that those who haven't ridden either prefer Lech, whereas the ones who have prefer Hyperion. Perhaps it means Hyperion has a lot of 'hidden' features that aren't immediately apparent to the typical spectator, or if Lech simply fails to deliver what it appears it can. Or maybe it's a combination of both. Either way, it's an intriguing observation.

Going with the trend, I really do think Lech looks like a much more interesting ride overall. Hyperion does look fantastic, but Lech just has so much more to offer.

Rode both a fair amount of times (62x Lech and 8x Hyperion) and I clearly prefer Lech Coaster - though I might be an outlier. For me Lech is so much more consistent with its intensity, although Hyperion has that great snappy Twist n' Dive element.

Luca B

Mega Poster
I’ve only ridden Hyperion, but honestly I think I’d prefer Lech. Lech just seems to have that insane intensity which I love, while Hyperion feels slightly more controlled, and the airtime while it is great, isn’t insanely strong or violent. Also I loved Formula, almost as much as Hyperion, so based off of that I think I would probably prefer Lech.