What's new

Hyper and Terrified - CP & KI - Trip Reports

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Post your trip reports here for our American Live!

Error

Strata Poster
Absolutely amazing.

I got some good videos, and screwed up many shots by using the digital zoom. now that I've learned, tomorrow will be much better. Diamondback, baby!

I'm not going to type out the whole event-taking, I need sleep. I'll post what pictures I got Monday-ish.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Pictures are worth a thousand words...

Taylor and I:
l_f7126da2f07e498c96dab0fe4f0ad82d.jpg

Athena and I:
l_55b51f28a28e4e489f34e3b510fb6358.jpg

Athena:
l_28316cc8ae4e421984f43b3a44ac4553.jpg

Marcus, Matt, Taylor and Joe on Giant Wheel:
l_72de97079e134233895e409f4e68c4d6.jpg

Patrick, Marc and Athena:
l_1371175e07ba4313a37b1bf14baa9e37.jpg

Marcus:
l_05e7d67fdd754dc19d246e816244c139.jpg

Matt:
l_25f592daeea347cfa63cd9f47e9e501d.jpg

l_06bcc6a548a34b06b38acc7d7973e982.jpg

Marcus and poor Snoopy:
l_4b71433827f44ac785df55b4e5b37471.jpg

Marcus and Taylor:
l_258facf9593d49789af4c064c95df15d.jpg

The Group on Skyhawk:
l_b6c51649544b4bf4bfe69b167f82ff84.jpg

The Group at the end:
l_8227994d5f5941bf80820af630d51397.jpg

l_5a97e005865e4b7fa8d47a1728d77ae4.jpg

What a blast this Live was! It was great to see everyone again. I can't wait for tomorrow at KI!

Error

Strata Poster
Well day two was lovely, and freaking sexy as hell.

Diamondback made everyone's top ten, as well as Beast, thanks to the ABSOLUTE best night ride period.

It's bloody 3:40am, I'm tired and Justin drove 4 hours. I'm sleeping. Now.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Speak for yourself Joe. Beast at night was pure sex, but not in my top 10. Diamondback obviously was though.
The Live was awesome in spite of the rain (wasn't heavy & didn't last long). We got in all the rides at both parks except Raptor (we didn't want to ride it) & Demon Drop (had a long queue wtf?). TTD!!!
CP wasn't too busy for a Saturday & Kings Island was golden. ERT on Diamondback was amazing & that last ride of the night on Beast
icon_censored.gif
ing OMG! Loved seeing you guys & had a blast!
Justiinnn!!! :--D
Taylor is still getting ready & Marcus just got out of the shower, so this is just a quick note before we hit the road for Holiday World. I'll be back later with another update, but the real report & photos will have to wait.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Well, I'll guess I'll post the first full length trip report. I'll do this in halves, since I only have the Cedar Point one done right now. I also need to get rid of this bloody disgrace of a signature...

Day 1; June 13th
Cedar Point – Sandusky, Ohio

We woke up at 6:00 AM. We silently got ready, as we were still disheartened by the Red Wings losing to the Penguins in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. We left at 7:00 AM and stopped at Tim Horton’s around 8:15 in Toledo. Another hour later, and Pat, Athena, and I were getting in line for Millennium Force. After a great first ride, we headed to Magnum’s gate to meet up with the rest of the group.

It was great to see everybody again. After a quick reunion, and a bit of a chewing out for not getting to the park right at nine, we headed for Magnum. We were greeted by an empty station and we instantly got on. Pat and I took the ejector row. Magnum definitely deserves the attention it’s getting this year, as it’s just so much fun. Pat almost lost his iPhone. If it wouldn’t have hit my foot when it fell out of his pocket, I wouldn’t have stepped on it and it would’ve been gone.

We walked over to Corkscrew and Power Tower next and got walk ons. We decided to stay in back, so we started around the other side of the park to Wildcat:

IMG_8756.jpg

IMG_8757.jpg

When we got there, we only had to wait a few minutes for one of the park’s smoothest coasters. Since the coaches only sit four people, we went in groups of three. Athena, Marcus, and I went first. Next was Taylor, Patrick, and Justin:

IMG_8761.jpg

After them came Joe, Jerry, and Aidan:

IMG_8763.jpg

We rode Mantits next for some pain. It wasn’t as bad as a lot were expecting though:

IMG_8765.jpg

Since Pat, Athena and I were the only ones who got to ride Millennium Force, we went back for everybody else. We waited around a half hour and we were on.

IMG_8768.jpg

Joe, Jerry, and Aidan are somewhere on this train:

IMG_8773.jpg

We all started getting hungry, so after much deliberation and fighting over money, we went to the front of the park to eat at Midway Market. We ate and relaxed, argued, insulted, laughed, and did everything a dysfunctional roller coaster enthusiast family would do. Once we were done, we checked out Demon Drop and Raptor, but both weren’t worth the waits they had.

IMG_8774.jpg

We decided to head to Blue Streak, and when we were getting in line, we saw Matt drive down Perimeter Road. He was in the park waiting for us by the time we got off. It was nice to meet another member of the site.

While we were heading over to maXair, we stopped for some shenanigans at the new interactive fountain. We laughed at some of the kids getting soaked, and especially the girl who ran through and as soon as she made it through, she stopped and gave a little celebration walk, only to get soaked by a hidden jet on the side of the fountain. Some of us, myself included, decided to show everybody how it was done.

IMG_8777.jpg

We made it to maXair, and it was the first ride Matt was able to get on with us. While in line, Marcus reacquainted himself with Matt:

IMG_8788.jpg

Jerry wanted the Giant Wheel credit afterwards, so we headed there, and took a few pics:

IMG_8790.jpg

After Wicked Twister, we had to get our photos with Snoopy:

IMG_8795.jpg

We still didn’t do the rides in back, so we hit up Magnum once more, Gemini(and had some fun passing a small stick back and forth during the turns), and Mean Streak. By this time, it decided to sprinkle a bit, so we sat down and decided to hop on the train:

IMG_8798.jpg

After two laps, it stopped and we decided to ride Skyhawk. With 10 people in our group, we took up a whole side of one swing. Maverick was finally testing, so we headed over there and had around a half hour wait. Never the less, Joe and Taylor were playing Pattycake:

IMG_8801.jpg

We got on and enjoyed the dark horse. Marcus may have enjoyed it a bit too much:

IMG_8802.jpg

We then decided to be nerds and take photos and video:

IMG_8803.jpg

IMG_8807.jpg

We needed some trick track action after that, so we rode Cedar Creek Mine Ride next, making total fools of ourselves:

IMG_8808.jpg

We wanted to go back near the front, so we headed along Frontier Trail, but along the way, we stopped at the Petting Zoo, only to find some naughty cows:

IMG_8809.jpg

We also got some nice shots of Millennium Forceless:

IMG_8810.jpg

IMG_8811.jpg

Somewhere along the line, we decided just to head to Top Thrill Dragster. We got our locker and headed into line. While waiting, I messed around with my camera and got some nice shots of the launch by adjusting the exposure time. The sky may be white, but the motion blur is very nice:

IMG_8813.jpg

IMG_8817.jpg

Athena and I rode in the back and got on relatively quickly. Everybody else got off, and we had to wait for Marcus and Matt who were waiting for the front row. It was worth it, and this money shot should explain why:

IMG_8822.jpg

After their breathtaking ride, we decided to head out.

IMG_8823.jpg

IMG_8824.jpg

We all had a long drive, and we had to get up early the next morning. We left the park around 8:20PM, but not before getting a group photo:

IMG_8825.jpg

After getting some grub at Taco Bell, we drove to Lima, Ohio, where we spent the night, excited about the following day at King’s Island.

Here's a ride count:

Millennium Force x2
Magnum x1
Corkscrew x1
Power Tower Blue x1
Wildcat x1
Mantis x1
Blue Streak x1
maXair x1
Giant Wheel x1
Wicked Twister x1
Gemini x1
Mean Streak x1
CP & LE Railroad x2
Skyhawk x1
Maverick x1
CCMR x1
Top Thrill Dragster x1

Error

Strata Poster
That's pretty much how it all went down. Only difference for me is I never got ERT on Maverick, Millie or Diamondback.

I've finished my CP video, just waiting for Marcus to give me that shot of them on TTD before I've completely finished it.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Day 2; June 14th
King’s Island – King’s Mills, Ohio

Once again, we woke up at six, excited for our day. We left our hotel around 6:45 AM and arrived at the park just before nine(we stopped at a Waffle House), beating Jerry, Marcus, and Taylor. We found Justin and Joe, and while waiting for the park to open, we met up with Kevin (a member I invited from SSCoasters). Finally, at around 9:20 AM, they started letting people in. Unfortunately, Joe was not able to enter for some Diamondback ERT, which was a real bummer. While Joe waited, we went.

Why hello there King’s Island!
IMG_8826.jpg

It looms over everybody as we walk towards the entrance:

IMG_8827.jpg

Finally, after months of watching and waiting, we were here. We were really going to ride Diamondback. This was the climax of the trip:

IMG_8831.jpg

The air gates open and you sit down in a spacious bucket seat that beats most la-z-boys and pull down your clamshell restraint. The train is dispatched and it’s a steep, but quick climb up 215 feet. You crest the top and look out over woods. Down you go, plummeting to 80 miles per hour. In the back, it’s a good 3-4 seconds of pure ejector. Up the second hill you go. Out of your seat you come again, as the pull on this ride is greater than any other B&M hyper I’ve been on. Down into the ravine and up the third hill; out of your seat again. The hammerhead turn is next, which taken at a nice speed and has some good forces in it. The trim does bite going into the fourth hill, but it doesn’t ruin the ride. There is still good pull at the top of the hill that crosses under the third. Next is a helix which whirls you around, up into the mid course brakes for a breather. These brakes bite as well, but still, it doesn’t kill the ride. Down into the ravine you go again and over two hills, both with nice, sustained floater. Into the final helix, the ride aligns itself for one of the signature parts of the ride: the water splash. You barely even feel the train slow down as it runs through it and up into the brakes, which smoothly stop the train. In the back, if you turn around during the water splash, you’ll see nothing but a 40+ foot wall of water, threatening a misting.

Overall, Diamondback is an incredible roller coaster and no doubt King’s Island’s best. They did an outstanding job with the whole ride, and as of now, it’s sitting at number three in my top ten. The only thing that I can find wrong with the ride is the helixes don’t have the extreme G-forces like Goliath or Titan, but I can definitely live without it.

I didn’t want to break up the review, so here are all my photos of Diamondback:

IMG_8837.jpg

IMG_8841.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg

IMG_8889.jpg

Money shot:

IMG_8892.jpg

Probably the only picture that does the water splash justice:

IMG_8894.jpg

Motion Blur:

IMG_8898.jpg

IMG_8842.jpg

IMG_8843.jpg

IMG_8846.jpg

IMG_8847.jpg

IMG_8849.jpg

IMG_8853.jpg

IMG_8876.jpg

IMG_8874.jpg

After three rides on it, one a front row with Kevin, we met up with Joe and another friend of Kevin and mine, Ben, and his friend, Jay. We got in line for another ride and Joe was ecstatic. He loved it from start to finish. It was Ben’s first time to King’s Island in two years, and he loved it as well. We got off ten minutes later and met up with a third friend from SSCoasters, Jimmy. Now that we had everybody together, we headed for The Beast. It was interesting hearing everybody’s opinion on the ride.

IMG_8848.jpg

I also got my photo with Kevin, Ben, and Jimmy, all four of us SSC members:

IMG_8852.jpg

Backlot Stunt Coaster was next. We had a group of 13, and took up an entire train. Aidan was the lone wolf and rode in the front row of the next train, all by himself. I can see him in 5 years driving a Mini Cooper.

Vortex Followed. This is one of the better Arrow loopers out there, and if Arrow knew how to bank and heartline, they would have a phenomenal coaster here.

IMG_8893.jpg

Firehawk was next on the list. Everybody thought X-flight was better. This was also one of the longer waits of the day(excluding SOB). We went next door to Flight of Fear afterwards. While in line, we were watching the mini show they had going and at one point they switch to a ‘security’ camera of the queue, because the people in line are in a ‘quarantined area’. The only hitch was that the camera was pointing at an empty section of queue. As for the ride, I still like it. The inversions are very disorienting in the dark and the forces in the turns during the rest of the ride are pretty nice.

We went to Racer, expecting a race, but we didn’t get one. It was very sad. The ride is very smooth though, which made up for the lost race.

We ate lunch at Panda Express. Delicious.

Adventure Express came next. This is one of the better mine train coasters out there, as it’s mainly in a ravine and is very very fast.

After this, it started to sprinkle. We tried Drop Zone, but it closed when we got in line. At this time, we had to say good bye to Jimmy, so we shook hands and parted. Son of Beast was still running so we headed there, only for it to close while we were waiting. We stayed in line since there was nothing better to do. Marcus even fell asleep. Taylor got lucky I guess:

IMG_8863.jpg

We waited and waited, and after an hour and a half or so, they were cycling trains. We got on, and I’m not lying, it was actually a smooth ride for once. The rain did the ride wonders. It was fast, smooth, and the rose bowls, while still bad, were tolerable this time.

IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8868.jpg

Kevin and Ben enjoying Son of Beast:

IMG_8865.jpg

We did Flight Deck next, which is one of the better suspended coasters out there. It’s fast, it has great forces, and it swings quite a bit. Here’s a bad POV I took:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfBvM6UT5QQ[/youtube]

Here’s an offride as well:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_mZCGreHnw[/youtube]

Drop Zone was open again, so we headed there. What a rush this was. I had a fist of space between my legs and the restraints. My legs felt light even before we started ascending. We got to the top and plummeted. It was the single greatest experience of freefall in my life. 300 feet to the ground, I could hear Taylor and Joe screaming over me. Absolutely brilliant:

IMG_8871.jpg

It started to sprinkle again, but we waited by Invertigo. Kevin had to leave before Invertigo and Ben and Jay stayed to ride, but left when they got off. It was great to finally meet them, as well as Jimmy. After we had a nice ride on that, we headed for the Kiddy coasters. We got to ride the Fairly Odd Coaster, which was Jerry’s 250th coaster, as well as a credit for Joe, Pat, Athena, Aidan, and Taylor. We also rode Runaway Reptar while we were over there. On the way back, we took a spin on the Scooby Doo dark ride, which wasn’t worth it. There were no sights on the blasters to aim, so our scores were terrible. Pat’s gun didn’t even register. I got 60 points. Somehow Athena ended up with 450 or something like that. It must be geared for little minds ;). The high score was only in the 600s though.

The Eiffel Tower is a must do while you’re at King’s Island. We went up for a bit, took some pictures, and went down. While I was up there, I took an offride video of Diamondback:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGseCK88BKY[/youtube]

Athena and I also took a very nice picture of us with Diamondback from the top:

IMG_8881.jpg

We went back to Delirium next. It was the only ride we were missing. Most people thought it was better than maXair. I though it gave a nicer ride, although they probably have identical programs.

We were getting hungry, so we headed for Skyline Chili. I got a regular 3 Way(spaghetti, chili, and cheese), and it was delicious, with a capital D. Some other people got some too.

We wanted to reride Racer and actually get a race, so we got one. Here’s CoasterForce on The Racer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9sRPm2YNto[/youtube]

Time for some rerides. We headed to Diamondback. Jay returned since he had nothing better to do, but he brought The Pants with him:

IMG_8887.jpg

I’m going to Hot Topic as soon as I can and I’m going to find myself something similar.

We only had about a 15 minute wait for Diamondback again. I left a ton of space on my restraint and I was coming a full six inches out of my seat. It was getting very dark as well, which added to the experience.

Our final ride was a night ride on The Beast. After waiting for the fireworks, we were on. The ride was just like a horror film. We were racing through the woods with nobody around, it was pitch black out, there was a light fog hanging over the trees, and the roar of the train wrapped it all up. The Beast used to be number 80 on my list, but it’s now been bumped up to 41 because of that ride. Absolutely incredible.

We walked up to the front of the park, a bit sad that our weekend was over already. We all had an amazing time at both parks. We got on plenty of rides, we made new friends, and we strengthened friendships with current friends. We shook hands, gave hugs, and said our final good byes, hoping we would be able to see each other again before next year. 39 hours after we woke up on Saturday morning, we got ready to sleep and put all the events of the weekend into our memories.

By the way, we woke up around ten the next day, and at a gas station we stopped at, we saw this:

IMG_8899.jpg

Marcus and Justin came to my mind right away ;). We got home around 4:00PM.

Snoo

The Legend
Sexy as hell. Marc, I love you.

PS: Voyage was awesome today, as was Pilgrims Plunge, as was Kentucky Rumbler! :)

And.. I must say.. sexiest pic of me ever. :lol:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I love you too Marcus. It's good to hear that Voyage, Pilgrims, and Rumbler were great. We'll try and do the add on days next year with you guys.

MARC YOU BEAT ME TO THE REPORTS! So I aint gonna go overboard.. I'm workin on mine now. I have like 290 files, some pics, some vids, so I hope you guys enjoy it! My report will be up like, supaaaa soon!

Holiday World and Beech Bend were pretty good too.. Voyage was better than I expected, but Rumbler was actually not as good as I expected.

So be prepared for my reports and stuff, coming in like, an hour or two!

DAY ONE

Well, where to start but the very beginning?!

I woke up at about 6:10 in the morning on the 12th, did my thing and got ready, and got picked up by my uncle at about 8:20 for him to take me across the border to the Greyhound station. Good thing we had a lot of time to spare because there was a seven car accident and the traffic was bad. So, I got there finally, and though I were suppose to leave at 10:30, I didn't end up leaving until almost an hour later.

100_0720.jpg

100_0721-1.jpg

My station and bus!

Instead of stopping in Cleveland for an hour, we only stopped for about ten minutes to make up time. An hour and a half later, I started seeing signs for Austintown and Youngstown, meaning I was almost there! I got to the Youngstown station and a few minutes later I heard Marcus call my name from his mommy's car. Sooooo, we were off to his house for the night:

100_0726.jpg

100_0722.jpg

100_0723.jpg

100_0725-1.jpg

100_0724-1.jpg

I got to see some of his family (I love them haha), and then eat some Rigatoni which was dee-lishh.

THEN, we went to the fair, where we rode this inverter four times:

6faa1cd26ea7.jpg

Pic is courtesy of Marcus because I left my camera at home :(

Then we went back to his house after searching for some Yoohoos or whatever the heck they were, watched Lion King, and fell asleep.

I woke up at like, 5:45, showered, and smashed my head on his stupid bathroom ceiling :p . Never seen a worse layout to a bathroom ever. But yah, I was all ready, and at 7 sharp, Jerry was at Marcus' front door ready to pick us up and for the fun to begin!

100_0727-1.jpg

There's my boo, Aidan.

Two hours later, and we were there!

100_0728-1.jpg

100_0729.jpg

Me and Marcus got dropped off into the front of the park, so we could process none other than..

100_0730.jpg

100_0731-1.jpg

Some shots going into the park.. Nothin special:

100_0732.jpg

100_0734-1.jpg

We went to Maverick to meet up with Jerry, Justin, and Aidan for some ERT goodness on the ride. We waited twenty minutes.

After the ERT was done, we went back to the back entrance to meet up with Joe, Marc, Athena, and Pat.. Joe was waiting in the parking lot, and the other three were just done some MF ERT.

100_0753.jpg

Me and Athena!

100_0756.jpg

Me and knick-knack-patty-watty

100_0745.jpg

Me and Joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat

100_0740-1.jpg

Joe again

100_0741-1.jpg

100_0746.jpg

100_0747.jpg

Walking and antics after the entire group got together.

I can't even remember the order, but I know we did Magnum next. I sat in the front all on my lonesome haha. But it was better than it was last time I rode it, and I notice it's really a hit or miss coaster.. It either sucks, or it's good.

Then, we went to likeeeeeeee, Corkscrew which was better than I remembered, but nothing picture worthy or anything.

We went to Power Tower next, where I rode with Justin.

100_0742-1.jpg

YAY FOR PT

100_0737-1.jpg

YAY FOR ME AND J

Then, Wildcat...

100_0749.jpg

I got more vids than I did pics of everyone on Wildcat, but those will come later.

Then we did a ride on Millie or Mantis or something. Let's just say OBEY the warning signs when the Mantis signs say to take your earrings out. Millie was kind of forceless as usual, but the lake was extra scary kind of.

100_0751.jpg

100_0792-1.jpg

100_0793-1.jpg

J and MF

Then, after deliberating, we went to eat at Midway Market which has some BOMB food and potatos and desserts.

100_0757.jpg

100_0760.jpg

100_0758.jpg

We went to check Demon Drop out, which was WHACKK, so we went over to Blue Streak instead. No pictures though.

THENNNNN, Mattao came <3

100_0765.jpg

100_0766.jpg

100_0797.jpg

Mattao and Jerry

So there was some fountain faffing and stuff, in this ghastly new fountain system:

Then we went to MaXair, rode that BAD BOI, then rode.. The ferris wheel. One of my biggest fears in Cedar Point.

100_0768.jpg

100_0769.jpg

Lookin' hawt on the ferris wheel, boys!

Went on Wicky Twicky next.. No pics for that. Like, how many times are we gonna see pics of WT's spikes up against the sky? *COUGH* Marcus.

I can't remember after this, but I'm pretty certain we went back to like, the back area of the park, but not before Snoopy molestation:

100_0772-1.jpg

Matty also molested woodstock, but I don't have a pic.

I think we rode Mean Streak, and then it started to rain.

100_0777.jpg

Soo, we took the train ride twice around the park and got attacked by like eightysixthousand, sixhundred and fourty seven bugs.

Then, the rain stopped, so we went to Maverick again, which was sexy as always and still didn't have a long line!

I believe Draggy was like, the last ride of the day if I am not mistaken, so me and Joe hopped on that one, as did everyone else. Marcus and Matt took the front.

100_0801-1.jpg

100_0804.jpg

Me and Jerry:

100_0802.jpg

Then, we decided to call it quits at about 8:30, since Pat, Marc, and Athena had to go anyways, and it would be a long drive to the hotel room anyway. So we went to Taco Bell first where we ate and then said by to MATTAO, and then we drove two and a half hours to Lima (which I now know is Lime-a, not Lee-mah). The hotel:

100_0807.jpg

100_0808.jpg

100_0809.jpg

100_0812.jpg

Dark and blurry but my room and Marcus' room was in the right corner, second floor.

100_0810.jpg

Decent rooms, nasty shower tho.

Got to bed at like, 3, and that concluded day one of the CF-Live.

P.S.- I'm on a boat. :p

OoO, triple posting, aren't I naughty?

DAY 2

Got up at like, 5:45 again on Sunday in order to get ready for the Live, so I showered and did all that good stuff, but I ran out of time so I didn't wear a lot of makeup omg. So then, we went through the Burger King drive through where I got an orange juice, and peaced out to the Island of Kings.

We got lost for about two seconds, but soon enough, we saw this:

100_0813-1.jpg

We stood in line for a bit, and then we got into the park at 9:30 for ERT. I took a few pictures at the entrance:

100_0818.jpg

How original..

100_0822.jpg

100_0819.jpg

100_0821.jpg

Then it was onto DIAMONDBACK ERT! Poor Joey though, had to sit it out.

100_0826.jpg

100_0824.jpg

100_0825.jpg

100_0827.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/rOll3r_cOast3r_lOv3r/100_0834.jpg[/IMG

[img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c282/rOll3r_cOast3r_lOv3r/100_0846.jpg

100_0837.jpg

¸
It was a walk on.. Lovelyy! So I sat in like, the middle row with one of Marc's friends:

image0.jpg

Then, we rode it a few more times, sometimes in the back, sometimes in the front, but the back is the best. All in all, it is number six in my count and was the best out of the three B&M coasters of that type I have been on.

THEN, we went on Beast. What an awesome surprise! Not amazing in terms of airtime, and the trims were a bummer, but I quite liked it. It was just a fun coaster and something I thoroughly enjoyed. The setting was awesome, too!

image0-1.jpg

Wasn't sure at this point if it made my top ten, but I was pretty sure it was going to.

100_0849.jpg

100_0844.jpg

Those are just about the only shots I could get of Beast :p .

Then we either went on Stunt Coaster, or Vortex:

100_0858.jpg

100_0857.jpg

100_0859.jpg

100_0856.jpg

100_0852.jpg

Stunt Coaster was okay.. I liked the one at Wonderland better for some reason, maybe it was where I was sitting. Vortex was surprisingly not too bad! Short lines for both as well.

Random of me and Marc

100_0851.jpg

Next was Racer..

100_0868.jpg

100_0862.jpg

100_0861.jpg

100_0935.jpg

Definitely sucked where I sat that time, but we rode it again later and I liked it a lot better. Still nothing special, though.

I think we rode this next:

100_0869.jpg

I have no pictures of it, but it wasn't anything special.. To me, it was on par with Mine Ride at Cedar Point.

I believe we went to Firehawk next:

100_0865.jpg

100_0863.jpg

100_0867.jpg

It was just how I remembered it as Xflight.. Awesome lie to fly, and the rest was pretty cool too, but, not a new credit. I was gonna count it, but you guys basically put me off that.

100_0866.jpg

Flight of Fear was better than I thought it would be, and it made my top twenty, actually.

Next up was a bite to eat at..

100_0871.jpg

Panda Express!

100_0872.jpg

Athena looking lovely, eating her food.

(p.s.- I still find your fortune funny, Marcus :p )

But yes, Panda Express was yummy, but as soon as the country show started, we peacedd out.

100_0873.jpg

I like where the Pirate Ship is situated, although we didn't ride it (hey look, it's a boat!)

Me and Jay!

100_0874.jpg

Since we were heading into Action Zone or whatever it is called, I took a few pictures of ripcord and the other things that dwell within that area!

100_0878.jpg

100_0875.jpg

Delirium!

And there it was.. The big, bad, Drop Tower:

100_0896.jpg

100_0876.jpg

100_0881-1.jpg

But then, just as we were about to go on, it closed due to rain! So we headed over to Son of Beast:

100_0892.jpg

100_0879-1.jpg

100_0880-1.jpg

100_0884.jpg

Shame it was raining, but I guess I was the pillow of the day until the rain stopped:

100_0887.jpg

100_0883-1.jpg

Jay doing yoga:

100_0888.jpg

Massive coaster, shame it is one of my least favourite woodies I have been on so far, alongside like, Wild Beast at Wonderland.

Drop Tower was still not testing, much to my happiness :p. So then, we rode Flight Deck instead.

100_0889.jpg

100_0891.jpg

100_0890.jpg

100_0893.jpg

I like the one at Wonderland better, probably because of the setting, but this was still a fun coaster.

But then, Drop Tower re-opened, so we rode it. Yes, I screamed for any of you who might be wondering! The ride itself was absolutely fantastic, but is it something I'd be thrilled to do again? Probably not!

I think Invertigo was next:

100_0903.jpg

100_0902.jpg

100_0904.jpg

It started drizzling again, so as soon as we sat on the ride, it shut down because of the weather, but this time the ride was only down for about 15-20 minutes at the most. Jerry got a good POV of this one! As for the ride itself, it was good.. Definitely the best boomerang style coaster I have been on.

Fairly Odd Coaster was next on the list, and would be Jerry's 250th coaster. Kind of a silly one ot be a milestone, but that's the fun of it!

I've been on three clones of these coasters, so it wasn't anything special, but it's still a fantastic coaster for kids! But, the kids didn't seem to think so..

100_0914.jpg

Walk-ons and/or short lines were kind of a thing at Kings Island. The longest we ever waited for a coaster was like, maybe 35-40 minutes for Xflight and a bit less for Flight of Fear, but the rest were minimal to nothing.

Avatar Airbender in the background:

100_0919.jpg

100_0915.jpg

Totally a credit, but we didn't ride it.

A few pics of this area of the park:

100_0911.jpg

100_0917.jpg

100_0920.jpg

100_0916.jpg

100_0922.jpg

100_0924.jpg

100_0930.jpg

100_0927.jpg

Next... Runaway Reptar!

100_0925.jpg

100_0926.jpg

100_0929.jpg

Then there was this game:

100_0932.jpg

100_0931.jpg

With a high score of 690 points, who won this game? ME!

I think we then went to whore up some Delirium

100_0909.jpg

I think we then went on Racer again or something, which was better than the first time, but still not amazing. We also rode the Eiffel Tower thing, which was pretty scary, but it gave a nice view of everything.

100_0941.jpg

100_0944.jpg

100_0933.jpg

100_0933.jpg

100_0937.jpg

100_0939.jpg

We did a night ride on Diamondback after that, which was pretty awesome, and I`m not gonna lie but, that was not the best way to end the night.. The best way was with a night ride on Beast. AMAZING! I loved the misty valleys, the terrain-y layout, and it is just such a fun coaster. It got a spot at number eight in my top ten actually.

After that ride was over, I was dead tired, and the park was closing anyway, so we went to the front entrance, gave hugs to everyone, and left. A few of us went to Waffle House for about an hour or so as well, but I only had a hashbrown because I wasn't too hungry. But, it was fun stuff indeed!

I'm not sure if I should post the addon in here, or in the trip reports section.. hmm.. Maybe both?

Error

Strata Poster
Nice PTR, Taylor. I'll be considering getting a pass for next year, being as I was the only one who didn't have one.

By the way, thanks to everyone who helped me out. I owe you guys so much!

I have both my videos fully done, and edited. Should I upload them now, or wait till Marcus gives me the better TTD shot?

Ollie

CF Legend
Nice trip report Taylor. A couple of those pictures are really good but it's a shame that quite a few of them are quite dark and blurred as well.

Great to see that you had a nice weekend and got some more coasters as well. :)

Haha, sorry guys, I know I took a lot of pics.. They're not suppose to be fab photography though, just enough to have it and know what it is :p .

And Pat.. Good, Im glad it hurt your compy :p