What's new

hyde park winter land of greed

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
after a burdenous morning (hotel taking 20 minutes to produce a breakfast of a small box of cornflakes, with a jug of slightly off milk, along with a prepackaged croissant and a carton of flippin capri sun! then my netbook taking 40-50 mnutes to install updates and shut down and THEN a 30 minute queue at the left luggage place at euston, I finally arrived at a packed hyde park at about 1ish.

first priority was lunch - a german chicken skewer with roll, in the usuall german style they hadn't even cut the rolls open ready to be loaded with the chicken - it was quite nice, if a little dry.

then onto some rides! First up was "thriller" - the pinfari (£6)- which was actually quite good fun, if a little neck jarring! dunno why they were only loading half trains!! I skipped euro coaster, and wild maus xxl as I'd done them last year (might do them at the xmas xf meeet thing) and straight onto the haunted mansion - a suspended ghost train which was FAB!(£5) The quality of traveling dark rides has improved so much over the past few years.

I then did the indoor spinner - which was pretty poor - no theming inside at all, exept some clouds stuck on the roof, and you could see the whole track inside! The "ghost train of christmas past"(£3 or 4) was pretty good. I didn't have enough time for blizzard - the mondial booster type thing before the circus show, the place was absolutely heaving by then - and it took about 20 minutes to shuffle round to the circus tent(via the churros stall - why do they only do such large portions?)!!

Circus was pretty good - the juggler was brilliant, and the strongman really good too! Followed that with a hog roast bap which was yummy! and queued half an hour for the blizzard thing (£8 - YIKES) - really disappointing cycle - 4 turns in only one direction - should have recognised that in the queue before paying! and you only got one "flip" at the top of each spin - should have done "danters air" instead - coming to think of it I should have done it as well!

Had another go on the haunted mansion (ace) before cirque berserk - which was brilliant, before rushing back to euston and picking up my bags before getting the train home - a little worried about missing my train - particularly as hyde park corner was closed, thankfully the queue for luggage was smaller than in the morning