How many meals do you have each day?

Number of main meals for me is...

• 1 - Just one gluttony session - a baked bean on a crumb of bread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Usually skip breakfast, but like my lunch and dinner/supper

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 3 - The main three.

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • 4 - Every day needs afternoon tea as well.

• 5 - And brunch

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 6+ I'm essentially a cow and spend all day grazing

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other - for those with eating disorders, etc.

• Total voters

BBH

Giga Poster
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, with fruit and such musings throughout the day. I'm one of the few people my age that doesn't skip breakfast, because if I don't I'll be eating my desk before second period.

Posted while reading your mind.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
caffeine_demon said:
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
Breakfast and dinner everyday with light snacking in between. Breakfast is usually massive, 4+ scrambled eggs, toast and some cereal.

Nahh - THIS is a massive breakfast!

No, that's my mid-morning snack! :p

Snacks aren't meals by the way for all those who seem confused - they're snacks :p

If I included my snacks then it would be in the thousands a day ;)

Main meal I think we can class as a prepared meal, where you eat until you're satiated - usually containing several ingredients (proteans, vegetables and carbs).

Joey said:
Sometimes I have none, sometimes I graze all day and sometimes I manage the legendary 3 a day.

Thought that was normal?

It is for you Joey, it is for you* ;)

*which means it's not at all normal, no :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I never do breakfast at home. I'd rather have the extra time in bed, and eating first thing in the morning makes me feel physically sick.

I'll make exceptions in a hotel maybe 50% of the time as I'll generally be less rushed if I'm on holiday. It'll depend on what I'm doing that day and what time I get up.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I get the not eating breakfast thing. If I'm up before 6:30, I feel sick if I eat anything. I can sometimes manage to hold down a coffee if I have a long drive ahead of me.

I don't know if it's a metabolism thing, where my natural eating rhythm (with normal sleep patterns) means my metabolism doesn't function before that point. For other people, this is later? It's a theory :lol:

thx

Mega Poster
^I think it has more to do with how long you have slept before you wake up. As if I sleep only 4 hours and then wake up at say, 6:30 and have breakfast I can feel a bit nauseous, yet if I have like 8hours of sleep I usually never do.
I usually eat the three-main meals, if I wake up before noon or so (a bit flexible with the time). If I wake up later I might as well have lunch first, as in a proper meal right after I wake up and skip breakfast (which is usually only müesli or some bread anyway). Usually those times are after I've gone out the night before, so a substantial meal is more attractive option to start the day than some breakfast food.

Actual meals? Basically one. It depends what shift I'm on really. When I'm on days I have one meal because I have like a piece of bread for breakfast and then some candies for lunch, saving my only actual meal for supper. On afternoons I have like a bowl of cereal, a small lunch and a small dinner, so two I guess.