How many languages do you speak?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nic said:
Jason Voorhees said:
furie said:
I can muddle by badly using British Sign Language (BSL).

Isn't your wife DEAF?
PMSL! If she is, she hides it very well! haha! I bet she wishes she was half the time, having to listen to Phil prattle on ;)

How very rude! Completely true, but still rude :p She has a special ignorant brain though (this was actually the doctor's diagnosis). She's a little deaf in one ear, but most of the things she can't hear, or mishears, is simply down to her brain not wanting to hear it :lol: It answers a lot of questions I think ;)

Madame_Furie's stepsister is deaf - or Step-sister-in-law_furie as she is more accurately descriptively called ;) - so I learned to help communicate with her. Madame_Furie still can't sign mind :roll:

She can't spell either (SSIL_Furie), so finger spelling fails :lol:

gavin said:
Why are people finding it necessary to answer with "English" on an English language forum?

I think the way some people post, it's the first sign we may have had that it's their first language ;) :lol:

Bastille

Roller Poster
gavin said:
Why are people finding it necessary to answer with "English" on an English language forum?

It boosts our language count, thus making us appear intellectual and sophisticated. ;)

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
gavin said:

To be fair the question was how many languages, not what languages, so everyone in here that has an answer that is not a number would have failed the exam.

P.S

I speak 1 language fluently (kinda). AMERICAN

But in all seriousness I understand enough Spanish and EYE-talian to get by.

I learned spanish from (to quote my wife) "all of my fat-hispanic exes" (a nice thick latina can get big real quick when they have a solid man :drinking: ). My father's heritage was Sicilian, however his family spoke Italian primarily, especially stateside, so that is what was semi-passed down to me.