What's new

how does rebranding a coaster work

The Deadman

Mega Poster
ive been watching videos of all the different coasters [i put a lot on DVD lol] and saw the same ones but with different themes. How does that all come about, do they take em apart to repaint or add new parts etc

RCF

Strata Poster
Do you mean as in clones or the same coaster, but at a different time it's a different theme (i.e. Bizzaro or X2)? If it's the latter then usually they're are closed, and they're hardly ever taken apart, and they add all these things such as onboard audio, different effects different color schemes etc.

Usually it's either because it's to improve the coaster in more ways than one, or it may just be a normal re-theme.

The Deadman

Mega Poster
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
Do you mean as in clones or the same coaster, but at a different time it's a different theme (i.e. Bizzaro or X2)? If it's the latter then usually they're are closed, and they're hardly ever taken apart, and they add all these things such as onboard audio, different effects different color schemes etc.

Usually it's either because it's to improve the coaster in more ways than one, or it may just be a normal re-theme.

yeah the paint jobs and all that, i was curious as to how they gave em the different paint schemes and all that, but thanks to all who explained!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Not a bad topic for a new member. Much better than the usual "they're building a new coaster at..." that's usually posted by people who don't bother looking at the topics that are already posted. :)
The only thing I would ask of you Mr. Deadman, is for better punctuation. Just capitalize the beginning of your sentences & your I's please, otherwise you come across as being much younger & less intelligent. :wink:

The Deadman

Mega Poster
Meh, ive always been under the impression its the internet and not that big of a deal to me, unless it was a resume or something. But i'll keep this under consideration lol.

Smithy

Strata Poster
The general public are often fickle. For people that don't really know of a theme park, tell them five years later that they have a ride called (not even sure what they changed Ride of Steel too), they'll assume they've not been on it and want to go on it, without realising they may have already been on it.

Also, they may assume it's a new ride by having not heard of it, and it being a new colour and new theme. It's essentially a cheaper and easier way of attracting some attention and implementing new marketing strategies than building a new ride.

Homer

Hyper Poster
UC said:
There are some exceptions to these rules, but these are the main reasons why a re-theme occurs. One example of an exception is when Clementon Park opened Tsunami in 2004, but the coaster was quickly re-named to J2 for 2005, out of respect for the Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004 that killed over 200,000 people.

Don't forget it was renamed Hell Cat in 2008 yet again for no reason out of nowhere. inb4 its renamed again "because it has the word hell in it and the park is a bunch of satanist heathens."