What's new

How do you deal with your “loose articles”?

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'm rarely seen anywhere without my bumbag - might not be the trendiest of items, but it's the best thing to hold my mobile phone in!

Usually have a small rucksack for drinks, snacks, and maybe a camera. Not too bothered by enforced lockers, but hate when the "no loose articles" policy extends to the freakin' queue line...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
On the "not trendy" thing, or on the "best way to store my phone" thing?
On the "not trendy". He was rocking the bumbag on our recent Netherlands trip under the promise that it was the current fashion! ;)

Will

Strata Poster
I used to have one because of how useful they were on theme park trips - the way you can just swivvel them to the side when you go on a ride with a lap or shoulder restraint.
However, I made the big mistake of wearing it on a school trip to Alton Towers in 2003. I received a lot of abuse and never wore it again.

I usually bring a bag to a park, or a coat with fastening inside pockets if it's a bit cooler. I've usually got my wallet and camera to look after at the very least and if I've needed to bring my tablet then the problem is bigger still!

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I never, never bring a bag or anything I have to carry.

Money, cards (debit card and pass), keys, and phone in zippered shorts pockets.

I consider these preparations to be enough to earn the right never to mess with a locker, and I deeply resent SFGAdv forcing me to do so anyway (when I was at CP this summer, they hadn’t yet started forcing people).

Btw, SFGA is an ambiguous abbreviation. I’d suggest SFGAdv, SFGAm, or SFoG.

Luca B

Mega Poster
I usually take a bag, as my home park is Thorpe Park, and there are no dumb policies there. In general, I bring my bag to parks and just pay the locker price (if I have to use a locker) as I would like to keep my phone on me throughout the day and I don’t want to take my phone on rides with me so it doesn’t get smashed up.