What's new

How do I convince someone to go to a amusement park?

Blackhole6670

Roller Poster
I am hoping to go to kings island in the summer of 2016, and I want one of my friends to come with me. Most of my friends very nice and understanding, but I am not sure they will want to go to an amusement park with me. How should I convince someone to go to an amusement park with me to kings island this summer? What days do you recommend going to kings island? What are must rides at kings island? If you could help me, I will be very happy.

mouse

Giga Poster
Blackhole6670 said:
I am hoping to go to kings island in the summer of 2016, and I want one of my friends to come with me. Most of my friends very nice and understanding, but I am not sure they will want to go to an amusement park with me.
You don't know until you ask them!

As for must rides, Banshee, Diamondback and The Beast should be ridden for sure. Kings Island has a great selection of rides for a range of people :).
https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things ... rill-rides

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
I'd say go all "SAM PEPPER" on your friend and kidnap them. After your friend rides the coaster while tied up, just say "ITS JUST A PRANK, BRO" to release that tension.

But on a serious note, just be nice about it and remind them the time they'll have.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just focus on how great a time it will be with friends. :) Also worth mentioning that admission to Kings Island will also get you into the water park - a fun add for a hot summer day! If friends are also not fans of roller coasters, you can also emphasize that they wouldn't be forced onto any rides they do not feel comfortable riding.

Lofty

CF Legend
If they don't want to go - find other people? Or equally...

thCA9O175J.jpg

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I forced/convinced two of my friends to go to PA with me while on a short holiday to Barcelona.

One agreed as she knew how much joy it would bring me, and the other I convinced by saying 'IT'LL BE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY FUN AND I'D HATE YOU TO MISS OUT...'

Probably would have gone alone otherwise..

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
You have broached this question a number of times, and everyone seems to be in agreement that starting small and working your way up to be a best plan of approach.

I have been in your shoes. I hated riding roller coasters, out of the fear of airtime and steep drops. However, I realized that starting with the smaller roller coasters helped me realize the design was not nearly as aggressive as I feared, and I worked up from there.

Here is the plan of attack I would recommend:

1. Ride Adventure Express. This is a true Arrow Mine Train - perfect for families with no steep drops or bursts of speed. Just lots of fun turns and straightaways. (And my second favorite mine train overall, a personal favorite!)

2. Ride Backlot Stunt Coaster. This is a family-oriented ride that does not feature any large drops or inversions. A great way to work up from Adventure Express, and see how you feel riding a faster-paced roller coaster. :)

3. Stop and reflect on the previous two roller coasters, to see how you felt. If you think they were good, then proceed!

4. Ride Surf Dog (Avatar Airbender). Wait, a flat ride? Yes - while this is technically a Disco, it will further step up the game on seeing how you can cope with spinning and decent pops of airtime.

5. Ride Racer. This is a larger roller coaster, but one that features very gradual hills and airtime hills. Nothing drastic here, just a simple out-and-back wooden coaster (and a very famous one at that).

6. Ride Bat (Top Gun). This is a slightly more intense ride than the Racer, as the suspended cars sway. But it is a very fun layout that packs in some fun g-forces and is well worth the ride!

7. If you have gotten here, you have done great! Riding all previously mentioned rides gives you a great foundation, and everything from here on out is only slightly more speed, forces, drops, etc.

8. Ride Beast. Yes you heard me. While Beast is notorious for its length, it is not notorious for its speed or drops. Seriously, the roller coaster's first drop is 140 ft., but it also has a trim brake, much like other portions of the ride. This roller coaster is about ride duration, and honestly does not pack any major airtime or steep drops. If you can ride the previous rides, Beast is an easy step.

9. Just keep going. I would probably ride Vortex next to introduce inversions, and then move on to Flight of Fear, Firehawk, Delirium (Giant Swing), Invertigo, Diamondback, and Banshee. I do honestly skip Drop Tower as I am not a fan of drop towers. Once you get the momentum going, you realize the biggest barrier is all in your mind for riding roller coasters - the actual riding is not nearly as bad as you fear!