What's new

HotGo Park | Unknown | Gravity Group terrain woodie

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The Gravity Group made an announcement at IAAPA that they are building four new coasters in China with three slated to open in 2014 and the fourth in 2015. Little else was announced other than this one will be a terrain hugging model and the second of the three opening next year.
http://rcdb.com/11606.htm

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This ones under way too

The ride will have a total track length of 1,200 meters (4000ft) and a maximum speed of 94km/h (58mph) as well as featuring tunnels and at least one 90 degree banked turn.

Hotgocon1.jpg

Hotgocon2.png

Source: VHCoasters

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, that second picture is great! This looks really good!

The POV isn't all that inspiring though. Whilst I realise it is only a NL (p)recreation, it doesn't seem to do an awful lot. Doesn't stop it looking good though I suppose...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The first stage of the park is due to soft open tomorrow from what I can gather on the official site

Fushunedbig.jpg

So hopefully there will be more pictures of this beast sometime soon :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Lots of concrete and dirt from the looks of those pictures. Considering what most new parks recently built in China look like, this place looks pretty awful.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Yeah it looks disappointingly ugly at the moment. The Inverted POV shows huge sections still under construction.
Seems like it will have a decent line up when it's fully open though. Depending if the custom Vekoma Launch coaster is any good.

Those POV's are truly awful which is a shame (WHO shoots in portrait for gods sake?) but hopefully they'll be better soon.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think it's the Storm Force 10 ripoff that's most disappointing. The others I've seen of these have been really well-themed (mountain etc.), which really adds to the ride, but this one looks awful.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
gavin said:
I think it's the Storm Force 10 ripoff that's most disappointing. The others I've seen of these have been really well-themed (mountain etc.), which really adds to the ride, but this one looks awful.

Agreed. The way one end of the Disko looks like it's propped up on the uneven land looks crap too.

There's a new excellent POV of the woodie on the M&V Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/MVRLLC

Looks like a really solid ride. Maybe not a top 10 woodie but a good ride none the less.