What's new

Highlights of your 2016 season

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
With 2016 pretty much in the books, I figured this topic would be appropriate now.

Park related-
*Best new cred
* Worst new cred
*Biggest surprise cred
*Worst spite
*Favorite park of the season
*Best experience
*Worst experience
*Best individual day at a park
*Worst individual day at a park
*Best trip of the season

General and other-
*Best people you met
*Best non park experience
*Favorite travel moment
*Worst travel moment
*Funniest moment
*Favorite memory
*Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related
Post pictures too if you want!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Here's mine-
*Outlaw Run
*Mean Streak (RIP)
*Batman the Ride (SFFT)
*Didn't have any this year. Yeah lucky me. The closest thing I had was 3 or 4 missed chances for Superman KC front row thanks to assigned seating. **** you Six Flags.
*Cedar Point
*Three night rides in a row on Iron Rattler including the last of the night to end my season or my first ride ever on Top Thrill Dragster
*T3's queue (had a terrible experience with some punk middle schoolers)
*First full day at Cedar Point. Absolutely surreal.
*I didn't really have any bad days, but probably Seaworld San Antonio because I felt like I spent way too much money for the ticket and parking.
*Midwest cred run (SDC, SFGAm, CP, KI, KK, HW)

General and other-
*I met a few awesome dudes at Kings Island who are also big enthusiasts whom I still stay in touch with. Also met Taylor from Coaster Studios and I'm pretty good friends with him and we stay in touch.
*National Museum of the United States Air Force in Dayton, OH. Did this on my Midwest cred trip. Being a huge aviation enthusiast also, this was absolutely incredible to see. If you're in Ohio, I HIGHLY recommend it. We also did a full day in downtown Chicago which was amazing.
* Nothing really too terrible, but on my Midwest trip, one of the guys we went with was a non enthusiast and complained a lot here and there. Never doing a massive trip like that with non enthusiasts ever again.
*Can't really think of anything
*Kind of everything combined. It was the first season in which I had been at least 18, so I was able to travel great distances and check into hotels alone (without a parent at least) so I didn't need to rely on family vacations to get creds.
*Graduating high school and flying my first solo flight (I'm on track to get my PPL in a few weeks!) are the two that immediately come to mind.

I'll post some pictures later when I'm not feeling as lazy.

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Park related-
*Best new cred - Mako and Skyrush
* Worst new cred - Ednör - L'Attaque (like.... I drove from Orlando to Montreal for a used SLC.....)
*Biggest surprise cred - Blue Streak at Conneaut Lake Park (and finally tracking it down)
*Worst spite - GaleForce a bit.... But Lightning Rod for sure! :( (....and both during the same trip)
*Favorite park of the season - Dollywood, I guess. It had been a few years since I visited and kinda forgot how much I liked the place.
*Best experience - being able to travel at all?
*Worst experience - Dorney Park sucks.... And uh, Lightning Rod being closed. And completely skipping my trip to Six Flags New England because of rain.
*Best individual day at a park - Dollywood for the entire day without rushing.... Or my split day at Conneaut Lake and Kennywood.
*Worst individual day at a park - my 45 minute stop at Dorney Park where after spending nearly $50... Rode Stinger twice and then it rained so I just left.
*Best trip of the season - I had 3 big / non-local trips this year... But my massive 18 day /// 4,000 miles trip was fantastic

General and other-
*Best people you met - N/A
*Best non park experience - going to Belize for my birthday.
*Favorite travel moment - the drive from South New Jersey to Pigeon Forge Tennessee and driving in the Smokies // the western edge of Virginia (a 700 mile drive done in half a day)
*Worst travel moment - endless traffic jams.... And paying some $150 in tolls lolol
*Funniest moment - seeing a woman walking around in her cruise ship room completely naked whth the curtains open so everybody across the way could see....
*Favorite memory - driving for hours on end just to ride mediocre roller coasters that I don't actually care about and being completely aware of that but still doing it
*Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related - not getting fired at work for being a jerk. <3

Photos
2016-06-02_03-07-01 by CanobieFan, on Flickr
Was on the second ever public train for Mako. Would have been on the first but I waited for the front row.
2016-06-16_10-58-41 by CanobieFan, on Flickr
Valravn was stupid
2016-06-30_10-46-39 by CanobieFan, on Flickr
Cobras Curse was pretty ok
2016-07-15_01-00-17 by CanobieFan, on Flickr
Phobia was pretty fun (and I was super happy to ride Boulderdash again!)
2016-07-20_05-39-16 by CanobieFan, on Flickr
GaleForce was all kinds of closed.... :(
2016-11-16_03-45-16 by CanobieFan, on Flickr
Oh, and I went to IAAPA for the first time since 2003.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Park related-
*Best new cred - Wildfire. It's amazing <3 Honourable mentions to Shambhala and Taron. What a year it has been quality-wise.
* Worst new cred - I guess the spinning coaster at Skara Sommarland. That was quite rough and ****ty.
*Biggest surprise cred - Dragon Khan probably. I heard about it being rough so often, but it was smooth, intense and loads of fun.
*Worst spite - Alpina Blitz. Still getting nightmares of it.
*Favorite park of the season - Gröna Lund
*Best experience - There are a couple. Finally being able to ride Shambhala after gooning about it for years. The excitement of riding my first RMC. And like every year, getting on Helix again along with some friends who LOVE Helix too is such a wonderful feeling.
*Worst experience - Entering Nigloland to find out that Alpina Blitz is closed all day.
*Best individual day at a park - Has got to be the day at Liseberg. Went with a fab group of Swedish friends. In the morning it was completely packed but due to one of us having friends working there we got to skip the queue on some rides. In the afternoon we went back to the appartment to rest. And then in the evening a few of us went back and had the best evening ever just running from ride to ride with everything being a walk on. Just the enthusiasm and joy in the group was so amazing. We got to do pretty much the entire park in those 3 hours.
*Worst individual day at a park - Can't think of anything that stands out.
*Best trip of the season - Both the trip to Slovenia and all the surrounding countries, and my trip to Sweden were highlights of the year.

General and other-
*Best people you met - Didn't meet too many new people this year, but I did meet a wonderful Swedish girl called Lovisa. So her <3 Also met some fab CFers.
*Best non park experience - There are quite a few from my Slovenia trip. Lake Bled, finally going to Venice, both of the Iron Maiden concerts, but there is one experience that sticks out above all others. Attending the quarter final of the Champions League between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid in Camp Nou. An experience I'll never forget.
*Favorite travel moment - One moment I remember very fondly was on the way home after the Iron Maiden concert in Trièste. The bus driver took a wrong turn in the mountains and couldn't make it through one of the hairpin turns. So he drove a couple of miles backwards on a narrow mountain road to get back to where he should've gone. It was a moment of laughter and fear at the same time.
*Worst travel moment - Almost missing my flight back home after Barcelona
*Funniest moment - The bus incident I described at "fave travel moment" is my pick for this one too. Or the powered coaster at Jesolandia. It was an 8-figure layout and went pretty slowly the first laps, and then suddenly sped up at crazy speeds which was just one of the most ridiculous coaster experiences I've had.
*Favorite memory - Has to be the football match in Barcelona and the entire ambience around it.
*Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related - Didn't accomplish anything special this year really.

Lofty

CF Legend
Best new cred - Taron. YAY!
Worst new cred - Anaconda, Walygator.
Biggest surprise cred - Lost Gravity being really fabulous.
Worst spite - Sequoia Adventure at Gardaland :(
Favourite park of the season - Phantasialand, hands down.
Best experience - ERT on Taron.
Worst experience - Having to queue 50 minutes for Thirteen because of a break down. Eughhh.
Best individual day at a park - Disneyland Paris is up here, both parks in one day and getting to spend that with some great friends!
Worst individual day at a park - I've not actually had any bad ones this year?
Best trip of the season - Ghosterforce.

Best people you met - I don't think I met many new CFers this year actually!
Best non park experience - well, this isn't non-park, but it was by far The Clinic at Walibi Holland.
Favourite travel moment - Getting off the plane in Bergamo and a driver waiting to take us to creds. YAY!
Worst travel moment - Paying nearly £60 for a taxi in Stockholm (between a few of us. UEGHHH).
Funniest moment - Me and Jake on the Booster Bike at Toverland. Unbelievably unimpressed. Or potentially Sue falling off of the spinning table in Toverland.
Favourite memory - Spending g more time with fab people at parks, doing what I enjoy.
Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related - Stepping out of my comfort zone and quitting my job. I needed to do it for ages, but it felt 'right' this year.

Will

Strata Poster
It’s not been one of my best seasons; I’ve had real life things going on and rather getting in the way, but there’s been a few stand out moments.

Best new cred: Helix. If I was only going to manage one good coaster this year, I think I made the right choice.
Worst new cred: Probably Whirlwind at Great Yarmouth or Crazy Mouse at Gulliver’s MK. Both made me feel a bit icky.
Biggest surprise cred: Can’t think of one I’ve done this year that was surprisingly good, but finally ticking off the Wheelgate cred felt like a surprise in itself! Speed Loop and Southport and Heidi at Plopsaland were also spiteful, but equally, things to look forward to next year.
Worst spite: I was informed by coastercount that there was a new cred at Barry Island. Upon arrival, after a long drive, we found this was not the case. Also, having to swerve my annual trips to EP and Towers fireworks :(
Favourite Park of the season: Liseberg
Best experience: A relaxed evening at Liseberg with my brother’s friend when we first got to Sweden. There was awesome food, a few beers, we watched the Euros in the fanzone and then rode Helix for the first time in the dark.
Worst Experience: The first one that comes into my head is setting my satnav to the wrong destionation, ‘cos I’m an idiot, meaning it took an hour longer than it should have done to get from Gulliver’s Matlock Bath to Wheelgate Park. And FISHY WATER, since I’ve decided to include Halloween attractions.
Best individual day at a park: Shockingly, I realise I’ve only had two full days at parks this year and it rained lots at Paultons, so it’ll have to be Alton for Neal’s birthday in April.
Worst individual day at a park: Alton Towers at the weekend during Scarefest. I’d ended up postponing the trip and going on a horrendously busy day. Mazes were good though. Same applies to the Halloween thing at Twinlakes actually, which was garbage, partly as a result of how busy it was.
Best trip of the season: Devon/Cornwall/Wales with Neal and Tarin in July. Our first proper road trip in years, but it felt just like the old days. Honourable mention to Screamfest in Burton on Trent; don’t think I stopped laughing all evening.

Best people you met: I accidentally ended up working in a call centre for a few months earlier in the year and met some fab people, but also one nasty little girl.
Favourite travel moment: Again, the Devon/Cornwall/Wales roadtrip, with the world’s worst car-karaoke session after buying a load of **** compilation CDs in Morissons. Outside of theme parks, my one-man Goodison Park pubcrawl was an amusing one.
Best non park experience: The Maiden gig in Gothenburg
Worst travel moment: The hangover after the Maiden gig in Gothenburg
Funniest moment: Alas, you had to be there, but the clown maze at Screamfest in Burton. Never been so close to wetting myself laughing while sober. Also, whilst brother was meeting Lewis Hamilton, I was running towards a Sky F1 presenter at Silverstone, dramatically yelling 'Oh my God, it's TED KRAVITZ!!!'
Favourite memory: Gothenburg again...
Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related: Starting to get some finance qualifications and landing some relevant work experience.

Still to come: Phantasialand Wintertraum!

Last edited:

nadroJ

CF Legend
Urgh I'm **** at these because I can barely remember what happened yesterday, let alone the rest of the year!

Park related-
*Best new cred
Taron isn't it. It's ****ing OBSCENE and I hate every moment of my life where I'm not riding it.

* Worst new cred
Dunno...as always I've ridden a lot of **** this year, but nothing sticks out as being particularly awful?

*Biggest surprise cred
Oh, Lost Gravity for sure! Absolutely LOVED it!

*Worst spite
Didn't have any spite this year in the traditional sense, but I did at one point manage to ride every operating coaster in the UK as listed by RCDB, finishing the deed in Devon. Later that week a new spiteful cred was added...in Devon.

Phantasialand, always a fantastic day.

*Best experience
I know I keep repeating myself but, Taron and Klugheim at night, running around with everybody giddy with excitement. It was incredible.

*Worst experience
Again, didn't really do anything ****? Maybe EPCOT because all the ****ing rides closed at 7PM despite the park being open til 9PM, burdenous place.

Too many to count, had loads of fab days with fab people this year!

...don't think there was one?

*Best trip of the season
Ghosterforce was really fab but also shout outs to Orlando and France.

General and other-
*Best people you met
Harry (Katya) was fab and also Howie (apologies if we've met before, just felt like this year we really got to know you and you're fab ️)

Dunno...job stuff? Blog's doing pretty well this year so that's quite fab!

*Favorite travel moment
Nothing...hilarious comes to mind? Maybe looking in the rear view mirror driving over to France with Ben and Mark crammed in the back of the Fiat haha.

*Worst travel moment
Urgh, a few. Firstly spiteful Fiat in France deciding it wanted all new tyres and brake pads NOW and insisting we take it to a French garage (thank god for Michael being there to translate!) and also getting a HUGE fine from our cred run day after Ghosterforce.

*Funniest moment
Riding with Jake on Lost Gravity. You just had to be there my stomach hurt from laughing!

*Favorite memory
Loads! Excitable goons running towards Wildfire/Taron, taking Conor to Orlando for the first time, the fabulous AshHell Penitentiary at Xtreme Scream and us ****TING ourselves...it's been a fab year

Nothing, I'm a disaster of a human theme parks are all I have that string my life together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Park related-
*Best new cred - Taron, of course. Anyone who hasn't ridden this is now officially basic as even NemesisGuy has the cred ;)
*Worst new cred - Condor @ Walibi Holland - Piece of ****
*Biggest surprise cred - Vliegende Hollander - I had no idea what to expect and it blew me away, at least the dark ride did.
*Worst spite - Los Simpson @ Holiday World Gran Canaria, apparently kids only.
*Favorite park of the season - Phantasialand :)
*Best experience - Taron ERT :)
*Worst experience - Derren Browns Ghost Train
*Best individual day at a park - Phantasialand :)
*Worst individual day at a park - No real bad days, probably Holiday World as got spited but was only there for an hour.
*Best trip of the season - Ghosterforce :)

General and other-
*Best people you met - Everyone I met at GF this year, special mention to ThomVD, Josh & Angie and JayJay
*Best non park experience - Holiday in Sweden with the family was extra great.
*Favorite travel moment - The day trip to Kolmarden to ride Wildfire on it's 2nd day of operation.
*Worst travel moment - Trying to find a ****ing petrol station in Amsterdam.
*Funniest moment - Sue falling off the carousel, or Jay stacking it outside Ling Bao
*Favorite memory - Taron ERT - Richards melt face or dying with Ben.
*Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related - My son growing up to be a caring young lad.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Park related-
*Best new cred - Der Schwur des Kärnan, Hansa Park
* Worst new cred - Insane, Gröna Lund - vile thing
*Biggest surprise cred - I went to Holiday Park pumped for Expedition GeFoce (Beste Achterbahn der Welt), expecting Sky Scream to be a filler, and actually enjoyed Sky Scream more
*Worst spite - Colossos, Heide Park :(
*Favorite park of the season - Phantasialand (obvs)
*Best experience - Shout out to Walibi Holland's halloween event, which taught me that my tolerance for horror is much higher than I think it is. Night riding Taron in the company of goons was amazing too.
*Worst experience - River Quest spiting all my Ghosterforce footage and the wasps everywhere at Kolmården
*Best individual day at a park - Ghosterforce at Phantasialand
*Worst individual day at a park - Also Ghosterforce at Phantasialand - don't drink and coast, kids :emoji_wine_glass:
*Best trip of the season - Tough choice between Germany/Denmark/Sweden and Ghosterforce. Honestly, with Liseberg and Gröna Lund, the Sweden trip practically felt like a second Euro-Live.

General and other-
*Best people you met - All the new faces at CF Lives this year (Neo and Harry especially)
*Best non park experience - Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg. GORGEOUS
*Favorite travel moment - So many. Owain's running joke of playing Left Bank Two and Spanish Flea when we got lost. Taking a train-on-a-ferry between Hamburg and Copenhagen
*Worst travel moment - Seemingly every flight I took being delayed (something something stop using budget airlines)
*Funniest moment - CF + rafts + Stone Cold = hilarity
*Favorite memory - Just take all of the things I've written up there ^^^ It's all been good this year
*Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related - God knows... Work's going alright I guess.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It seems like I haven't done much since the summer, but thinking back, I actually squeezed quite a lot in between January and September.

Parks

Best new cred

Tough one. It's between Dinoconda, Flash, Goliath (SFGAm) and Coaster Through the Clouds. I think it's going to have to be Goliath seeing as I'd been wanting to get on an RMC for ages and it didn't disappoint.

Worst new cred
A bunch of non-descript kiddy coasters, Jungle Mouse coasters and Golden Horse spinners are in there, so take your pick really. For major, non-clone coasters, it's probably that crap woodie over that crazy golf course in Wisconsin Dells.

Biggest surprise cred
Hades 360. I've heard little praise for it, but I thought it was fab. Brutal and violent, but fab. I really enjoyed Shivering Timbers as well.

Worst spite
Jungle Trailblazer in Wuhu. It looks to be the best of the bunch, but the weather was s**te, so it was closed the whole day. Not exactly spite, but the Oriental Heritage park near Ningbo opened just a couple of weeks after I was there. I'd kind of taken a gamble when booking stuff, but it's not like I showed up and it was closed at least.

Favorite park of the season

It's almost too obvious for me to go with Hong Kong Disney, but I still really enjoy the place. Their Halloween stuff always brings a bit of variety as well. I had my third visit to Chimelong Ocean Kingdom as well and really love that place.

Best experience
Probably my first ride on Pirates of the Caribbean in Shanghai. I'd avoided watching videos and looking at pictures after the initial bunch of concept images and constuction pictures. Other standouts were Flash, Dinoconda and Coaster Through the Clouds

Worst experience
Smashing my head into the back of the seat in front of me while wearing the stupid VR goggles on Superman at Six Flags America.

Best individual day at a park
Probably the first of the two days at Shanghai Disney. The place is definitely flawed, but there are some amazing attractions there and it was great to finally get to go after the years of construction. Six Flags Great America was excellent as well though

Worst individual day at a park

Six Flags America. Even taking my head-smashing out of the equation, I really didn't like the place at all. Superman is actually ok - even if they have ruined the operations with the s**ty VR - but it's otherwise full of crap and has no atmosphere whatsoever.

Best trip of the season
If we're talking about parks, then it has to be the summer USA trip, taking in Chicago, Muskegon, Milwaukeee, Wisconsin Dells, Minneapolis and Washington DC, obviously with the parks in those areas. I'd kind of started regretting it after I'd booked stuff since the parks mostly didn't look up to much, but the vast majority were a pleasant surprise. The cities themselves were all great as well, and I wouldn't have gone were it not for the parks. I'd never have considered visiting Minneapolis, for example, but I thought it was lovely.

General and other-

Best people you met

I don't think I met any new "coaster" people this year. Managed to catch up with a few people off here when I was back in the UK, but not for park stuff, and Taylor was in Hong Kong for a few days, so that was quite fab. I suppose I should include the boyfriend.

Best non park experience
The whole trip to South Africa. The safari was amazing and Cape Town is now one of my favourite cities.

Favorite travel moment
Getting in a cage to see great white sharks. We got really lucky since they hadn't been spotted for a few days, but we had three swimming around the boast for a good hour or so.

Worst travel moment
Losing a camera / having a camera nicked in South Africa. Luckily, I'd bought a new camera especially for the trip, which I used for the safari and still had later for the shark trip - havne't used it since actually - but my smaller camera, which had loads of pictures of Johannesburg, Gold Reef City and Cape Town went bye byes.

Funniest moment
I don't have a sense of humour sorry.

Favorite memory
Again, the great white shark dive. A very close second was having a pair of black rhinos appear right next to our jeep right after the ranger had just been explaining that they hadn't been spotted in the area for a couple of months.

Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related

F**k all quite frankly. I'm in the same job and living in the same place, which is fine since it's exactly where I want to be. I've been seeing the same person since March and haven't been dumped yet, so I guess that's something.

Post pictures too if you want!
I don't want. They're all in Trip Reports if anyone's bothered.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Park related-
*Best new cred: Jumping on the bandwagon with Taron. Also my favorite coaster overall. Honorable mentions go to Shambhala and Expedition GeForce, which have also made their way to my top 4
* Worst new cred: Nothing particularly awful, so I'm giving my vote to Vleermuis at Plopsaland for being so incredibly awkward and useless
*Biggest surprise cred: There was nothing that unexpectedly blew me away and made its way into my top20, so I'm just giving a mention to the crazy powered coaster in New Jesolandia and the fab Indoor Spinning Mouse in Prater (never knew a spinning mouse could be made that awesome)
*Worst spite: I don't think anything spited, that I wouldn't know of beforehand. But I did see some closed creds, namely Heidi at Plopsaland, a Portuguese park that for some reason closed for season in the middle of September, a week before I was in the area and a tiny powered coaster me and Thom found in Venice.
PS: To think of it, my worst spite wasn't actually a coaster, but the old Avio ride in Tibidabo.
*Favorite park of the season: Despite visiting Phantasialand this year, I'm going with Europa Park, since my visit brought up so many memories and the park has so much to do and so much to explore, I love it.
*Best experience: I don't know... Taron?
*Worst experience: A ride-op on Black Mamba (Phantasialand) telling me off the ride after some people took my seat when I went to leave my bag in the storage shelf thingy. I guess it was this that put a sour feel on my Phantasialand day and probably the reason why it isn't my favorite park anymore...
*Best individual day at a park: Easily Europa Park day <3
*Worst individual day at a park: Probably the day I've spent in Plopsaland. It was really hot and I didn't have motivation to do or ride anything, once I've ticked off all the worthwhile stuff. Their staggered ride openings were just an insult to the injury.
*Best trip of the season: Coaster-wise, it was the trip to Germany and Belgium in September. Otherwise, I really liked all of this year's trips (family trip to Catalonia, trip to Portugal with dad and also the time Thom cam around for a visit and we went to Vienna, Venice, etc.)

General and other-
*Best people you met: I don't think anybody stands out in particular. I feel I'm constantly meeting new fab people at uni. but other than that I'd struggle to list anyone in particular. Well, I do have to mention Tom(atron) and his girlfriend that I've met up with for a few hours in Walibi Belgium. You guys were fab and I'm looking forward to seeing you again in the future, plus hopefully I will finally start meeting more CFers.
*Best non park experience: The whole trip to Portugal was really nice, since I really like the country and a lot of people speak English there. The Iron Maiden concert in Trieste was also pretty amazing and a good choice for the first big concert I've attended. And the venue of that was just <3
*Favorite travel moment:
One moment I remember very fondly was on the way home after the Iron Maiden concert in Trièste. The bus driver took a wrong turn in the mountains and couldn't make it through one of the hairpin turns. So he drove a couple of miles backwards on a narrow mountain road to get back to where he should've gone. It was a moment of laughter and fear at the same time.
Yeah, this was a proper LOL moment. I think it was more a case of blindly following the SatNav, rather than actually taking a wrong turn. Don't forget he managed to lose his way on the way to the venue too, which resulted in arriving some 30 minutes later than planned.
*Worst travel moment: Hmm, getting on the last full day in Portugal, which resulted in me spending most of the day laying in bed, rather than going places...
*Funniest moment:
The bus incident I described at "fave travel moment" is my pick for this one too. Or the powered coaster at Jesolandia. It was an 8-figure layout and went pretty slowly the first laps, and then suddenly sped up at crazy speeds which was just one of the most ridiculous coaster experiences I've had.
That coaster was just bonkers, loved it and couldn't stop laughing my ass off for most of the ride.
*Favorite memory: Nothing in particular comes to mind
*Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related: Again, I don't think I've accomplished much of worth this year...

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Park related-
Best new cred: Rougarou. I've never been to Cedar Point and this was the first B&M floorless coaster I've ridden. It's filled with some elements I've never felt on a coaster.
Worst new cred: Riding Mean Streak for the first time. The ride itself is okay, but it's :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing painful. My neck hurt for almost the whole night. And sleeping on the ground doesn't help with that at all.
Biggest surprise cred: Gatekeeper. That first drop is really surprising. Something I've never experienced.
Worst spite: Wicked Twister wasn't as exciting as I thought it'd be. Launch, twist up, rollback, launch, twist up, rollback... get's boring after a while.
Favorite park of the season: Kings Island. Can't wait to ride Mystic Timbers next year.
Best experience: Millennium Force.
Worst experience: Mean Streak.
Best day at a park: I'd say Cedar Point but I like Kings Island too much.
Worst day at a park: Probably Cedar Point. TTD was closed pretty much all day. And then there were the lines that prevented me from riding a lot of the coasters.
Best trip of the season: Are we talking about trips with other CFers?

General and other-
Best people you met: I've never met anyone here in real life, and I'd really like to as well. But all the people who actually acknowlegedged my presence and (respectfully) corrected me when I was wrong are the people I enjoy talking with. That's really the #1 reason why I enjoy the CF community more than the TPR community. TPR is incredibly rude and shut down a post I made before anyone commented on it. And they told me to find the thread I needed in a very disrespectful manner.
Best non-park experience: Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire at Union Terminal/Cincinnati Museum Centere. Lots of creativity. Can't wait for 2017!
Best travel moment: Talking about the coasters me and the younger scouts in my BSA troop were going to ride when we all got to Cedar Point.
Worst travel moment: Having to wait almost an hour for one of the younger scouts in my troop to come out of the bathroom at a Columbus BP station.
Funniest moment: The photo of one of the younger scouts in the troop when we got on Millennium Force. He had ducked in both tunnels because he read somewhere that when they were testing the ride, all the test dummies heads came off that the beginning of the last tunnel. Which is complete bull:emoji_zipper_mouth: by the way. I'm sure Cedar Point is smart enough to know how tall someone is to prevent that stuff from happening.
Favorite moment: There's so many to list, it'd be longer than most of the posts here.
Biggest accomplishment that's not park/travel related: Surviving the first half of 9th grade.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Park related
Best new cred - Storm Chaser
Worst new cred - T3
Biggest surprise cred - Lightning Run, what a ride!
Worst spite - Lightning Rod during my Bachelor Party AND Leap the Dips at Lakemont Park after a sudden rain storm
Favorite park of the season - Cedar Point
Best experience - Mean Streak Memorial Service - best way to retire a ride!
Worst experience - That damn Lightning Rod
Best individual day at a park - Rode all coasters at Cedar Point in 3 1/2 hours without fast lane
Worst individual day at a park - There's no such thing as a bad day at an amusement park
Best trip of the season - Kings Island & Kentucky Kingdom

General and other
Best people you met - Joey's friend Erich
Best non park experience - Getting married!
Favorite travel moment - Honeymoon to Lake Placid, NY
Worst travel moment - Almost having my wife detained by American immigration
Funniest moment - Almost having my wife detained by American immigration
Favorite memory - Kayaking on Lake Champlain during our Honeymoon
Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related - Getting married, buying a house, and helping the City of Columbus win a $50 million grant!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Park related-
*Best new cred- Mako, Smiler then Olympia Looping
* Worst new cred- Turbo (Brighton Pier) urgh, had been putting it off for years!
*Biggest surprise cred- Flight of the Pterosaur/Freedom Flyer (new style lap bar restraints and the kick at the end of FotP, just better than expected) (Biggest negative surprise aka letdown would be Seven Dwarves Mine Train)
*Worst spite- Magma at Paultons meet! haha
*Favorite park of the season- BGT, also finally got back to Alton after 8 years haha
*Best experience- First B&M hyper experience, going for back row Colossus with Attackhammer at the meet after everyone moaned about how rough it is also comes to mind as a specific funny/good experience
*Worst experience- can't think of much, maybe rain at Adventure Island
*Best individual day at a park- BGT? All have been good days.
*Worst individual day at a park- None were bad but maybe the rain at Adventure Island again?
*Best trip of the season- Florida, obviously!

General and other-
*Best people you met- Paultons and Thorpe meets
*Best non park experience- Not sure
*Favorite travel moment- Florida
*Worst travel moment- Not sure
*Funniest moment- Something at Paultons or Thorpe meet no doubt
*Favorite memory- Florida in general
*Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related- did an interesting job I suppose

Last edited:

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Park related-
*Best new cred
Wildfire @ Kolmarden

* Worst new cred
Insane @ Grona Lund

*Biggest surprise cred
Jetline @ Grona Lund

*Worst spite
I can’t think of any. I’ve been quite lucky this season

Europa Park

*Best experience
Getting my first RMC

*Worst experience
The moment when Insane dropped whilst I was already hanging upside down

My first day at Europa Park finishing with a stay in the Colloseo Hotel

It wasn’t a bad day as such but Bakken was probably the worst park I visited…complete dump!

*Best trip of the season
Florida

General and other-
*Best people you met
Any Cfers that I hadn’t met previously I guess

Going to Miami….we only had a couple of hours there but it was amazing. The sea was so clear and warm and it was just fabb!

*Favorite travel moment
Again Miami…..also honorable mention to the drive into Kolmarden, stunning scenery!

*Worst travel moment
Nothing stands out….the flight home from Orlando maybe, just because I hate trying to sleep on a plane

*Funniest moment
Two spring to mind…..Left Bank Two in the car in Sweden, and also on the Gulliver’s trip the moment Ali found out that Dave Morton isn’t an actual lord

*Favorite memory
There’s a few so I’m just gonna list them cause why not :D
The night out after Blackpool
Having a meal on the lake in Tivoli on my birthday and drinking hot drinks wrapped up in a blanket, so cosy!
EGF Front row in the rain…..it was amazing and awful at the same time
The whole Gulliver’s weekend was just brilliant
Stockholm at 3am….Sue and I decided not to book a hotel for the night as we had a 6am flight…crazy and a bit surreal
Finally getting to Halloween Horror Nights….even if I was shattered and it didn’t quite live up to my expectations, I’m glad I can say I’ve done it and it was great to experience it with a fellow Cfer (Peep)
Epcot Food and Wine….heaven!

Buying a house

Thank you to everyone who was part of another amazing season for me :)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I've been to exactly 2 different parks, so this will be quite boring:

Park related-
*Best new cred: The Monster. Also worth mentioning Justice League.
* Worst new cred: Dragon
*Biggest surprise cred: Outlaw
*Worst spite: I didn't have any
*Favorite park of the season: SFGAm, but I did enjoy Adventureland
*Best experience: Either a 17x marathon of Monster into the night, or a really neat night ride on Goliath(row 11, left seat = golden seat)
*Worst experience: Waiting 30 minutes for my family to order food before I could get my own(which is why I like going alone)
*Best individual day at a park: The day my school rented out SFGAm. The longest wait of the day was a 2 train wait for Whizzer.
*Worst individual day at a park: Idk, some day at SFGAm when it was raining all day.
*Best trip of the season: Iowa Trip by default

General and other-
*Best people you met: Taylor from Coaster Studios, Steve from SFGAmWorld, and Jonny, another local enthusiast.
*Best non park experience: Visiting Iowa State University.
*Favorite travel moment: Seeing the Chicago Skyline at night for the first time(it's beautiful)
*Worst travel moment: 6. Hours. Of. Corn.
*Funniest moment: Discovering the amount of knock-off stuff is at Adventureland
*Favorite memory: Being the first AND last public trains of the season on Goliath.
*Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related: Visiting my current Top pick for College.

Not too interesting, but it's something.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Olaf

Mega Poster
Well the answers for me would be:
- Taron
- Cobra Lost Kingdom
- Desert Race
- I opted not to ride the XXL at the best fair in the Netherlands this year
- Phantasialand
- Taron's second launch
- Taron's queue after they took of 2 trains
- Phantasialand the only day I went
- Heide park the only day I went (Colossos was closed)
- Germany trip

- didn't meet any new people
- biggest fairground in the Netherlands
- we stopped at a small fair during a trip with a capriolo, ****ing love those things
- ****ing traffic jams
- a dude in single riders line asked for the empty front seat and didn't get it bc filled back to front, then I got it even though there were still other empty seats.
- the whole Germany trip
- I just learned the solo to crazy train on guitar

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

davidm

Strata Poster
Park related-
*Best new cred : Wildfire... honourable mentions for Lightning Rod, Karnan, Balder, Helix, Mako (I've not had a bad year!)
*Worst new cred : kiddy ride at Georgia National Fair that I can't even remember the name of - Dragon maybe? Wasn't just a useless kiddy ride, it was bad/painful with it too.
*Biggest surprise cred : +5 at Georgia National Fair which I didn't even know was a thing until I drove past it.
*Worst spite : Taron. Stupid stupid Taron.
*Favourite park of the season : Phantasialand
*Best experience : That nice long walk through the Swedish woods, topped off with an hour of playing on that there Wildfire.
*Worst experience : Helix breaking down (for the rest of the day) after only a couple of rides
*Best individual day at a park : Phantasialand (despite the Taron spite)
*Worst individual day at a park : Belantis in the rain
*Best trip of the season : Germany/NL in early summer - (a little less basic than the recent one ending up in Orlando)

General and other-
*Best people you met : people are the worst, tolerable at a push...
*Best non park experience : View from the top of the Smoky Mountains was nice
*Favourite travel moment : Driving thru the Smoky Mountains National Park was rather pleasant
*Worst travel moment : Diverting 2 days around Hurricane Matthew
*Funniest moment : Any of the times Sue fell over
*Favourite memory : Yeah 2016 has been such a good year for memorable things hasn't it.
*Biggest accomplishment not theme park/travel related : Still managing to pretend to be irreplaceable to my employer, they might catch on at some point...
Post pictures too if you want! : Like Gavin says; if you want pics, read the ****ing TRs ;)