What's new

Hersheypark | Laff Trakk | Maurer Söhne Spinning Coaster

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Are we sure they won't sticker them or something? They look a tad bland, yes, but I could easily see some bright green swirlies (swirlies is a word now) stickered onto it. If not it is indoors so you won't see much of the trains.

I do, however, wonder if that color glows under blacklight because I know the ride is being done in blacklight like Verbolten. It doesn't look like it would but if they aren't stickering it that would be my guess.

Intricks

Strata Poster
The inside of the building looks fab as ****. Like, give me some hard hitting beats during this and this will be the single best ride experience.

11025908_10153191965019357_1086583570902693855_o.jpg

11018138_10153191964449357_8916776598060167644_o.jpg

11041897_10153191964949357_2378623026329233206_o.jpg

10911284_10153191964984357_2584450476325219354_o.jpg

Hershey really has gone all out for this ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
The outer shell looks great but the lack of brightly coloured theming on the interior isn't the best of ideas. If they had painted some of the head choppers and closer supports brighter colours, or patterned, it would have vastly improved this type of design.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Those images are great, Intricks. With a good soundtrack and sexy lighting, it will be a enjoyable, solid, fun ride. Still finding it tough to dry hump my iPad over it though.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This seems rather good, actually. Seeing as the decorations all are painted(?) on fabric hung up on the walls, this might also be somewhat easy to temporarily re-theme for events? I mean, swapping out the sheets for something like Halloween, or just spriting it up after a year or two?

Either way, with some flashing lights and smoke machines and those brightly coloured decorations, it can be quite a disorienting ride. It'll be great for what it is, and probably offer a better experience than most other spinners out there.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Remember that this will be lit by black lights to help all those neons POP with vibrancy.

Ian, I just realized I forgot to post that those were provided by the park. My b ^-^'''''

I was at work and every quick second would copy over an image url and posted it without checking everything. I feel lame now over missing that :(

Gazza

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
The outer shell looks great but the lack of brightly coloured theming on the interior isn't the best of ideas. If they had painted some of the head choppers and closer supports brighter colours, or patterned, it would have vastly improved this type of design.
If you check the POV there's lots of pass through cut outs/rings along the track and in the middle of the ride building.

I don't think the cars will have decals. The POV just shows them as having UV coating so they'll be electric purple.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
It still upsets me that they took a ride type capable of trick track and themed it to a fun house and didn't get trick track...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I received an email from a friend in Germany who works for Maurer Söhne asking if I can make it to Hersheypark over the next two weeks to have a beer or two and catch up since we last saw each other at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk in 2013. He does all the final programming and testing before handing the coaster over to the park for state inspections, etc. So the coaster is definitely in the final construction stages and should be opening on schedule over Memorial Day weekend.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Fixed* Too many friends from Germany working on coasters here in the USA right now. :lol:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Sorry for triple posting, but we have a POV!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rucaOGOk-yI[/youtube]

Am I becoming the "Official Coaster Force POV Poster" or something? :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Yes, it's a good rank title to have ;)

It looks quite good. It reminds a bit of that spinner at Kennywood. I think they could have included more mirrors. Imagine going through a kaleidoscope chamber or a regular rectangular tunnel with your image repeated all around. That would have been fab.

Ketchup

Mega Poster
Went on this 2 days ago.

It's a decent family coaster and was the only ride in the park with a queue over 5 minutes. It was ok but the layout was considerably worse than Spinball and the fact you could see the track kind of made the enclosed aspect a bit pointless. I went on it once and then rode Skyrush, Fahrenheit and Storm Runner multiple times instead!