Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hersheypark | Chocolatetown | 2019/2020 Park Expansion

Discussion in 'Park Construction' started by Antinos, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Hyde

Hyde I Lied About My Age! Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Matt N likes this.
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Me likey.
    This place has been on the bucket list for a while now, but was waiting for their next big coaster before making any concrete plans. Boom - job done! That is literally my big 2020 trip sorted. :)

3. Youngster Joey

Youngster Joey Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    If you're serious let me know when you're heading out. Hershey is a long but reasonable day trip for me.

That said this seems like a wonderful announcement. While i wish we had all the information i think it's a pretty brilliant move to trickle out the information every few months. Keeps us invested in what's going on and talking about the park for the next year and change.

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    I am serious young Sir, and I sure will. :)
    The New England - Pennsylvania cred run is one I've had mapped out in my head for ages now, this is the perfect excuse to put it into action. Of course, that could all change if Dollywood or Kings Island pull a giga out of their ass in the same year, but for now at least Hershey is as good as confirmed.

Youngster Joey likes this.
  5. Crazycoaster

Crazycoaster Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    The thing is, nobody can argue against the fact that a B&M Hypercoaster provides a FAR different experience to an Intamin Hyper, let alone Skyrush. The only tall part of Skyrush is the lift hill, the rest is low to the ground. The B&M is going to absolutely dominate the skyline. The general public are really not going to care that the park has two "hypercoasters" (let alone know what that means). And they certainly arn't going to turn around and say "man that was basically the same thing as Skyrush, what a bad investment for the park this was". A park could have two different B&M hypercoasters and I'd still ride both and be happy with them tbh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the video, as they're showing off the fountain, and you first see the train pass, as it zooms past you, it's not even anywhere near the track.

Intamin to Win, Matt N and vaugc002 like this.
  6. Cranedude

Cranedude Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Spite-ning Rod
    Best Park:
    Dollywood
    Heh heh.

7. EpochEmu

EpochEmu Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Intimidator 305
    Best Park:
    BGW
    Now your minuscule post are even more dwarfed, this time by your massive signature. And, site your image sources.
    Back on topic.. I really like the look of that turnaround, and I've realized what it reminds me of... the RMC Raptors! Except this one has outward banking?! That's surprising from B&M!

Pokemaniac, Youngster Joey and Ethan like this.
  8. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Colossos (HP)
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    I love how it says "my quotes" like he's promoting his personal brand.

And yeah, ATI, even if we didn't have confirmation that it's not a hyper, that layout just wouldn't be a giga.

EpochEmu likes this.
  9. b&mfanboy123

b&mfanboy123 Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Fury 325
    Best Park:
    BGW
    Coaster Count:
    That is due to the fact since Japan is in an Earthprime area, they needed to use heavier steel, skyrocketing the overall price

Matt N likes this.
  10. Antinos

Antinos Slut for Spinners Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Dollywood
    Coaster Count:
    Heavier steel? There's no such thing. No matter which alloy, steel has a density of 0.284 lb/in^3. Does Steel Dragon 2000 have more supports than it would in a different region? I'd imagine so - it has quite a dense support structure. Do all of the components have a thicker wall thickness? I would not be surprised at all. By heavier, you mean there's just more steel.

vaugc002 and Matt N like this.
  11. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Ah right, thanks guys!

vaugc002 likes this.
  12. bob_3_

bob_3_ Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis
    Yeah agreed, they're both different experiences.

Skyrush I even put in a different sub-catagory from most hypers. It's actually a really bizzare ride the more I think about it. It's got that "intamin figure 8" layout they were fixated on for a while without a launch (Rita, formula rossa fall into this). Those unique trains. The height of the elements compared to the rest of the ride. How short the actual ride is! It's design focus is very different from a B&M hyper. Just because it's over 200ft and has no inversions doesn't mean they deliver similar rides at all.

Matt N likes this.
  13. Pear

Pear Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Those that have been to this park know that Skyrush is also not very dominating on the skyline as it is in a pit and barely visible from the parking lot. This coaster will definitely be big and imposing on guests which should be great.

I hope the ops are nice enough to let people ride with 2 clicks on the restraints. Doing that every time on Mako made the ride so much better.

Intamin to Win likes this.
  14. Crazycoaster

Crazycoaster Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    Does the restraint not just close further at the bottom of the drops? Does that mean you spend the ride keeping the restraint away from you?

15. Pear

Pear Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Yeah you have to hold the restraint up but it's worth it for the crazy airtime you get. I rode both Mako and Apollo's Chariot with 2 click retraints and I was standing on every airtime moment.

EpochEmu likes this.
  16. CrashCoaster

CrashCoaster Formerly ATI CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    PortAventura Park
    Here is an awesome NL2 recreation of the coaster by AmusementInsider (not to be confused with Amusement Insiders), and is the most accurate one I've seen yet:-

Onride POV starts at 1:03.

EDIT:- I've just realized that the "back" portion of the out and back coaster is actually behind/to the left side of the "out" portion of the coster, so the hammerhead turn on this coaster is virtually identical to Mako's, just a mirror image.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Matt N likes this.
  17. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Did having the restraint loose really affect the ride that much? Because I seem to remember Mako being sublime even with a tighter restraint, although I did admittedly last ride it 2 years ago.

Out of interest, do you guys reckon that non-enthusiast visitors to the park will prefer this to Skyrush, as from what I can tell, Skyrush is a ride that enthusiasts definitely seem to like more than non-enthusiasts? Or am I completely wrong?

18. Hyde

Hyde I Lied About My Age! Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Silver Dollar City
    Coaster Count:
    Even in our dream renderings, this B&M hyper is still trimmed.

Hixee, DelPiero, Benenen and 2 others like this.
  19. b&mfanboy123

b&mfanboy123 Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Fury 325
    Best Park:
    BGW
    Coaster Count:
    PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS FOR THAT AIRTIME WE LOST

tomahawk likes this.
  20. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    I'm sure we won't lose much, if any, airtime at all; I couldn't even notice Mako's trim when I rode it! Also, the trim didn't look to shave off much speed, if any speed at all in that rendering, so I'm sure that hill will still have awesome airtime!

Also, that rendering portrays the ride as having no MCBR and a Swarm-style brake run, which is interesting, in my opinion, as B&M hypers normally have an MCBR.
    P.S. I am aware that the rendering is fan-made.