What's new

Hershey Triple Tower - Three S&S Drop Towers for 2017

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Re: Hersheypark teaser for 2017

Sounds like a shot tower with multiple seating options ala Apocalypse.

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, agreed.

Which is actually quite fab, I'm looking forward to seeing what it is.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Hershey Triple Tower
3 S&S drop towers
80ft
131ft
189ft

Smallest 2 are shot towers, largest is a "combo", which allows for both shot and drop. Drop is faster than free fall, so should have some decent airtime.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Very interesting. I'm genuinely surprised they didn't go with Intamin for this. But this should be a nice fit to their lineup.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Wtf, that has to be one of the weirdest moves in theme park history...
I find it hard to believe that it will pay off to buy 3 of these.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

up-viewT.png

down-view.png

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Interesting they're doing it as three, free-standing towers, rather than a combo tower.

Quite like the theming actually.

Ben

CF Legend

That's really **** weird.

People are playing Pokemon, Robot Wars is on tele, there's a Clinton running for President and now people are building S&S Towers.

Welcome to 1997 people.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Hyde said:
Interesting they're doing it as three, free-standing towers, rather than a combo tower.

Quite like the theming actually.
Because they're 3 different heights?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Well yes, let me restate: Interesting they are going with three multi-height S&S Towers.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

I think it's a great addition. Basically caters for everyone - thrilling family ride, beginners thrill and full thrill. Pretty cool. And it looks like they're using the new S&S cars - do they spin like a gyro tower? Can they?

Hutch

Strata Poster

Yeah I like it. S&S is an interesting choice but the theming looks great!

peep

CF Legend

Am I missing something? What theming? Are we talking about the little tacky chocolate promos at the top of each tower?

I can't say I'm too excited about this addition but I think some shot/drop towers will fill a decent gap in their overall ride lineup. A little confused as to why they've gone for S&S ones.

Lofty

CF Legend

I think the whole brand of these towers is just cheap and doesn't work whatsoever? I understand the promotion of their chocolate brands, but to implement those to a ride such as this that has absolutely no relevance to the product is a bit beyond me? It's not even as though the separate chocolate products are 'sponsoring' the towers themselves -that would also make sense, but these are literally themed to chocolate bars? It's a bit bizarre of an investment, both in terms of the hardware (using S&S) and also in terms of thematically.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

It seems that a fair few American enthusiasts see any old s**te as "good theming" since most of their parks have none at all once you take Disney and Universal out of the equation.

Those towers look f**king horrible.

Gazza

Giga Poster

To be honest I was hoping for an Intamin Skyjump, but meh.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster

Lofty said:
I think the whole brand of these towers is just cheap and doesn't work whatsoever? I understand the promotion of their chocolate brands, but to implement those to a ride such as this that has absolutely no relevance to the product is a bit beyond me? It's not even as though the separate chocolate products are 'sponsoring' the towers themselves -that would also make sense, but these are literally themed to chocolate bars? It's a bit bizarre of an investment, both in terms of the hardware (using S&S) and also in terms of thematically.

The kissing tower has no relevance to the product beyond the shape of the windows. Is that any different? It's no different as having a park logo at the top of the tower. And plus it corresponds with their ticket system, with the different height restriction system - so the kisses tower is aimed at guests that come under the Kisses height (36" and above), Reeses tower aimed at guests that come under the Reeses height (42" and above) and Hershey's tower aimed at guests that come under the Hershey height (48" and above).