What's new

Heide Park Colossos retracking (2019)

Pear

Strata Poster
Seems like the ride has gotten some new trains as well

abb1453fdaffed520bddfe775506cc46.png

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh wow; this whole project with the theming looks fab! Combine that with the fact that Colossos already was a world class woodie and Heide are onto a winner here!

Peet

Giga Poster
For those who have visited Heide Park - is the tree dude anywhere near any public areas? The Wicker Man dude is in a great location as a viewing point for non riders and usually attracts a crowd. Seems you'll only really see it for the split second you ride through it.
Yep you'll see him/it easily from the path near the ride exit, and the queue line; expect lots of photos when the park opens!

Seems like the ride has gotten some new trains as well

abb1453fdaffed520bddfe775506cc46.png
I believe they are the same ones just refurbished, looks like a good improvement though from what you can see there.

cookie

Giga Poster
For those who have visited Heide Park - is the tree dude anywhere near any public areas? The Wicker Man dude is in a great location as a viewing point for non riders and usually attracts a crowd. Seems you'll only really see it for the split second you ride through it.
It's the last hill before the final turnaround so it should be in easy public view unless they closed that area off for some reason.

Ethan

Strata Poster
God it looks pretty pathetic with no photoshop or effects turned on. The railing thing is kinda clever, but the logical way to do it, not sure how convincing it'll be onride.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-9_11-30-47.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-9_11-30-47.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 57

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Heide-Park-World.de have another detailed updated of the construction site.
https://www.heide-park-world.de/de/...-colossos-2-0-baustellenupdate-special-teil-3
IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

At the beginning of the 2016 season, the wooden roller coaster Colossos was given a new theme. For this purpose, bamboo plants were planted in the lower waiting area, which have now grown to considerable height. After crossing the jungle area, the visitor encounters the giant logo introduced for the 2016 season. As a reminder of Colossos 1.0, it was half buried here. In addition, new lamps have been installed for the future illumination of the waiting area. From outside, the station building was rethemed. Here, the visitor should be given the impression that the station has also fallen victim to the flames. To achieve this, the wood has been repainted to look like charred and glowing logs.
IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

Only a few days ago the track was completed. From the dismantling of the old rails to the completion of the retracking ten months have passed. A total of three kilometers of rail were laid during this time. At some points in the layout, some girders were also replaced.
The first and last car from train 1 are currently being used for the "pull through" in which they are pulled or pushed along entire route centimetre by centimetre. It is checked that the train has enough distance between it and the rest of the construction. The positions of the Trimbrakes are also checked for their correct position. Furthermore, the rail is checked for compliance with the correct gauge. The train is provided with a clearance gauge, which represents the maximum range of motion of the passenger. Within the clearance gauge, there must be no supports or objects with which the visitor can collide while riding (with top speeds of up to 110 km / h).
IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

Monstrously he sits enthroned over the last camelback of the train. For about 2 million euros the giant was erected as a novelty. It is equipped with numerous effects such as Fire, fog, audio and more. Thus, during the ride and the spectators on the Colossos terrace can see this real eye-catcher.
IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

oriolat2

Giga Poster
They've also mentioned effects inside the giant, wich makes me curious.
I bet by effects they mean mist with some red lights to look like you are being thrown into flames.

To be honest, I am just happy they are reopening this beast, and hopefully this time they will have fixed track jolts at the bottom of the hills that made the ride REALLY uncomfortable, bouncy and headache-inducing.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'd love to ride Colossos again now it should be smooth. But if I'm honest, this isn't an addition that's going to draw me back to that park, considering it's not really a new coaster and it should have never needed to be closed in the first place.

I do like that new entrance tbh.

kai phillips

Roller Poster
I'd love to ride Colossos again now it should be smooth. But if I'm honest, this isn't an addition that's going to draw me back to that park, considering it's not really a new coaster and it should have never needed to be closed in the first place.

I do like that new entrance tbh.
but its your number 1 coaster, arent you longing to ride it

Ethan

Strata Poster
but its your number 1 coaster, arent you longing to ride it
No it just means everything else I've been on is ****.
EDIT- Feel as though I should probably add that I just cba to update my "best coaster" since Colossos was my favourite. I do rate Colossos highly, but Heide Park is meh and Colossos isn't quite good enough to pull me back on it's own

Last edited:

kai phillips

Roller Poster
No it just means everything else I've been on is :emoji_poop:.
EDIT- Feel as though I should probably add that I just cba to update my "best coaster" since Colossos was my favourite. I do rate Colossos highly, but Heide Park is meh and Colossos isn't quite good enough to pull me back on it's own
whats the whole top 10 out of interest