What's new

Heide Park Colossos retracking (2019)

GZeitung

Roller Poster
Not sure if the new name extension is such a great idea. However, it is good that the legend will be reopened.

Lofty

CF Legend
Not sure if the new name extension is such a great idea. However, it is good that the legend will be reopened.
The name is still Colossos. The 'Fight of the Giants' is merely a tagline to signify a change has been made and to match the new theme of the ride.

kai phillips

Roller Poster
upload_2019-2-6_22-9-17.png
The majority of this is nothing new, a dark entity was awoken under the earth and its caused the fight of the giants, the fire is unexplained but I speculate its something along the lines of burning the wood of the tree structure and the coasters as apart of the fight.

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
I'm guessing this new theme is to tie Heide Park to Alton Towers, kind of like how Oblivion: The Black Hole is related to Oblivion and Nemesis Inferno is related to Nemesis.

kai phillips

Roller Poster
I'm guessing this new theme is to tie Heide Park to Alton Towers, kind of like how Oblivion: The Black Hole is related to Oblivion and Nemesis Inferno is related to Nemesis.
well it's not called Wickerman: fight of the giants so i would say probably not.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Funny thing is, given the fire motif, Wicker Man Inferno probably would have worked if they really wanted to go down that route.

Thank goodness they didn't though

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I thought that was definitely just non-enthusiast rumours and here was little actual backing to it, especially the Nemesis one.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
They should have named it "Adversary" instead of "Nemesis Inferno". That would have been clever, and it would have avoided the whole "comparing it to Nemesis" issue.

kai phillips

Roller Poster
They should have named it "Adversary" instead of "Nemesis Inferno". That would have been clever, and it would have avoided the whole "comparing it to Nemesis" issue.
I'm not even going to lie, I would rank it higher with that name, it does put me off that it compares itself to the legend.

cookie

Giga Poster
I'm just glad the ride is coming back in operation, and hopefully a lot smoother than it was when I visited in April 2016. The state it was in then was honestly kinda shocking.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm just glad the ride is coming back in operation, and hopefully a lot smoother than it was when I visited in April 2016. The state it was in then was honestly kinda shocking.

Really? I was also there in April 2016 (just think - we may have actually met! :) ), and I thought it was running perfectly fine. Had lots of rides on the thing over a 2 day period and didn't have any issues with roughness, was able to marathon it with no problems.
But yeah, like you said, it'll be nice to just have it operating again. Great ride!

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Really? I was also there in April 2016
:eek:Me three.
I found it was the wheel seats specifically that made it 'less favourable' to ride (the airtime was great, but the helix of doom was pretty dire). Was trying to avoid them, but the efficient German locals kept batching me into those rows to save time and I never said no.

cookie

Giga Poster
Really? I was also there in April 2016 (just think - we may have actually met! :) ), and I thought it was running perfectly fine. Had lots of rides on the thing over a 2 day period and didn't have any issues with roughness, was able to marathon it with no problems.
But yeah, like you said, it'll be nice to just have it operating again. Great ride!
It was April 16th. The coaster was jackhammering like mad whenever it was picking up any speed, especially during the helix of doom. I rode Balder less than a month later and it was glass smooth in comparison.

kai phillips

Roller Poster
I remember it being rough in 2016 but I still felt like my stomach was being ripped out from me with airtime so it'll be interesting how great it is smooth.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Pretty neat:

9554562d1550167284-2019-neuheit-wiedereroeffnung-colossos-komplettes-retracking-heide-park-cd503fb5-c942-41dc-8472-e808afff493e.jpg

Source: https://www.coasterfriends.de/forum...ssos-komplettes-retracking-heide-park-28.html