What's new

Have you or someone you know personally suffered injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoasttoCoast

Roller Poster
750e66f704662ec19ebede7ba4138c23.jpg

Hello guys n dolls, I'm trying to gauge how many people have suffered injuries having been on this Flight Deck Coaster in Canada's Wonderland? I appreciate any feedback, so far the majority of the reviews and feedback in the comments on videos that I have watched appears that the majority of people have suffered either concussion, neck and/or back injuries with the worst report of a blackout due to pain sustained from a back injury caused by the rough ride on just turn one!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yes... I’ve got two bruised ears, a sore neck, pain in my shoulders, and a never ending headache....

...I’ve never ridden it though, that’s just from looking at the thing.

It’s a Vekoma SLC, they’re notoriously rough coasters. However I think you will find ‘most’ people are greatly exaggerating any injury or pain they have suffered, it’s just a rough coaster is all. Greyouts / blackouts are quite normal on all thrill rides, when the rider does not know they are susceptible to them. SLC’s do tend to be very intense, so even more likely to cause greyout / blackout. Sorry but I very much doubt that an SLC, as rough as they are, and as much as I hate them, would cause any real long lasting damage to a person that was 100% healthy before they rode it.

Nussimo

Roller Poster
I have a friend who cut his hand in phantasialand on colorado, because he raised his hands and stood up after the 2 drop in the dark. After that he could talk 1hour with the security guards. But nothing serious happend afterwards.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Why does this thread feel like it was made by a second-rate lawyer, trying to gather anecdotal evidence for their client who wants compensation for their terrible day at Canada's Wonderland?
Pretty much has to be... Or there’s even a very slim chance the OP is actually a CW fanboy hoping to persuade the park to remove FD and replace it with a ground up rmc giga coaster ???

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
appears that the majority of people have suffered either concussion, neck and/or back injuries with the worst report of a blackout

Lmao. No. Injuries like these don't happen even on the roughest of coasters. If people are in the YouTube comments claiming so, they're almost certainly grossly exaggerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.