What's new

Hardest final brake run slam?

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
Arrows have pretty harsh stops, Gemini especially. I’ll give a nod to The Legend at Holiday World as that ride slams into the breaks.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Hades 360 by far. It grabs it so hard you can feel the trains trying to flip forward and hear the upstops keeping it from doing so. And honestly, it's awesome, one of the best parts of an amazing coaster.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Ravine Flyer II was pretty harsh last I rode it. SDL at Hershey can be up there as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
Blue Streak at Cedar Point from what I can think of off the top of my head. I don't brace often for brakes and I certainly do in that brake run.

Also, going back, Son of Beast had a horrific brake run, on all trains. You weren't exactly flying but they always brought the train to a complete stop.

Matt N

CF Legend
Shockwave at Drayton. Such a heavy slam plus the stand up restraints make your legs buckle if the saddle is too low.
After visiting Drayton today, I officially second this. You can even feel the force of the brakes stopping the train vibrating the station platform; it's quite amusing, actually!

Ireeb

Mega Poster
The old one of Eurosat.
Ah yes, the Franz-Mack-Remembrance-Brake. From a ride comfort viewpoint it's good that it's gone, from a historic standpoint it's kinda sad. I would have liked if they found an in-between, still abrupt but not as abrupt as before. I'm curious how the brake will be in the new Eurosat, since they use magnetic brakes.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
Raptor's final brake run can be quite traumatic for the uninitiated - really hauls in there, especially snapping off of the final turn.
Couldn't agree more! I have ridden that ride countless times and the first ride each year takes me by surprise. You'd think I'd remember (or at least anticipate it) after ridding it for the last 24 years.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
Steeplechase at Blackpool has a violent grab just as you pass the queue staircases. Since taking up mountain biking and knowing how to brace myself and absorb impacts, I've found it a lot better!