What's new

Happy Valley Chongqing | Soaring Wings | B&M Wing Coaster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Remember the lime green B&M track seen at the factory a while back?
It has finally shown up and gone vertical at the new under construction Happy Valley park in Chongqing
The park is also due to get a GCI wooden coaster which has wood on site already but no vertical construction
Chonwing1.jpg
Chonwing2.jpg
For an artists impression of the layout look closely here
chong1.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
The turnaround from the MCBR looks really interesting - quite excited to see how it turns out.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The GCI has gone vertical. Looks like it will use the terrain well

ChongCI1.jpg
I assume this chap is reading the Ikea style instruction manual on coaster construction.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
MuziFulun has posted these two pictures of the new B&M wing coaster at Chongqing Happy Valley. While its good to see progress on what appears to be an huge airtime hill as the second element he has perhaps gone a bit overboard on the photo shop sky
1f642.png
:)
Edit2.jpg

Edit1.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Or maybe they're just using transparent track and supports? ;)

An airtime hill is great! I love the small one on Flug Der Damonen (and I enjoyed the small-ish one on Wild Eagle, so it's cool to see a large one!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Such a strange way to start the ride, but I like it.
Yeah, I think it looks really cool. Interesting to see on the concept art it's showing a loop next, followed by a low level turn into a big corkscrew? It's hard to make out for sure, but I'm curious about the low level corner.

Come to mention it, it looks like it's got some funky looking turnaround after the MCBR (if that's what that is). Intriguing... :D

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, I think it looks really cool. Interesting to see on the concept art it's showing a loop next, followed by a low level turn into a big corkscrew? It's hard to make out for sure, but I'm curious about the low level corner.

Come to mention it, it looks like it's got some funky looking turnaround after the MCBR (if that's what that is). Intriguing... :D
Yeah, this looks like they're really trying different elements for it?

Also, the head chopper from the catwalk on the right-hand side of the train will be amazing on that airtime hill.

Temleh

Mega Poster
Gatekeeper has an airtime-less hill, so this one will also probably be airtime-less...

Have you even ridden Gatekeeper? It does offer a little bit of floater.

I'm liking the look of this Wing Coaster, it should provide some diversity despite the standard first drop.

CoasterEv

Roller Poster
Nice to see them changing up the element orders in the layouts. Looks like there will be some great airtime going over this hill.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Is that actually a Vekoma Family Boomerang because to me it looks like a Vekoma Mine Train with the new track style. If you look carefully on the left of the photo at the back, the two lift hills meet, which looks to me to be a continuous circuit coaster? I know I may be wrong, but it's just what it looks like.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Thats a good eye. I just assumed because its what we are expecting.

Now you mention it i suspect its actually a Golden Horse Mine Train with their new track system.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The picture with the mist is gorgeous. However, if anyone finds themselves at the park when it's looking like that, nothing will be open.