What's new

Happy Valley Chengdu | Western Regions Heaven | B&M Dive Coaster

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Really curious to see how the final layout will be. Straight drop after the lift already makes it stand out compared to 90% of the B&M Dive Coasters!

<3 Colours indeed.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think it looks a bit crap actually...

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, that's looks ****. I can't help but think Gravity Group would've worked wonders with the same footprint in comparison.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yeah, not massively impressed from the POV. Looking like the weakest Chinese woodie by quite a way.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I was starting to warm up to GCI with Mystic Timbers getting so much praise and then this happens. Seems quite disappointing considering the sheer size of the coaster :(

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Source: Coastervideos dot com

Backseat chest-mounted camera feels decidedly faster and more exciting! I'm not entirely convinced by the layout, but the drops look exciting and there are some good sections under the wooden structure.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
That GCI looks like American Thunder's bigger cousin, same airtime and violence levels but on a much larger ride. Gotta agree, doesn't look like anything that special but I haven't ridden it so it could be awesome. Still looks better than the dive machine in terms of ride experience but the colors on it are beautiful!

Jarrett

LOL. Ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I definitely agree that GG or RMC would have come up with something better given the same limitations, but to me pretty much any modern wooden coaster is going to be better than a dive machine.

I will admit the DM looks like one of B&M's more creative takes on the concept, though. I like the interaction between the two rides, kind of reminds me of that spot where Blue Fire and Wodan interlock.

Sneaky

Roller Poster
I think the GCI will at least provide a healthier ride experience than the Dive Coaster currently would. :p

I like the look of both rides; the bright colors of the B&M and the beautiful structure of the GCI. :)

Lofty

CF Legend
I absolutely disagree and the mentality of it being a modern woody and therefore a good ride is absolutely idiotic. GCI, in reality, primarily offer pretty mediocre to good ride experiences.

Jarrett

Personally to me, the wooden coasters being built now are my favorite, even if this doesn't seem to be one of the best of them. But rides like Lightning Rod, Renegade, Mystic Timbers, and Voyage have been kind of the "phase" I'm in as an enthusiast, so seeing another one go up is always a welcome sight. There's not been much wood built lately that I personally didn't really, really enjoy, and the trend seems to be that the newer a coaster is, the higher chances are I'll like it. There are wooden coasters I've enjoyed all over the timeline though, from 100 year-old Wild One to Raven and other CCIs of the 90s to New For 2017 Mystic Timbers.

Now I've gotten meh and even offensive rides on GCI's coasters before I'll admit, but aside from Apocalypse the ones I find lame tend to be the earlier of their projects.

Just how I see it and honestly, for the park it probably won't make much of a difference as long as they take care of it and don't let it turn into a mess that everyone finds too rough and stops riding.

I honestly don't see why it's so hard to just talk about opinions on a roller coaster without being rude, snarky, or condescending. :(

Lofty

CF Legend
Personally to me, the wooden coasters being built now are my favorite, even if this doesn't seem to be one of the best of them. But rides like Lightning Rod, Renegade, Mystic Timbers, and Voyage have been kind of the "phase" I'm in as an enthusiast, so seeing another one go up is always a welcome sight. There's not been much wood built lately that I personally didn't really, really enjoy, and the trend seems to be that the newer a coaster is, the higher chances are I'll like it. There are wooden coasters I've enjoyed all over the timeline though, from 100 year-old Wild One to Raven and other CCIs of the 90s to New For 2017 Mystic Timbers.

Now I've gotten meh and even offensive rides on GCI's coasters before I'll admit, but aside from Apocalypse the ones I find lame tend to be the earlier of their projects.

Just how I see it and honestly, for the park it probably won't make much of a difference as long as they take care of it and don't let it turn into a mess that everyone finds too rough and stops riding.

I honestly don't see why it's so hard to just talk about opinions on a roller coaster without being rude, snarky, or condescending. :(

None of that what I wrote was any of the above, Jarrett. It was me stating my opinion - you're reading into it and, again, victimising yourself.