What's new

Happy Valley Beijing | Music Roller Coaster | B&M Hyper Coaster

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ah, those FB embed things don't work on Tapatalk for me, so I missed them.
Fair enough then. I will embed them so they can be seen by all:-
50306173_2022566387778526_6452891171977953280_o.jpg

50449638_2022566411111857_1682299498266624000_o.jpg

50299895_2022566401111858_4829932337737236480_o.jpg

There only appears to be two trains, a red one and a yellow one, which makes sense considering it doesn't have a mid-course brake run (although there are exceptions, such as Banshee and the B&M Giga's). And I would guess 7-row trains based on the number of cars seen there, and the length of the splashdown.

Matt N

CF Legend
B&M seem to be making 7 rows with this style of train standard across their hypers now as opposed to the v-shaped trains; Mako and the Hershey hyper have it this way, so I don't see why Music Roller Coaster wouldn't.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Hard for me to get excited by this. It'll probably be a solid ride for what it is, but unless those elements are taken at a good speed, I can't see it being much more than an intermediate-thrill style coaster.

Peet

Giga Poster
After 128 days of unremitting efforts, at 9:00 am on March 4, 2019, with the completion of the final tender track installation, the Beijing Happy Valley Phase 5 Music Roller Coaster successfully completed the track closing operation, which means that the main structure of the music roller coaster was installed. Enter the power system and control system to close the installation phase. Yang Lubing, the general commander of the Beijing Happy Valley Phase V Project and the deputy general manager of the company, attended the ceremony. Walter Threadgill, the supervision engineer of the equipment manufacturer BM, the engineering department, the equipment department and the relevant personnel of the participating units participated in the event.
The music roller coaster, costing hundreds of millions, is the first music roller coaster in the Happy Valley system. It is tailor-made by world-renowned roller coaster manufacturer BM. It is 1200 meters long and spans the two theme areas of Shangri-La and Lost Maya. Nearly 50 meters, the running time is about 2 minutes. Different from the general mountain bike, the music roller coaster has its own back to the side of the seat back. During the running process, visitors will experience the unique stimulation of flipping, weightlessness, inversion and centrifugation in the wonderful music. As the country's first music roller coaster, both technical level and investment strength make it a well-deserved treasure of the town.
After the track is closed, our follow-up tasks are still arduous. We still need to make persistent efforts to complete the installation, commissioning and testing of the power system and control system with quality and quantity to ensure that the equipment will be officially opened to the public in June 2019, bringing new roller coaster to tourists. Dynamic experience.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=Mj...GyWenQK1NxTSW3v5Y6iWDiwjCfzr-rMxttt6FC8Qbc#rd

So it sounds like it is just under 50m (164 ft) tall and won't be opening until June.

smile73775smile

Roller Poster

It is just a small hyper coaster as Hollywood Dream the Ride does.
The estimate trial open time is the end of June.

However, if your schedule to China is before that, Hefei Sunac Park(Soaring with Dragon), Shanghai Haichang Ocean Park(Dolphin Coaster) are wiser options.

Peet

Giga Poster
However, if your schedule to China is before that, Hefei Sunac Park(Soaring with Dragon), Shanghai Haichang Ocean Park(Dolphin Coaster) are wiser options.
Thanks for the tips! We are staying in Beijing (initially) and doing mostly non-coaster activities so will be going to Happy Valley Beijing anyway.

I'm assuming you run the Roller Coaster Dream Twitter page? Either that or you have stolen their logo! If so thanks for all the updates on this coaster construction.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just booked the last weekend in June (Monday off, so got a long weekend) for Beijing, so taking a bit of a gamble that this will be open by then. It'll be no huge disaster if not since I've still got three creds at that park to pick up, plus a bunch of others around the city. I'll no doubt be back in a couple of years for Universal as well.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I want to see video footage of the meetings in which these coaster names are agreed. I really do not understand.

Lofty

CF Legend
I think it's named "Himalayan Eagle" and the definition is 'Music Roller Coaster', which makes total sense. If it is in fact called "Himalayan Eagle Music" that does not make sense but I would love to listen to the music of the Himalayan Eagle ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nope, that's the name. It's a direct translation from the Chinese. "Roller Coaster" is included in a lot of the names.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Putting it in the name helps the silly lot to understand what they're actually riding. Like the old folks who sat down on a woodie without knowing and then got talked out of it by ride staff. ;)

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Perhaps why the reason that these Asian coasters have such "bizarre" names to us English-speakers, is because the names are typically not intended for English translations. Most likely these names sound very normal to Asian parkgoers - kind of like how the coaster names of Goliath, Raven, Wild Eagle, etc. don't sound peculiar to us.