What's new

Hansa Park | Kärnan | Gerstlauer Hyper Coaster

Darren B

Giga Poster
Re: Hansa Park | Kärnan | Unknown hyper coaster

It does look more Gerstlauer to me, and the trains look suspiciously like those on Karacho. I'm betting though if this is a Gerstlauer it'll be pretty damn good! I don't have any time for their Inverting coasters, but their other concepts arn't bad, I even have their new Bobsled Coaster (Rattenmuhle) in my top 10, so much airtime!

nadroJ

CF Legend

Holy **** this is amazing! So does this mean the Hansa Park trip is postponed?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ I'm unsure now. Was thinking of going in late 2014 but now I'm tempted to postpone a CF-Live in northern Germany until 2015. I'll mull it over.

But anyway, back to the coaster in question...

Lofty

CF Legend

Nemesis Inferno said:
>State that a B&M would be a waste of money.
>Suggests Maurer as a possible manufacturer.

Mega-Lite please... Intamin or Mack version... That'll do...

You tried to be sarcastic over another post and fall flat when you say "Meg-Lite please". How's it a 'Lite' when it's a Hyper?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

I've checked a few other enthusiast sites based in Germany and they are all leaning towards Gerst as well. As everyone here has said, the concept art indicates G trains, and Karacho has had good reviews but they are 2 row trains, the 4 rows of Smiler are encountering roughness towards the back (this may be to do with the installation rather than the trains themselves), so they must be confident that they can expand the Karacho trains without encountering the same issues.

Straw clutching - With already having a Eurofighter as their signature ride, is a Infinity Hyper enough variety for the park?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Lofty said:
Nemesis Inferno said:

Mega-Lite please... Intamin or Mack version... That'll do...

You tried to be sarcastic over another post and fall flat when you say "Meg-Lite please". How's it a 'Lite' when it's a Hyper?

Because that was my personal preference for the ride type before the official full on press release? Regardless of it being a Hyper coaster, indeed, surely a Hyper version of a Mega-Lite would be something to be excessively excited for?

It's a better suggestion than a Maurer Hyper that's for certain...

Lofty

CF Legend

A Hyper version of a Mega-Lite being a Hyper coaster? - that was my point…

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster

Not sure a Gerstlauer would be a good idea. They rattle about enough already!

Cant see much point if its not an Intamin, Mack or B&M.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

insanecoastervids said:
No matter who the manufacturer is it will be great.

Fingers crossed for Soquet or Pinfari.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Hansa Park | Kärnan | Unknown hyper coaster

Considering 2015 is when I am trying to head to Germany, this is great news. Year and a half construction is quite some time, I'm interested to see how much is land clearing and theming.

What is the terrain like at Hansa and are other rides heavily themed? Google can only do so much.

GeForce

Roller Poster

Ian said:
I've run this through Google translate but also sent a copy to EGC who might be able to understand the German better than Google can.
Maybe I can help you translating since I´m german.

I think the coaster has to be something special because right now there is really not much that makes the park worth visiting from an enthusiast pov. It will probably be a Gerstlauer maybe a Vekoma,although the picture looks different. I don´t see them spending 25m on a big name coaster. Like stated before they had good experiences with Gerstlauer so it´s really not unlikely that Hansa will call Gerst again, especially with Gerstlauer beeing considerably cheaper than B&M and Intamin. Mack is unlikely aswell in my opinion, why would you built a second Megacoaster in Germany and make Blue Fire one of two instead of keeping it unique in Germany ?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
_koppen said:
I also read that. If the number is really true I really pray that B&M is not involved, it would be such a waste with money to pay that much for something so dull.

I also remember that Maurer released the newly redesigned x-train not so long ago, and they are calling it a hyper coaster train. Just throwing it in there. http://www.coastersworld.fr/images/reportages/maurer2013/1.jpg

Yeah, nice try.

A B&M for €25 million would be a waste of money, unless some miracle is happening.
I never suggested I would like to see Maurer build the ride, I posted a link to their newly released hyper coaster train.

GeForce said:
Mack is unlikely aswell in my opinion, why would you built a second Megacoaster in Germany and make Blue Fire one of two instead of keeping it unique in Germany ?

Why would Mack not be possible, just because Europa Park installed Blue Fire?
Surely Mack would not let Europa Park stop them from selling a ride, don't you agree?

Example: Roland Mack, the boss at Europa Park, said they would never sell a copy of Blue Fire, and now there are 3 copy's of it being installed world wide. If somebody want's it, Mack is going to sell it.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

The email Ian sent me didn't have the newsletter attached, but I think the Google translation got the point across and other than the image, doesn't contain any info that I put in my first post.
As for Mack rides and blue fire Megacoaster - I'm having a hard time understanding the argument.
GeForce said:
Mack is unlikely aswell in my opinion, why would you built a second Megacoaster in Germany and make Blue Fire one of two instead of keeping it unique in Germany ?
blue fire Megacoaster isn't a hyper, making that point invalid. Silver Star is Europa Park's hyper coaster.

andrus

Giga Poster

I don't get the Blue Fire argument either. Europa Park is a showcase of rides that Mack wants to sell. Why spend millions on designing a new coaster model and then not selling it to customers? Plus it's not like Europa and Hansa Park are competing. One park is situated as far north as you can come in Germany and the other is situated as far south as you can go, a good 8 hours drive apart.

GeForce

Roller Poster

ECG said:
As for Mack rides and blue fire Megacoaster - I'm having a hard time understanding the argument.
GeForce said:
blue fire Megacoaster isn't a hyper, making that point invalid. Silver Star is Europa Park's hyper coaster.

Okay the thought process behind the argument was that Mack would keep Blue Fire unique in Germany,leading to more people coming into the park to ride it,even from the north of Germany. I´m not saying it´s impossible that Mack builds it, my thinking was that Mack/EP would pride themselves with having the only Megacoaster (i know it´s not a hyper it´s just the way Mack calls those types of Coasters on their homepage) in Germany. So why supply Hansa with a bigger, faster, taller version of it(possibly a launched hyper), losing that uniqueness and possible customers ? It might be a bit far fetched but it that was my point against Mack.

andrus said:
I don't get the Blue Fire argument either. Europa Park is a showcase of rides that Mack wants to sell. Why spend millions on designing a new coaster model and then not selling it to customers? Plus it's not like Europa and Hansa Park are competing. One park is situated as far north as you can come in Germany and the other is situated as far south as you can go, a good 8 hours drive apart.
Why aren´t they competing ? Sure they are not close to each other but don´t you think they want people to spend their holidays in/around their park regardless of their location ?

_koppen

Hyper Poster

GeForce said:
Okay the thought process behind the argument was that Mack would keep Blue Fire unique in Germany,leading to more people coming into the park to ride it,even from the north of Germany. I´m not saying it´s impossible that Mack builds it, my thinking was that Mack/EP would pride themselves with having the only Megacoaster (i know it´s not a hyper it´s just the way Mack calls those types of Coasters on their homepage) in Germany. So why supply Hansa with a bigger, faster, taller version of it(possibly a launched hyper), losing that uniqueness and possible customers ? It might be a bit far fetched but it that was my point against Mack.

I definitely understand they way you think, but you need to understand that Mack and Europa Park are two different companies, that are owned by the same family.

Europa Park has really no say in what rides Mack can and can not sell. The only thing that would stop them would be if an exclusive deal had been signed between the two, something that isn't very likely.

Mack Rides don't really care if the ride at Europa Park is unique in the country or not. Maybe some of the family members care, but I doubt they would go through any lengths to prevent it.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I'm rooting for a B&M. I can't really judge whether I like an intamin or B&M hyper more yet, since I've only ridden one each, but I've ridden one of the least popular B&M hypers and one of the most popular Intamin hypers and I prefer B&M.

I really don't want Gerstlauer.

Lofty

CF Legend

Can I just say; if it is a Gerstlauer Hyper, I genuinely would be pretty happy. When it comes to Gerstlauer, their airtime is pretty spot on and only second to Intamin, so, why would a Gerstlauer hyper be a bad thing?

Darren B

Giga Poster

Lofty said:
Can I just say; if it is a Gerstlauer Hyper, I genuinely would be pretty happy. When it comes to Gerstlauer, their airtime is pretty spot on and only second to Intamin, so, why would a Gerstlauer hyper be a bad thing?

You've hit the nail on the head.

Everyone bitches and moans about their Eurofighter coasters, including me, but you're talking about a ride type that uses multiple inversions, inversions that really don't hit the spot for most people, and can in many instances become painful. The Gerstlauers that offer airtime are well received by enthusiasts and I expect Karnan (if it's a Gerstlauer) to be a cracking ride!