What's new

Hansa Park | Kärnan | Gerstlauer Hyper Coaster

Hutch

Strata Poster
I guess that first hill thing does seem to be a non-inverting type maneuver. Eager to see more of the layout as I can't really tell exactly what's going on in that concept art.

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't be the only one that thinks this is ugly as ****?
11154856_1586556271582868_2249642523867296243_o.jpg

Especially this...
11154688_1586555571582938_8622519347056912061_o.jpg

Just awful.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It does seem rather excessive. My only thought is that in this picture it sort of looks like it's going over that cone shaped building. Maybe there is stuff in the way underneath forcing it to be like that? That's what I'm hoping, because it looks pretty crap.

Lofty said:
Especially this...
11154688_1586555571582938_8622519347056912061_o.jpg

Intricks

Strata Poster
The supports look deeper in the photo background than the building, but their could be a different building in the way there that they cant build through.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Intricks said:
Well....I have no clue why the structure is so ovee the top now.
Yeah, looks like there's nothing but track under that mess.

354126d1431535636-2015-neuheit-der-schwur-des-kaernan-hypercoaster-gerstlauer-hansa-park-image.jpg

It makes it look more imposing, I guess, but it really is excessive, haha. I just want this thing to be finished; I won't be riding it any time soon but I'm interested to see other people's reviews for sure.

andrus

Giga Poster
This has to be one of the ugliest coasters opening up in recent years! :shock:

Oh well, it doeas look rather interesting layout wise :) If they're finished in reasonable time I might get the chance to go there and try it out! Don't know when this coaster is expected to open though? But seems like the track work is almost done by now at least :)

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I really like the funkiness of the layout and how it appears to be fairly low to ground after the heart element. Although, I'm curious to see what type of forces the heart element will provide. I guess there could be some good airtime, but I'm a little sceptical due to its shaping

I'm really looking forward to seeing the trains.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Sweet inversions and very massive supporting structures. Something that would make RCT proud.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I like it's excessive and OTT support structure but really the layout looks awesome.
If I could get to Europe for next year this would be on the hit list for sure. Any vague idea when it's opening? I heard 2016 floated around somewhere but it does seem nearly finished?

S

SimonSays99

The official opening is still announced "during 2015 season, with theming 2016".

At the moment they tease for the arrival of the first train during the next two weeks.

Source: http://www.kärnan.de/de/

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
Could the support structure be so expansive because it is gonna hold up theming? Sounds logical but then again maybe not?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Hyde said:
Sweet inversions

They do look like inversions at a glance but this coaster will have none. I would love to see a hypercoaster with lap bars one day that mixes airtime with inversions.