What's new

Hansa Park | Highlander | Funtime Gyro Drop Tower

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Agree with a high capacity flat, maybe a big gyro swing to replace the stupid bell ride or something.

It’s also important to note that when speaking to the owners at the CF live they referred to Karnan as a FAMILY roller coaster. Maybe they’ll get another family roller coaster like a Kingda Ka clone or something. Don’t want anything too thrilling.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Maybe that will give people enough reason to conclude, that "family" is a really pointless attribute for a coaster which can mean absolutely nothing and absolutely everything.

Pear

Strata Poster
Could this be related to the trademark "Roanoke" that they filed years ago? It's listed here in the same class as Karnan.

339948d1427056272-201x-neuheit-roanoke-hansa-park-1014783_344353285754728_5916901526634708475_o.jpg

Source

A heavily themed dark ride would work wonders at this park!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Could this be related to the trademark "Roanoke" that they filed years ago? It's listed here in the same class as Karnan.

339948d1427056272-201x-neuheit-roanoke-hansa-park-1014783_344353285754728_5916901526634708475_o.jpg

Source

A heavily themed dark ride would work wonders at this park!
Had no idea they had Roanoke trademarked! If they’re referring to Roanoke as in the lost coastal American colony, that would be the perfect foundation for a ride backstory at this park!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
A woodie somewhere between Wickerman and Wodan would round the parks coaster portfolio out nicely - looking at ariel photos they could about fit one in if they moved the odd thing or two and included out and back sections.

I don't know if RMC do 'medium' size coasters - all their installations seem to be quite substantial - but a small, tight RMC could be quite interesting!

I did read a rumour or comment a while ago that they'd like an inverted coaster, but that can be anything from a family Vekoma to a B&M, Have Gerstlaur ever done an inverted coaster? maybe they'll have a go, and use Hansa as a testing ground?

I really don't think it will necessarily be a Gerstlaur though (if it is a coaster) - even Disney have stepped away from Vekoma of late!

Ethan

Strata Poster
They had to give up a good flat-ride in Torre del Mar (their Starflyer) for Kärnan, and they could need a good higher capacity flatride in general. Maybe an updated version of the Gerstlauer Skyroller? That would certainly fit the place and be a worthy replacement of their Starflyer.

They already have a Sky Fly, so I don't see it happening.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
i could definitely see a star flyer, however, i think it's gonna be some crazy good drop tower with some killer theming (because... hansa)

Pear

Strata Poster
^ they used to have a Star Flyer, Karnan is roughly where it was.

I believe it's where the SkyFly currently sits. The park had to remove it because it was deemed unsafe as after Karnan was built they essentially had a wind tunnel at the top of the Starflyer and the seats swung out too far.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Are the wind issues they're having with the Star Flyer simply as a result of the Karnan tower, or are there high winds off the lake that would badly affect any tall structure?

peep

CF Legend
I think they're hyping it up too much to not be a significant investment. Hoping for a dark ride as it feels like the only thing the park is really missing.