What's new

Guizhou Science and Technology Valley | China | 2017

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
If you are going to go for a Science Fiction theme you might as well go all out. This is the quite ridiculously themed Guizhou Science and Technology Valley.

The park while mostly being motion simulator style attractions is expected to have an indoor coaster. However it will feature VR headsets. Everyone loves those right?
1f61b.png

The park is due to open before the end of the year.

These pictures were taken in August but are the best I've found that show of the ridiculous scale of some of the buildings.

Sci1.jpeg Sci2.jpeg Sci3.jpeg Sci4.jpeg Sci5.jpeg Sci6.jpeg Sci7.jpeg Sci8.jpeg Sci9.jpeg Sci10.jpeg Sci11.jpeg Sci12.jpeg

Lofty

CF Legend
Can't help but feel this is going to have the 'Epcot' or 'Tomorrowland' effect and feel out of date within a couple of years.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
That big mecha, though... In the fourth and sixth pictures, you can see that that turbine-thing on its shoulder is as large as the construction office behind it. It will be quite a landmark, if nothing else.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Can that giant fighter plane actually be seen anywhere inside the park, or only from up in the air? Seems like a pointless addition to the top of a building...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I believe the park does in fact have a coaster. Although you wear VR onboard and it's indoors.
The ride is housed within the building that looks like some kind of Sci-Fi Shuttle. Although i cant spot it on the pics. Could be the one with the fighter on top.

VR Valley1.JPG

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Oooh, I hadn't bothered clicking through the various links on their website. Might have to go sooner rather than later, when everything invariably starts to turn to s**t and the VR doesn't work. How many space-themed simulators I can manage in one day without wanting to kill myself remains to be seen.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
How many space-themed simulators I can manage in one day without wanting to kill myself remains to be seen.
Indeed - I think the novelty would wear off after the second one...