"Green Lantern" B&M Stand Up for SFGAdv

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Pics of everything, not just a crappy paint job. :roll:

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Ya its not just coming off there though its chipping to reveal rust in other spots too!

2011_05_19_IMG_0859%20copy.jpg

IloveSixFlags

Roller Poster
Xpress said:
Pics of crappy paint job?
All u guys gotta calm down.....its a ride. NOT A CAR!

U guys can't say its a crappy paint job when they just built a 100ft tall rollercoaster, im new to this site and if this is how you guys act towards a new ride, lower your expectations. In case you haven't noticed, building steel rollercoasters isn't a walk in the park. Their were already setbacks because of our weather this winter, like i said, GIVE THEM A BREAK! They worked there ass's off building a rollercoaster while you guys were on your computer saying how cool it's gonna be and now you rip on it?
Lower your expectations.

Nuff said. :shock:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ A very valid point, but it is still important to bear in mind the quirkiness with which Six Flags went about trying to repaint Green Lantern from its former yellow color scheme as Chang.

No one has complained against the roller coaster or its construction - everyone agrees this is one of the best stand-up roller coasters on the planet. Where the fault lies is how Six Flags went about repainting the ride, which to this point has seemed completely sporadic and unplanned. Paint should not be chipping away this quickly.

kir

Hyper Poster
I'm gutted that this wasn't at SFGAdv when I went last year. But then I did get to ride that iconic trash GASM just a few weeks before it closed so I guess you win some, you lose some. It looks like a great coaster and I have a real soft spot for stand up rides... even though I've only been on a few! If I ever return to New York I'll definitely hit SFGAdv again so I look forward to meeting this beast one year! :)

Snoo

The Legend
IloveSixFlags said:
Xpress said:
Pics of crappy paint job?
All u guys gotta calm down.....its a ride. NOT A CAR!

U guys can't say its a crappy paint job when they just built a 100ft tall rollercoaster, im new to this site and if this is how you guys act towards a new ride, lower your expectations. In case you haven't noticed, building steel rollercoasters isn't a walk in the park. Their were already setbacks because of our weather this winter, like i said, GIVE THEM A BREAK! They worked there ass's off building a rollercoaster while you guys were on your computer saying how cool it's gonna be and now you rip on it?
Lower your expectations.

Nuff said. :shock:

As Hyde pointed out.. Six Flags has a tendency to mishandle rides.. where stupid things that shouldn't be happening.. happening on a frequent basis.. like chipping paint as soon as the ride is open to the public. I'm pretty sure they COULD have sprung a few dollars to blast the old paint off and repaint the ride.. as they aren't even paying what they could have been paying for a brand new ride this size.

And.. tbh.. I'm not going to give them a break. They are supposed to be a world class amusement park. I let a lot of things go but something VERY easy to get around like this is just stupid.

But.. at the end of the day.. the ride is still good.. and I did enjoy riding it at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom and I'm sure people will enjoy it at Great Adventure.

suryavl

Roller Poster
Rode it on the 19th. It's one of the better stand ups, but it's still a model I don't enjoy. The standing up doesn't add much, except loading and unloading time, and any rough spots get amplified :(