w8erbahn

Roller Poster
Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, my thought was that they'd just have levels inside the support and could then turn the ladders [nearly] however they liked. I bet it's pretty spicy being inside one when a train goes past!

Torpaalle

Roller Poster
I hope it has the wests. So there is no risk for headbanging. The only invert I have ridden is Black Mamba, and that one gives me some serius headbanging...

Christian

Hyper Poster
I hope it has the wests. So there is no risk for headbanging. The only invert I have ridden is Black Mamba, and that one gives me some serius headbanging...

I think Black Mamba has to be a exception. That thing is brutal! Batman clones and older inverts are extremely smooth. But I agree with you, I would rather take the vests just to not risk headbanging and be able to see your mates when you ride.

Nito

Roller Poster

I found a way to prevent headbanging, even on the roughest rides *cough SLC*.

On any ride with OTSR's I sit up straight and lean with my chest all the way into the restraints.
Then I wrap my arms around the restraints and I grab with one hand, the wrist of the other hand. It locks you into a deathgrip and you can reeeeaaaally take a punch then.
After locking yourself in, just try to see if you can move left to right into the seat. Now try that again with just holding the handles of the restraints. You will notice there is a big difference.

I'm not a very tall person myself, so most people should be able to do this.
On some rides it can be quite heavy on the arms, though. But I prefer a little muscle soreness over a headache anytime.

It's sad that we have to find ways to make things more rideable, but it is what it is :)

Hope this helps!

Torpaalle

Roller Poster
I think Black Mamba has to be a exception. That thing is brutal! Batman clones and older inverts are extremely smooth. But I agree with you, I would rather take the vests just to not risk headbanging and be able to see your mates when you ride.
Yes. The new vest on Valkyria do not lock and gives more freedom and view. So I prefer the new vest over the old otsr.