What's new

Gröna Lund | Ikaros | Intamin Sky Jump

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Gröna Lund is adding a 95m/312ft Intamin Sky Jump in between the funhouse and Jetline. It reaches 56mph and should open in 2017.

12933103_10153442390820667_594812712347050677_n.jpg

f6hqovkrkczhivvey4kz.jpg

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNS7MSd9ddc[/youtubevid]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNS7MSd9ddc

Basically it's a modified of Falcon's Fury that only drops passengers down one of its sides. These Scandinavian city parks and their tower rides!

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Great to see another Sky Jump, and in Europe nonetheless!
Apparently it will - not surprisingly - be squeezed in on a bridge between Lustiga Huset and Jetline.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Interesting how they've gone for a box section version instead of the tubular drop towers that Intamin usually use. Are we sure this isn't a modified version of an existing tower? Don't they have a shot tower there already?

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ The shot tower is clearly visible in the background of that artwork photo. It'd be weird to include it if they'd plan to remove it...

Ben

CF Legend
As if they didn't have enough tower rides already xD

What is it with Sweden and each park just having loads of drop towers.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Intamin have a rendering of this beast!
I really hope we will see the relocation of the S&S tower, the 2nd generation tower or both to other parks in the concern!

image_2656.jpeg

Source

nadroJ

CF Legend
Honestly I think these are fab for people like me who don't love drop towers. I'm excited <3

RyanB19

Roller Poster
Consider FrittFall as 2 different experiences, stand up and sit down, the shot tower, the mini kids drop tower and you have 4 drop tower experiences already, I know the park is limited spacewise but the choice of another drop tower is really confusing, 4 is enough as it is, 5 is overkill! :lol: Picked up a magazine, translated it very very poorly but it has some information about Ikaros, not sure if it can be found online but it is made by the company parks and resorts Scandinavia and says Parks - sommarmagasin ar 2016 on the front if any of you want to look for it. picked it up heading out of Kolmarden.

Lofty

CF Legend
To be fair though, this doesn't 'feel' like a drop tower and in honesty, the free fall section comes second to the whole 'facing the floor high up' experience.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yep. The tilt at the top is very WTF?, but the actual drop is pretty crap; an old-school, regular Intamin tower has a much better drop in my opinion, but yeah they've got one already.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
@NeoXIII posted on Twitter that this has been denied or something...any sources?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The building permit has been denied due to complaints by two residents on grounds that the provincial government did not have sufficient data regarding the impact the sound of the new attraction would make on the environment. The park has appealed and will continue construction in anticipation of overturning the decision.
I imagine this something they can easily have done well before the scheduled opening date of April 2017, which the park is sticking to in spite of the court's decision.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
April 29th is the opening date.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
For some reason this looks more insane than Falcon's Fury. I know they are similar in height but the fact that this one is shoe-horned between so many rides and has this huge 8-people gondolas make it look even more intimidating. I can't wait to return to Gröna Lund.

BTW, if I was in charge of PR at that park I would get Guiness to crown the park "the place with most tower rides in the world" xD

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
For some reason this looks more insane than Falcon's Fury. I know they are similar in height but the fact that this one is shoe-horned between so many rides and has this huge 8-people gondolas make it look even more intimidating. I can't wait to return to Gröna Lund.

BTW, if I was in charge of PR at that park I would get Guiness to crown the park "the place with most tower rides in the world" xD
I think it's also the way that it bounces when returning to vertical orientation. Falcon's Fury is more controlled IIRC.

Ben

CF Legend
That looks ****ing gross. I think it's how it's just over loads of creds it makes it look even more huge.