Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
And tomorrow has arrived!
http://parksandresorts.com/snake-ar-grona-lunds-nya-varstingak/
Snake.jpg

Snake är Gröna Lunds nya värstingåk

Gröna Lund får en helt ny attraktion till 2019.

Gröna Lund får en helt ny attraktion till 2019. Och det blir inte vilken attraktion som helst. Till premiären i april kommer nya värstingåket, Snake, att snurra sina gäster 40 meter upp i luften i 80 km/h och utsätta dem för 4,3 G-krafter. Men de modiga får passa på. Attraktionen är tillfällig och kommer bara att finnas på Gröna Lund under 2019.

Snake blir tivolits mest intensiva åktur hittills och passar de gäster som inte viker ner sig för snurr, höjd eller fart. Snake tar nämligen sina gäster på en rejäl åktur 40 meter upp i luften, sittandes i en gondol längst ut på en pendelarm. Man kommer att färdas i 80 km/h och utsättas för upp till 4,3 G-krafter. Attraktionstypen kallas för Chaos Pendle, där gondolen man sitter i snurrar fritt kring sin egen axel (likt gondolerna på Gröna Lunds attraktion Insane), vilket innebär att varje åktur blir olik den andra beroende på viktfördelningen på de man åker med. Låter det här som en åktur man inte vill missa får man passa på. Snake är nämligen bara på besök på Gröna Lund under säsongen 2019. Attraktionen placeras som en tillfällig åktur på det område där Gröna Lund nu förbereder för att bygga nästa stora berg- och dalbana med premiär 2021.

Snake - the new, mean attraction at Gröna Lund
Gröna Lund receives an entirely new attraction in 2019

Gröna Lund receives an entirely new attraction in 2019. And not just any attraction. Premiering in April, the new meanest-of-them-all attraction will spin its riders 40 meters into the air at 80 km/h, exposing them to 4.3 G. But thrillseekers have to pay attention. The attraction is temporary, and will only stay at Gröna Lund during 2019.

Snake will become the park's most intensive ride so far, and suits the guests that don't shy away from spinning, heights, or speed. Snake will take guests on a joyride 40 meters into the air, seated at the end of a pendle arm. Riders will travel at 80 km/h and endure up to 4.3 Gs. The attraction type is called Chaos Pendle, where the seat "gondola" is spinning freely around its own axle (like the cars at Gröna Lund's coaster Insane), which means that each ride will be different from the next, depending on the distribution of weight among your fellow riders. It this sounds like a ride you don't want to miss, beware: Snake is only visiting Gröna Lund during the 2019 season. The attraction is placed as a temporary ride in the area where Gröna Lund is preparing for the construction of its next big roller coaster, which premieres in 2021.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks cool, but I won't be riding. These sort of rides don't appeal to me in the slightest.

Just get on and do the invert already.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I loved the one in Prater, so it's nice that more are getting built! It's a shame it's only there for the 2019 season. I assume they're moving it to Skara/Furuvik/Kolmarden in 2020?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Photo of the ride makes it look quite interesting. POV's on the other hand make it look 90% boring and 10% vom.
No thank you.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Yeah, the one at Prater is epic. One of the best flat rides around. It is odd they might want to move it around parks though; it would finally fill the big, intense spin-y flat ride gap in GL’s lineup since they sent their top scan to Furuvik. However, I guess other parks in the chain are more in need of rides so maybe Parks and Resorts want to share it out, if it does indeed move to one of those after 2019.