What's new

Google Street View

tks

Strata Poster
If people can see into your house you need to invest in some net curtains, or venetian blinds!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well no they can't see whats in the house, but its easily another tool for criminals to use. Especially in London. It's only a matter of time.

Ben

CF Legend
Yep. I mean, they don't have eyes or the ability to walk along a street anyway...

I also think we should ban maps. And leaving the house. Every time I leave my house I see other houses! I could plan how to rob them and no-one would know! BAN IT.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ben, really, you're just being difficult.

It just makes things easier for them.
I thought you were smart enough to pick up on that... Evidently not.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Some of the images are a bit old though. And really, you can't see anything more than you can in real life walking down a street. I don't see how it can make a burgler's job easier.

Ben

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Ben, really, you're just being difficult.

It just makes things easier for them.
I thought you were smart enough to pick up on that... Evidently not.

Well, no. You're just making up things to be "outraged" over for no reason.

marc

CF Legend
All this says to me though is we are being spied on anyway, if google can do that what can the government do.

nealbie

CF Legend
southend_marc said:
All this says to me though is we are being spied on anyway, if google can do that what can the government do.

That is a very creepy point raised there! :shock:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Martyn said:
Bloody hell, Erol, what exactly are you expecting to happen?

Hopefully nothing, but as Rach's post shows, they hide nothing. What if somebody has a door open? What if it shows the contents of their house? I could go on, it seems the only censorship they have is number-plate screening.

nealbie

CF Legend
But Erol, as Ben has said, people can see that in real life anyway! What are you suggesting... censor vision to remove peoples houses and car reg's from peoples sight? :lol:

Plus, 99% of the time the only people looking at particular places will have some sort of honest intention such as visiting a relative or checking out the area that they know and live in.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Look, why should I not trust somebody on the street walking up and down my road and past my house several times, to then trust somebody looking at the exact same thing, online?

Answer me that!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It is, to say the least, ORGASMIC!

My house isn't on there, but our school is and most of my friends houses.

It's crazy really, makes me wonder what the military can do!

nadroJ

CF Legend
I am an absolute goon and can't do it! How do I use it, I've got to the street view page of Google maps but whenever I search for something it just does the normal Google satellite thing. Help me!