What's new

Google Street View

Tomatron

Giga Poster
OK, so it went live the other night, and it's the most awesomely terrifying thing I've seen so far this year!

Not every street is on there, but it's only a matter of time before they all are!

So far I've found my house, where I work and the entrance to Thorpe Park.

Ollie

CF Legend
Last time I checked they had loads of roads in the US on there. But none of the UK roads were.

Error

Strata Poster
I'm never going to see my house from street view. Living in a very rural area does that. I can't even see my house on google earth. I'm THAT much alone.

Rach

Giga Poster
Ollie, there are some places available in the UK now. Specially the London area.

I've found Thorpe's entrance on here as well, bloody good quality.

I do agree with Tom, this is slightly scary.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah, it's been a while since I've last checked it.
Just checked it again. My street still hasn't been added yet. But I wouldn't give it long before it is.

Apparently the van that takes the images looks funny as it's got a dome thing on the top that takes pictures as it drives round.

Lain

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Apparently the van that takes the images looks funny as it's got a dome thing on the top that takes pictures as it drives round.

CIMG1525%20(Large).JPG

Ta-da.

tks

Strata Poster
Yeh my(London) house is on it. My old one isnt cause the road was kinda small.. But you can see the back for some reason..

My Manchester place isn't there because they cut off the Street View at the M60! Lazy people!

spicy

Giga Poster
My house is on it, its quite cool. My cars on show with the number plate showing so if you want to clone my car feel free, also you can see through my windows if you are feeling nosy. You can also see the easy ways to burgle my house and brilliant escape routes excellent stuff google!

mrclam

Giga Poster
this cured my home sickness.. seeing a load of crppy graffiti covered rubbish ridden streets reminded me of why i left the s-hole known as England

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Yeah there was a thing in the metro about it this morning, they haven't censored anything, so if you happen to be in the picture when they take it, you're up the creek lol.

They haven't blanked out numberplates either lolz.

I'm tempted to walk around with my bank details in large print to see if they'll censor that... :p

Nadia

Mega Poster
I saw the camera car in Bury on Weds, waiting for the piccies to go up to see if ya can see me n my lil car!!

Ben

CF Legend
So?

Is it a "security risk" that people can walk past your house?

Is it a constant "risk" when you drive down the motorway that someone may note your numberplate?

Please. No-one is going to go looking for your houses apart from maybe people that live on that street anyway. And who would thus maybe have seen the street and your cars?

Ben

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Is it a security risk when thieves can asses your house without being there in person?

Please Ben, use your noggin'.

God, you sound like a walking copy of the Daily Mail.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Is it a security risk when thieves can asses your house without being there in person?

Please Ben, use your noggin'.

They can get a better look driving down the road.

And its not as if you can see into the house is it?