What's new

Going to get the Platinum Pass...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Granted, this isn't a true trip report, but it was still fun none the less. So I got out of school at 2:30. PLCP had a golf tournament with school so he wasn't there. He met me at 2:45 and we went to my house. We left there at 3:30, picking up Athena on the way.

IMG_8551.jpg

Pat was tired. Athena was being Athena. So we were driving. An hour later, we stopped near Toledo for Taco Bell. We then proceeded through Toledo.

IMG_8557.jpg

OMG ze bridge!!!

IMG_8556.jpg

The car ride was only half the fun. It was great to see all the familiar things like Phantom Fireworks, Happy Hooker Bait Shop, the 122nd Red Horse cavalry base, and the nuclear power plant. Finally, we were crossing Sandusky bay.

IMG_8561.jpg

Hooray for seeing CP again!

IMG_8562.jpg

Nothing's changed...or has it?

IMG_8564.jpg

We parked, got our passes, and started observing and bickering. The passes look very nice by the way:

IMG_8569.jpg

We found out that Wicked Twister is still undergoing surgery. Note that half the back spike is missing:

IMG_8566.jpg

The seats aren't even with the trains. They better find these. because we really wanted to take them:

IMG_8565.jpg

Nice picture of blue streak:

IMG_8567.jpg

Finally, after a whopping 15 minutes, we left. We stopped just outside Sandusky for some Perch and chips, which were absolutely delicious(with a capital delicious). We then stopped at Tofts, as usual, for some ice cream. The car ride home wasn't as exciting as going down. We were getting tired, but Pat still managed to look pretty fly with two pairs of sunglasses:

IMG_8570.jpg

Lastly, I couldn't resist the bright flash:

IMG_8573.jpg

When we got back, Pat spent the night and we played COD4 until three in the morning. It was great.

I'll have a legit trip report in three weeks. As for now, enjoy!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We pick up our platinum passes this weekend. I'll try to post a PTR as well. ;D

PS - Tell Patty he should get his ass back on these forums & say hi to Athena for me, Mr. Loverboy. :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We tried, but they refused to let us process them there since we originally purchased them through Cedar Point's website years ago (they're renewed automatically). We've processed our passes at Dorney, Kings Dominion & Carowinds throughout the years without a problem, but Knott's said they couldn't do it as they are not on the centralized Cedar Fair computer system all the other parks are on. I didn't buy that & asked to speak to the park manager, who gave us walk-on passes for GhostRider since they couldn't process our platinum passes. You remember how long the GhostRider queue was, so I guess it was worth it.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^There may be some validity to that, Jerry.

Since Knott's passes aren't season passes, but annual passes, they may not be 100% transferrable with other parks.

All of the other park passes are valid for the year issued only, but Knott's passes expire 365 days after issuance.

Small difference to be sure, but that may be all that it takes.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This is what my CP Platinum Pass voucher turned into.

Photo165.jpg

I must have the gift of alchemy or something.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
While I like mine better, that still doesn't look that bad. At least it's better than last years!

Snoo

The Legend
I'll have mine eventually.

But.. I'm going to Waldameer before all of you.. hahaha.. take that! :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
At least we can drive...

DISCLAIMER: I'm not taking a shot at your epilepsy. I'm just stating my belief that Ohio drivers suck.

I actually am GETTING a season pass this year, yesss!

But um, sick report though, I like that bridge, it brings back good memories :p .

and the nuclear power plant.

Are those the two that are side by side in Toledo?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ No, it is the Davis-Besse Nuclear Power Plant in Oak Harbor, Ohio.