Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigs 'n' Tours

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by robbeal, Feb 9, 2006.

1. furie

furie SBOPD Staff Member Administrator Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    I'm confused now. Did you see Kate, Roger Daltry or Rick Wakeman???

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. davidm

davidm Well-Known Member

Went to see Pete Townsend, Daltrey was there as well though.

3. furie

furie SBOPD Staff Member Administrator Moderator CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Boulder Dash
    Best Park:
    Busch Gardens WB
    Coaster Count:
    Did Roger do any of his great hits like "The wheels on the bus", "Whole foods" or the ground breaking "Tune it up"?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xm7ZcU3dUs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5147Zgo3YPQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9MNRo05yEs[/youtube]

4. davidm

davidm Well-Known Member

You live in a different world to the rest of us Phil.

5. ATTACKHAMMER

ATTACKHAMMER Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Katun
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I went to see Peter Gabriel at Wembley Arena.
    He was amazing! The sound was incredible and the band were flawless!

6. 3Dimensions

3Dimensions Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Sorry for restarting an old topic but I'm seeing Muse next Sunday, absolutely tiny venue so I bet it will be stunning. Only the second time that I will have seen them (that being at the Emirates Stadium two years ago). Really hoping for some older tracks such as Fillip and Fury as well as some others that I haven't heard yet such as Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome.

Literally stunned when I got tickets, managed to get them in the fan pre sale. A little less expensive than their last tour too which is great. Heard their newest song (Psycho) and I adore it, the drill sergeant samples are a bit annoying though.

7. peep

peep Moderator Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Ah nice. I'm not sure I like their new track, might grow on me though.

I also saw them at the Emirates (was that really two years ago!!) and it was awesome. Hope this gig is great, enjoy it!

8. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    I'm going to see Katy Perry in a few weeks.

I don't even really like Katy Perry that much, and from what I've seen of her before, she can't sing live for s**t.

I've heard she actually puts on a decent show though, and it should be a good laugh with friends if nothing else.

9. Mushroom

Mushroom Goon of the Year 2016 CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Expedition GeForce
    Best Park:
    Depends really
    Coaster Count:
    Went and saw McBusted on Sunday night in Manchester (Was Reb's Christmas present). First of all the support acts. 2 bands I have never heard of.

Symmetry - From LA, they were okay, not brilliant.

New City Kings - Really good, looking at going to see them on their own tour.

McBusted - So the main event, this is the follow on from their tour last year. Before they played, they were playing 80's/90's movie trailers which was awesome.

So when they came on, it was a arcade machine, which was a awesome set design. We were around 20 rows from the front, but was a excellent view anyway. Overall show was excellent, and they had a stage in the middle of the arena which was only 6 rows away from us, and great to see them up close, so screw them that brought the expensive OMFG tickets.

But an awesome night.

10. 3Dimensions

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Going to the Big Weekend on Norwich at the end of the May (for the Saturday), gonna be nice being in my home region for the weekend! Saw that the lineup announcement is tomorrow, obviously hoping for Muse and Foo Fighters, but that probably won't happen.

Update: They are both playing, but I've only got a ticket to see Muse but they're my favourite band so I'm so excited to be seeing them for the third time!

11. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm SO JEALOUS.
    I :emoji_zipper_mouth: LOVE Kate Bush.
    As in I consider her one of the greatest artists/songwriters of all time, I've literally become obsessive over her the last couple of years.
    So thanks gavin for fully introducing me to her, via a certain lip syncing video... :p

12. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    ^ She's a genius; plain and simple. Loving the new sig and avatar by the way!

I impulse bought tickets for Mika for early June. I haven't listened to him for ages, but went to see him a couple of years ago and he's such a great performer, so I wouldn't mind seeing him again. We tend to only get really big arena tours over here when it comes to international artists - usually from people I'd never bother going to see, especially as the ticket prices are more expensive here - so it's great to have something a bit more low-key and in a smaller venue.

13. peep

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    I saw him years ago too and agree that he just owns the stage. I haven't listened to any of his newer material though.

14. ATTACKHAMMER

ATTACKHAMMER Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Katun
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I went to see Mike + The Mechanics recently. They were really good!

15. Serena

Serena Miss CoasterForce 2016 Staff Member Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Mako
    Best Park:
    Efteling
    Coaster Count:
    My band is off on tour tomorrow. We're playing in some countries I've never been to before, exciting! Totally going to try and get the Prater creds when we play in Vienna ;)

...guess who made the inappropriately cute tour poster

[​IMG]

16. gavin

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Katy Perry last night was a lot of fun. Not a massive fan, but after a few drinks I had a great time.

17. Edward M

Edward M Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Lightning Rod
    Best Park:
    Tokyo Disneysea
    Coaster Count:
    Two Weeks ago, I saw Bob Dylan in Memphis. Amazing Concert, been an avid fan for well over a year so it was amazing to see him and finally hear him live. When he played Tangled Up in Blue, I just felt complete.
    One Week ago, I saw Courtney Love and Lana Del Rey in Dallas, Lana got cancelled due to weather, but I did see Courtney. My sister is a much bigger fan than I am however she put on a great concert, and I had a great time.
    Two Days ago, I saw Beck in Memphis. I've been crazy about Beck for about 2 months and have been very excited to see him live. He did not disappoint. He played all of his best as well as breakdanced and freestyled. He changed up the lyrics to Debra and put in lyrics about Memphis, vaping, flying above the island of mud, and Hyundais as well as actually improving a lot of his songs with long, impressive solos. I would say it is the best concert I've been to.

18. 3Dimensions

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Spent 100 quid on tickets today. :shock: Bought a pair for Bullet For My Vallentine, and another for Gary Numan. My first metal and electronic gigs (although Numan seems to be turning very industrial lately) really looking forward to the both! Big Weekend on Saturday so it'll be amazing watching Muse for the second time this year.

19. peep

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Urgh, jealous you're going to the big weekend festival, so many awesome artists playing that I would love to see.

Still, Eurovision is on the TV.

20. 3Dimensions

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    Big Weekend was quite fun, now going to see Marilyn Manson in Manchester which should be pretty good.