What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The kid & I were going to see The Killers tonight, but the show has been postponed due to illness. :(

peep

CF Legend
Saw Prodigy last week as part of a random small tour themed to the end of the World. The band came on at 30 minutes past midnight on the 21st. Such a fantastic gimmick considering a lot of their music. Their set design was like a dodgy circus which was amazing and in the foyer of the Brixton Academy they had a ringleader just randomly talking to people, was brilliant.

The first act that came out were absolutely dreadful. Then DJ Casper came out and was phenomenal, best DJ set I think i've heard, epic stuff. He played a brilliant remix of a La Roux track and pretty much everyone was singing along, was awesome.

Then Prodigy came out and as usual were absolutely incredible. The sound system was immense, everyone knew every single bit of every song they played, was just an incredible atmosphere. Probably helped that everyone was either on drugs or wasted. It did get a little claustrophobic at times (especially towards the end, we spent the encore at the bar as my friend nearly feinted).

There was an epic moment where they got everyone to go to the floor (like crouch down) and then when the beat "dropped" everyone jumped up, was so freakin' cool.

I think I still preferred their performance at Wembley because it wasn't as crammed and people weren't annoying and their set was a little better imo. But still, incredible atmosphere with amazing music <3

Brookes

Giga Poster
Got myself a ticket to the Saturday of Hard Rock Calling this year. The line-up looks pretty cracking for one day: Kasabian, Weller, Miles Kane and Klaxons (the ones I'm interested in anyway). Will be good to see Kasabian and Miles Kane again and looking forward to seeing the other two for the first time. Now to sort out getting there and back...

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm off to see Republica in Leeds tomorrow night. There's nothing like the last minute for booking these things.

I've been a fan for years, and I knew they'd reformed a few years back, but they always seemed to be playing obscure little venues down south. Now they're playing obscure little venues up north as well, so I finally get to see them live.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Fun fact:

When I was 17, I had my hair dyed black with bright red streaks and a red fringe.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Back in the days before digital cameras and social media. Thank ****.

There must be some photos around somewhere though.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I went to see Green Day for the second time the other day. It was a very good show but I think the first time was better because of the opening act and the fact that these 3 newest albums weren't out yet. The first time they played a lot more older stuff but this time the older stuff was substituted for material from the three new albums. The first time The Bravery opened and this last time some group BestCoast opened. They weren't to bad but The Bravery are way better.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
P!nk was amazing. We managed to get pretty close to the front considering we didn't make a stupid effort to get there ridiculously early.

Excellent mix of old and new stuff - secretly a bit sad she didn't do Stupid Girls as that's my favourite of hers, but she did a little medley of There You Go, Most Girls and You Make Me Sick off the first album which made me very happy.

Cool set, lighting, projections etc. and loads of cool flying around on wires and ****, all while singing live.

Basically just an awesome, awesome show.

tks

Strata Poster
Bagged myself a ticket to see The Knife in May.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SfiiSoGc0[/youtube]

It's going be INSANE :D

Can't post youtube links? confused.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ "Bagged" yourself a ticket, like you got exclusive dibs on it. Tell the truth; you paid double face value on e-bay. xx

I totally would as well 'cos they're amazing, but a Thursday in London isn't going to happen. :sad:

tks

Strata Poster
More than double face value I think.. Sigh. So sad that the **** in Bristol selling them can't make it anymore.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
ATTACKHAMMER said:
Saw Rush tonight they were absolutely incredible!

They were when I went to see them in 2011! Gutted I couldnt go this year, as soon as you hear those first few notes of Spirit Of The Radio... wow

Yeah! And the first notes of Subdivisions! Defiantly one the best bands I've seen!