What's new

Gemini or Colossus?

What do you guys think - Gemini or Colossus?

• Gemini at Cedar Point

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Colossus at Six Flags Magic Mountain

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Cedar Point and Six Flags Magic Mountain are so much alike, that they're coasters are even similar! so, of the two dueling coasters of the parks, which do you like better? (The possible iron horse)Colossus or the steel Gemini? I'm a colossus fan, but if it does get iron horse, then it definably will be better? what do you guys think? Gemini or Colossus?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Gemini and Colossus are alike in that they race, and that's it. Otherwise, one is a steel coaster and the other a wooden coaster, with very different design concepts in mind.

That all being said, both are very good roller coasters, with very rich histories. Gemini inches Colossus in my books, but just barely. Even after all these years, Colossus is still a relatively smooth wooden coaster that gives a great ride.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Gemini. Smoother and more graceful, obviously due to the steel tubular track. Colossus has a lot of friction. This could change though of course if RMC does redo Colossus.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Even so, Colossus is ridiculously smooth for how aged the ride is. Just wish they'd ditch the wretched MCBR :?

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Really? Gemini sucks? Is horrible?

I felt what seemed to be decent floater airtime while going down the dips. And its slow pacing on the (slightly) banked turns then suddenly dropping was at least a little bit of a rush. Good headchoppers, too. I can't help but either duck or close my eyes during the 2 or so the ride has. Fun helix at the end too.

I'm not sure why some of you think it's a crappy ride, but I guess I don't care cause it didn't seem half-bad a ride to me. :)

As for Colossus, I haven't ridden that thing in 10 years so I can't evaluate as much. I just remember Gemini to be more of a fun ride.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Gemini is awful compared to Colossus, and I have been on both. Not really even a comparison in my mind.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I thought Gemini was ok for what it was. Nothing mind-blowing, which is why it fit in really well at Cedar Point.

Colossus was better though, even though this is a stupid comparison to be making.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
peep said:
I've not ridden Colossus but I've ridden Gemini and it was horrific.

What is so bad about Gemini, I found it was very smooth when I rode it, a bit slow round the corners & great flat spin finish.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
^It has a good first drop but everywhere after that it's HORRIBLE.

Sure it has a couple good headchoppers but it is airtimeless, slow, forceless and boring.

OK, maybe the helix was fun but for the most part of the ride? It sucks.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think the thing the made Gemini fun (for me at least) was the racing aspect. Throughout the ride I didn't really focus on the ride itself but was busy high fiving everyone on the other train, which I really enjoyed.