What's new

Gavin and Jake do New Pleasureland, Southport

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
So, after whoring up the North Wales coast, I decided to join Jake and his friend Charlotte at Southport for even more whorage. I didn’t take that many pictures, so I’ll just keep this report brief.

Note to self: avoid EVER getting a train between Chester and Liverpool on Grand National day. It was awful. The train I planned to get got cancelled, so I had to get on the next one half an hour later. Thirty minutes is no big deal, but it was sooooooo busy, meaning that everyone who would have been on the train had to cram onto the next one. I managed to sit down though. Years of taking the subway in Seoul and Tokyo during rush hour proved to be an excellent training method when it came to elbowing my way to a seat.

Anyway, got to Southport, which actually seemed a lot nicer than I was expecting. Having said that, I’d just spent the previous day in Rhyl, so I was in no position to accurately judge it.

DSC01444.jpg

Jake was running late as well, so I took a slightly longer walk to the park. It was all quite pleasant really.

DSC01447.jpg

First view of New Pleasureland:

DSC01446.jpg

I’d ridden the exact same kind of coaster the day before, but oh well…

DSC01449.jpg

Jake arrived about 10 minutes after I did, and informed me of the “mouse SPITE.” The reverchon spinning mouse had gone unfortunately. We had a go on Wild Cat, which was actually really good for this type of coaster. It was smooth and fun; basically, sooooooo much better than the one I’d tried the day before.

DSC01451.jpg

The Indiana Jones coaster was closed, and undergoing some sort of retheme into a ghost train. At least I’m assuming the coaster will stay and get rethemed and it’s not a whole new ride.

DSC01459.jpg

So, that’s two coasters missed out on, leaving Jake with only one CRED!!!: a Go-Gator, which we dutifully rode.

DSC01456.jpg

It was my first ever Go-Gator, and I felt suitably embarrassed. There was fab music though, so it made it a bit better.

DSC01455.jpg

We had a go on the Big Apple next, leaving Charlotte in charge of taking pictures of us. She did an AMAZING job as you can see.

DSC01462.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

We had exactly enough tokens left to have a go on the booster. It was my first time to ride one of these, and it was on a really long cycle. I did **** myself a bit at first, but after the first swing was fine and I really enjoyed it.

DSC01465.jpg

We decided against the dodgems.

DSC01466.jpg

That was basically it really. New Pleasureland is crap really, but was infinitely nicer than the places I’d been the day before, and Southport in general seemed quite nice, from what I saw of it between the train station and the park.

Uhm, we went to Morrisons, which I don’t have any pictures of, and then went home.

Anyway, even though we missed out on 2 coasters at Southport, I’m quite chuffed with the 7 I picked up over the last couple of days, considering I had no intention of doing anything until right before I actually went.

Jake drove for about 6 hours total for a Go-Gator.

The end.

Jake

Strata Poster
Haha, I love it.

Was a fab 'day', and well worth it for the Go Gator cred <3.

Nice to see you again! Oh, and, the Morrisons salad gave me the ****z!

Nic

Strata Poster
Had the spinny mouse actually gone?! spiiiite! lol! It was just past the 2nd Miami and the booster, as you walk towards the sea when I went LAST WEEK! It was actually crap. It was the least spinny spinny mouse I've ever been on.

Also, the Indie cred was still called the Indie cred last week. They've evidently changed the signs since. SPIIIIIIIIIIIIITE!!!!!!!!!!

But yes, Go Gator whorage! Did you get as dirty a look from the ride op as I did last week? He glared at me, let me get on, then went and got one of the other ride ops so they could have a good bitch. Don't you just love northerners.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ He was just a mega-chav really... and shouted at the kids when they got off and tried to walk the wrong way down the platform.

If the moment of two fags riding a Go-Gator wasn't gay enough, they were playing 'Left my heart in Tokyo' too <3 <3.

Nic

Strata Poster
^LMAO!

They were playing old skool reggae as I was going round on it last week :)