What's new

Gardaland / Raptor

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Yeah, the rapids are really good actually, and the theming on them is AMAZING. You go through the Volcano, and the inside is really well done, complete with fake fire made of red cloth and wind machines, haha.

I've just realised that I didn't comment on the park as a whole! It's a really good, well rounded park with stuff for everyone, however there isn't really much there coaster-wise. Out of the 6 coasters, 3 are clones and one as a kiddie (leaving the Mine Train, which is great, but still just a mine train) and Raptor. Without Raptor there isn't really anything that stands out. Having said that, there's a good atmosphere and the other rides are top notch.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Jake said:
I'll let it off for being a Prototype too. It REALLY reminds me of Air in that respect. I think if you like air you'll like this (and vice versa).
I liked air :)

I think the issue with this ride specifically, is that yeah its got a decent first drop off the hillside, but once it passes the Zero G its pretty much on a plateau so the full extent of the first drop is basically only half utilised, and everything up on the plateau is pretty much the same size, so its not an energy efficient ride.

At least with LC12 its set out more like a traditional coaster, with elements getting progressively smaller.

PS, that bus stop is awesome. I wish our stops had ticket machines!

Jake

Strata Poster
^ I really don't know, haha. RCDB says it's custom, but, the SLC at Morey's is custom for having a different station, so...

Either way, Mine Trains <3

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
NAAAAOOOOO!!!! The most common place and you not been!!

Did it look plastic, because the theming is made entirely from fibreglass and not concrete like DLP's?

Jake

Strata Poster
Yeah, it wasn't exactly gorgeous. It's all just grey and boring, but they did a good job of building around the track with headchoppers and tunnels. But then again, it's still fairly new so hasn't weathered yet... it seemed quite sterile :p.