What's new

Gardaland | Kung Fu Panda Master | Fabbri Spinner

TilenB

Strata Poster
Not the most exiting of news, but nevertheless, it seems we will have a new cred on our hands for 2016. From what I can understand the coaster will stand where Top Spin used to be, in the area between Magic Mountain and Ortobruco Tour. Here is a badly (google translate) translated article from theparks.it.

Well, countermanded. The latest news on the new 2016 Gardaland we announced a major new features coming in the Arab souk. Now we adjust a little shooting and refer the matter dark ride year 2017.
Today in fact we know that the novelty of next year will be a Fabbri Spinning Coaster home located in Luna Park area. This is confirmed by several items inside and outside the park itself, although of course we can not provide any official of the thing. But you know as well as I'll see you along!
So long that those who have good eyes may have already seen the train roller coaster in warehouses adjacent to Gardaland.
The Luna Park area will undergo a substantial makeover: we do not know which and how many attractions present will be maintained but we can venture the new theme which should align the lower area of ​​the park: the Dreamworks animated film Kung Fu Panda III.
How can we suppose? Thanks to these trains would present the shape of a dragon, the confirmation of maintenance of the rights of other DreamWorks as Madagascar and the arrival of the sequel to Kung Fu Panda just next year.
The photos you're about to see we have come to the office in conjunction with the opening of the Christmas season. They were taken from the tail of the park open to Magic Mountain. You can see that the workers are working the entire floor area.
Well, now we just have to wait for official confirmation that probably will come with the usual biblical times.

2015-12-8_cant1.jpg

2015-12-8_cant2.jpg

2015-12-8_cant3.jpg

For those unfamiliar with the model, they look like this:

2015-12-8_fabb2.jpg

source: http://www.theparks.it/gardaland-p1/not ... ark-n1851/

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Re: Fabbri Spinner for Gardaland in 2016

Wow. **** hell Merlin! Another half-arsed short term investment centred around another already tired IP.

Whilst I don't disagree with the need for a smaller ride between Mammut and Octobruco, this really isn't it. I've never ridden a Fabbri spinner - but I just know it'll leave everyone disappointed, especially after they overhype it. Just save money from the IP and get something decent instead. Hell, even one of those tiny SBFs would have been better - at least they don't try to be good...

What is their problem with short term investments? 'Flat ride' really isn't part of their vocabulary is it? And what's their obsession with outdated IPs?

Ah well, at least they're actually investing something into what is one of their better managed parks.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Custom MS or MACK spinner, yeah, but a freakin off-the shelf Fabbri spinner?! Jesus Merlin.....

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Well this looks ****. Why do this a year after getting a B&M dive machine?

Ben

CF Legend

That is such a weird investment.

Just like, why, what is the point?

Why even bother?

Meh +1

peep

CF Legend

I like that the area it's going in is seeing something new but like everyone else, a fabbri spinner? Really? Dreamworks IP? Really?

At least it's something new? #TryingToStayPositive

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Jeez, that lift looks like someone's first RCT(#) coaster.

And I thought Six Flags was making sucky investments.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Absurd... What the hell are they thinking. The capacity alone, eugh! I'm not sure I've even ridden one of these.

shawnoc

Mega Poster

Not a great choice I must admit. I've been on the one in Great Yarmouth pleasure beach. The split lift hill was the best bit I thought. **** ride. Merlin really need to get their act together....

Martyn B

CF Legend

After a little bit of thought, this might not be so bad. It's a part of a new kids area, so as a kiddie coaster, it's not so bad.

If this was to be their version of Dragons Fury, then yeah, ridiculous decision. But as a kids coaster, I'd rather one of them than a Octonauts cred.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

Whilst I hate to see Merlin continually going for IPs, Kung Fu Panda isn't the worst idea in the world. Seems to be going along nicely and had a third film going for it. Definitely worst choices out there.

Though, in honesty, I'm just damning with faint praise here.

TilenB

Strata Poster

The new area will be called Kung Fu Panda Academy and is opening in May. The coaster's name is Kung Fu Panda Master.

12742284_10153228468932680_3429923944480362414_n.jpg

After the announcement of the new thematic area "Kung Fu Panda Academy" the park of Castelnuovo del Garda today launched on its social channels Kung Fu Panda Master, the new roller coaster of Gardaland.
Starting from May, with the opening of the new themed area of ​​the park, will be available to the entertainment of the guests a brand new Spinning Coaster Theme Kung Fu Panda; On his Facebook page Gardaland communicate to guests that only by overcoming the descents and rotations Kung Fu Panda Master guests will have the chance to become the new dragon warrior, Po instructed by the skilful master.
Following agreement between Merlin, owner of the park, and Dreamworks, the owner of Kung Fu Panda, are expected in the world the opening of 9 attractions with the theme Dreamworks characters. After Shrek Adventure, opened in London in 2015 will Gardaland to host the second of the nine attractions provided by the Merlin-Dreamworks.
Kung Fu Panda Master, the new spinning coaster of Gardaland, which will open in the park in May, is characterized, as all the attractions of the category, as convoys, generally from 4 persons each, whizzing on the rails facing continual ups and downs and turning on themselves; The spinning coaster attraction is very popular with families, but thanks to its characteristics, he can also entertain adults.
Stay with us, for new updates about the new roller coaster at Gardaland, Kung Fu Panda Master.

Sources:
http://rollercoasteritalia.it/kung-fu-p ... gardaland/
https://www.facebook.com/gardaland/phot ... 80/?type=3

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
So erm..

On Chessington's website, under new for 2016, it says they're getting some animatronic panda... Show? But, no mention of Kung Fu Panda IP. http://www.chessington.com/2016/

Wtf?

Isn't that SO WEIRD and coincidental? Why would Garda get a Kung Fu Panda ride and Chessington get a... Generic Panda thing?

WEIRD.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Wait, Pandamonium at Chessington isn't a Kung Fu Panda show? I have like no interest in it but assumed it would always be KFP... Odd choice is odd.

This project has little appeal to me, but given how nicely theme Raptor and Oblivion seem to be, surely there's some hope the area could be alright?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Maybe it is? But there's no mention that it is anywhere... And the whole point of an IP is, to, ya know... Marketability. The panda's in the pictures don't look KFP stylised.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Doesn't seem to be, bar for Easter when Po is like a special guest?

I'm glad that it's an original thing, but it does seem weird that they've got the perfect opportunity for building the Dreamworks stuff and they...just don't.

Ben

CF Legend
Animatronic pandas?

In a zoo?

Wtf are Merlin thinking?!?

Props to anyone who gets this reference but it's literally this come to life...

fierce-creatures-panda.jpg

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I criticise Merlin when there's IP and here I am criticising them when there's not.

Context, though.

But yeah...