What's new

Fury 325 Closed - Support Fracture

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
I know the issue will be fixed and the ride will be back up soon, but the gp will be scared of the ride and possibly the whole park, so this is truly a disaster for cedar fair

MagicMountainFan

Roller Poster
Not really lol
Most people don't look into things like enthusiasts do and even with all the corporate statements being put out by Cedar Fair, people are still gonna be wary by what they see on mainstream news. Think about it from an average person's view, there was literally a crack on a 325 foot rollercoaster!

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
I know the issue will be fixed and the ride will be back up soon, but the gp will be scared of the ride and possibly the whole park, so this is truly a disaster for cedar fair

Calling it a disaster is being dramatic. I think a good proxy of "GP" sentiment in this case is Cedar Fairs stock price and there was a pronounced dip following the accident. From early July to mid July its stock price dipped by about 10% falling from roughly $40/share to roughly $36/share. But in the past 10 days or so, its stock price has increased back to almost $39/share indicating the expectation of future earnings is still there. And this was "organic" as well (for lack of a better term) as its Q2 earnings haven't been released yet as those are to come out Friday.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
From my anecdotal experience from people who know we're going there next week, they said "oh isn't that the one that had the crack" and I said "yeah they replaced the support, hoping it will open in time" and they said "oh right" and that's the end of it.

I think the GP are capable of getting that when things break they can be replaced, it's not like anyone was hurt or anything crashed

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Considering people are still riding the smiler without reservation, and a coaster like Mindbender stayed open for years after its accident and didn’t spell disaster for its park, Carowinds/Cedar Fair are completely fine. This isn’t a biggie at all. Not even an injury to report.

That's the crux of it really - no one was hurt, so this will be forgotten by the vast majority of the GP very quickly.