What's new

Funky Hipster - Mega coaster with loop

TilenB

Strata Poster
This is my 3rd coaster till date, originally, it didn't have the loop, there was a dodonpa-kind top hat instead of it.
PdbgG.png

Overall look of the coaster, supports on the first lift hill are 100% custom

eYQNI.png

Turn before the loop

oTzxH.png

Support sure look wacky, but I'm learning

Qcy8X.png

First drop

MNJ0Q.png

With train on it

0WyDr.png

Train going through loop

pwohj.png

Final helix

9dyg6.png

Coaster overall

29dpm.png

Supports are like on woodies

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yes, but for a 3rd coaster it's pretty good. What's with the long straight near the end, can't you add a bunny hop or something?

reddude333

Giga Poster
I know you are trying to be creative but if you eliminated that second lift section you could shift the entire coaster toward the station and then not have as long of a straight nothing track.

Also, are those brakes before the turn into the loop?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Corners near middle need banking, station is huge and that first drop is still pointless. Unless there as makeshift trims, the chains after loop aren't needed.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Chains don't work that way in NL anyway...they can only propel the train, not slow it down (as in real life)

Bear

Roller Poster
reddude333 said:
Chains don't work that way in NL anyway...they can only propel the train, not slow it down (as in real life)

They sure can, that's what the Deceleration value is for on the lift settings.

Snoo

The Legend
Brake runs and MCBR's are 9 times out of 10 perfectly straight.. and 10 times out of 10 on B&M's.

Lofty

CF Legend
kimahri said:
How constructive.
I do hope that was intentionally hypocritical.

I just think that he/she needs to work on their track work a lot more. Using "I" for straightening and Ctrl (cmmd) + G on the curved segments to smooth transitions.

I'd also watch a lot of No Limits Coasters on YT to try and get a grasp of how to create some more realistic ones. For this, I'd also start making more realistic coasts than just fantastical layouts that sprawl everywhere.