Full Throttle or Cheetah Hunt?

• Full Throttle

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Cheetah Hunt

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Ah, the two most controversial choices in my top 10. Controversial choices that have resulted in public humiliation, grilling on the forums, judging, and death threats on my end. Okay, maybe not THAT extreme, but both coasters and their positions on my top 10 have received plenty of criticism.

My question is not whether or not you think these rides are among the best in the world, but which one is better than the other. Both are muti-launched terrain coasters that have received quite a bit of heat from the enthusiast community. But which one do you like more? It's the East Coast vs. West Coast of disliked terrain launchers! :p

In one corner, we have Cheetah Hunt. This Intamin LSM coaster in Florida snakes almost the whole length of its park twisting and turning through Florida vegetation reminiscent of an African veldt. Often regarded as a very beautiful coaster to watch completed with plenty of gorgeous African architecture and aesthetics surrounding the ride, it is obvious that Busch Gardens went all out with the appearances on this coaster. Riding this New Breed of Speed, you experience plenty of unique elements including the ride's trademark windcatcher tower, a moderately paced heartline roll providing the illusion of an imminent dumping into the rapids below, a very immersive slalom through a canyon surging with whitewater rapids, and a Maverick-esque parabola after the final launch, it is a very long coaster that squeezes every bit out of your ride possible. Despite all this, however, the ride described as being "A New Breed of Speed" is among the slowest in the park statistically and has a reputation of being an overhyped family coaster.

In the other corner, we have Premier's West Coast creation Full Throttle. Dubbed YOLOcoaster, it's impossible to walk past this low capacity ride without noticing it. A queue line plaza complete with bright flashing lights, loud dubstep music, the occasional playing of the rides AC/DC-esque anthem, and a giant TV screen showing footage of people doing dangerous things (???) mark the beginning of this ride's cattlepen. Known for its low capacity, waiting in a fifteen-minute line that reaches just outside the station gets you on a three-car train carrying six passengers each. Launching directly from the station, you start the ride with a painfully slow crawl through the apex of the world's tallest vertical loop. From there it's a hard right and then a dive loop into the park's old monorail tunnel. After some equally cheesy effects, you are blasted backwards into a hangtime-packed inversion before easing forward and falling back through the dive and receiving another blast of kinetic energy. Taking a very fast left turn, you then finish the ride by soaring over the top of the world's tallest loop and into the brakes. The obnoxious YOLO-packed marketing and theming combined with the ride's low capacity and reputation for being pointless has given this ride very poor marks from enthusiasts.

So in short, it's...

Long vs. Short
Family Coaster marketed as Thrill Coaster vs. Moderate Thrill Coaster marketed as White Knuckle
Moroccan/Egyptian/Kenyan? Fusion Theming vs. SWAG YOLO DUBWUBWUB Theming
5 16-person trains vs. 2 18-person trains
Landscape/Vegetation Action vs. Terrain Action
3 Forward Launches vs. 1 Forward Launch and 1 Split Launch
East Coast vs. West Coast

Post away! This one should be interesting!

Maverix

Mega Poster
Full Throttle for me. It's a gimmick ride, but it gimmick's hard and well. That loop is one of the single craziest elements I've ever ridden. Nearly 3 seconds of hang time 160 feet up with just a lap bar? Yes please. Also the unexpected ejector air as you come back down the top hat was just fantastic.

Cheetah Hunt on the other hand, a bit of a let down. While it was a fun ride it definitely felt more like a family coaster with some big kid coaster elements thrown in. It felt very much on par with Verbolten, not that that's a bad thing, but nothing about the ride really blew me away.