What's new

Formula 1 2009

marc

CF Legend
2009 was different though in many ways, at times they only had enough for 1 car and Lewis was world champion and the lead driver. Plus Kovy is rubbish lol. When Lewis was wining or leading where was Kovy?

Other teams done the same last year as well BMW, Renault, Ferrari and Toyota.

At Mclaren there were 3 races when they did not have the same car, plus Kovy did not like one of the new front wing anyway.

It took Ferrari 5 races to give Massa the new light weight car, and BMW 4 races to give Nick the new light weight car.

This is why I dont like the testing ban, just makes teams have to pick who gets the parts.

All the teams picked the drivers that were ahead in the championship at the time, which in my view is the right way to go.

All this can be read in Autosport :)

nealbie

CF Legend
Well yes. Totally agree about 2009 Marc :lol:

It was more 2008 and coming from the team that "doesn't do team orders", it was rich ;)

Emmett

Giga Poster
Button should just quit now because he will surely end up playing second best to Hamilton. Button just got lucky this year when his car was far superior but when the other cars improved he couldn't keep up with them.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this new Mercedes team get on with all the money they can bring in and they have a really good driver with Nico Rosberg onboard. I reckon if he had a competitive car he would be right up near the front.

nealbie

CF Legend
Marc's point is very valid though. If the car's really good he's actually amazing and uses his equipment better than everyone else, almost Schumacher-esque. Of which I approve, and it's why I rate him.

But if it's not perfect (like the 2nd half of the season just gone), he's not too good, and got Barrichello'd :lol:

So it stands to reason, if it's an awesome McLaren.....

marc

CF Legend
The other thing and most F1 fans and people that know what they are talking are saying is that Lewis is a much better driver than he was in 2007 and 2008. Flighting lower down has done him the world of good and he has proved himself to his critics. Well apart from Neal hehe.

Emmett

Giga Poster
F1 is going to be a lot duller without thim around. Nobody to give any funny one word answers, wear shorts and eat ice cream :cry: .

nealbie

CF Legend
I think he should be employed to mope about advertising Magnum!

Might as well considering his current state of unemployment. Credit crunch indeed!

Ben

CF Legend
Uuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But if this means they put his face in the Silver Star queue so there's one decent thing about that ride, it'll be win <3

marc

CF Legend
His face will be there anyway as he won in a Merc powered car.

At least Mclaren will make him shave :)

Its a 3 year deal.

Ben

CF Legend
Shaved Button is NOT what we want though!

And his face wasn't there :p They just have that wall of Mclaren drivers.

Still, it's a terrible ride.

nealbie

CF Legend
Well we all know who wouldn't be supporting Ferrari if that happened :lol:

But this is almost identical to what we were saying might happen in the Saw queue at Thorpe in March :p