What's new

Formula 1 2009

nealbie

CF Legend
Ferrari are basically still harping on about cost cutting measures.

Which really on affects them as they've already admitted they can't run a team how they want to on a low budget. So they're trying to bung the other manufacturers in with them :lol:

nealbie

CF Legend
Bit slow Marc ;)

yesterday afternoon Neal said:
For the 3rd year in a row, Schumacher has won the Nations Cup for Germany in the Race of Champions.

Now for the "Champion of Champions" RoC competition :p

Schumacher vs Ekstrom in the Final

But the rally driver wins. Button and Vettel both lost in the Semis. I love the RoC it's such a fair way of putting ace drivers against each other. Although it is slightly biased towards rally drivers. But still love it. Well done Ekstrom 3rd time he's won now :lol:

nealbie

CF Legend
Fair enough. I was watching it. Was good.

Schumacher's sense of humour was brilliant as well. Occasionally when the camera panned on to him and he realised, he would feign a ridiculous injury to the neck. Flatmates LOL'd when I explained :lol:

marc

CF Legend
I remember years ago when Kovy won, everyone was raving about him lol.

I used to like the karting event, when you had people like Senna, Prost, MS all in karts. Sorry to say that only happened once though :(

nealbie

CF Legend
RoC is a fab event. The atmosphere was immense the 2 years I went to see it. Felt weird taking a Germany flag to Wembley :lol:

Such a shame it went to China this year. It's not as good on the tele :(

marc

CF Legend
Kimi now looks set to take a year off in 2010.

He will get paid $17m if he does not drive next year. if he drives he gets $10m plus what ever else he is paid, Mclaren offered him $5m and they said that is not enough.

So Kimi is not a driver motivated by money then lol.

nealbie

CF Legend
Either that or he went "Ohhhhh, McLaren? They don't let me drink, eat ice cream and generally rave it up! So they best pay me lots and lots of dosh or I wont go as it's not worth it." ;)

marc

CF Legend
^lol.

There are pictures of Martin easting ice cream I laughed.

Problem for Kimi is if he takes a year out he might never come back.

Also USF1 might not make the grid next year.

nealbie

CF Legend
Oh, another Mika would be upsetting. But I do think that if he lowers his prices he'll be able to get a seat anywhere because he's awesome.

marc

CF Legend
He only wants a winning car.

I recon a year out then maybe RBR for 2011 if they show they can build a winning car again. He would fit in that team well.

I still think he will drive a Mclaren in 2010 no matter what people are saying.

Martyn

Giga Poster
Kimi is a bloody legend. I'm sure if he takes a year out he'll continue crashing around in rally cars!

Maybe he'll take up Sportscars! Real men drive sportscars.

marc

CF Legend
So Kimi is taking a year off from F1 :( will probably race for RBR in 2011.

Button now looks like he will be at Mclaren next year for Lewis to destroy, maybe Buttons last year in F1 if that happens.

The press are loving it though GB vs Germany.

marc

CF Legend
I think even you know that will not happen.

Lewis has been in the team for so many years and next years car will already be planned around him. Button needs a perfect car much like DC, he could never throw a car round like Lewis has to.

It's a big mistake tbh he should have taken the money Brawn offered him at the end of the year.

nealbie

CF Legend
If it's a fab McLaren, heaven forbid :)lol:), then Jenson will beat him ;)

Which is also what you're sort of admitting yourself :p

marc

CF Legend
If he beats him then good on him, I just can not see that happening.

Seeing that Alonso could not I can not see Button doing it :) Love getting that one in, yes they finished on the same points but had that been for the championship it would have been Lewis that won it lol.

Plus Rubens in the 2nd half of last year had the better of Button tbh.

It will be interesting put it that way, would rather have had Kimi in the team though.

The one and only advantage Button will have is his tyre management. Button is very good at looking after his tyres, and with the heavy fuel loads at the start of the race next year this will be a plus for him. Some drivers will need to make extra stops for tyres Button will probably get his to last longer.

This was the case years ago with Prost and Alesi at Ferrari and Senna Prost at Mclaren. Prost would get better fuel millage and some times did not need to stop for tyres when the others did.

Should be been good for some 1-2's though something Mclaren have not had for 2 years now.

nealbie

CF Legend
Well quite. And hopefully McLaren will stop doing a Ferrari and give their drivers the same equipment next season ;)