What's new

Football Topic

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
We won in Dortmund today and FCA in now in the Champions League playoff spot. I hope we can hang on but there's still nearly half the season left to play. Still pretty amazing considering no one even expected us to stay up and that was four years ago. :--D

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Barclay's Premier League

ECG said:
So has Kane proven he's more than just a flash in the pan, or will it take an entire season of performing like this?
Question answered halfway through the season. Thoroughly deserved the lap of honor.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Don't know if you have Twitter, Jerry, but have a look through Pier's Morgans tweets, they are exceptionally good fun to read through :p

Colossus

Giga Poster
I'm kind of hopeful for my Watford again this season, we have had a couple of real good results in the last week, a 2-1 away win at Brentford followed by a ridiculous 4-3 win at Bolton, both games being won in injury time.

If we can keep showing that kind of resilience when needed and stop shooting ourselves in the foot (like going down to 10 men after 25 seconds) with our firepower, we should be able to mount a serious charge for the automatic spots.

That is a big "if" though as Watford have a high tendency to press the self destruct button, no matter how good the squad is.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Two nail biters for me this weekend. FCA goalkeeper Marwin Hitz scores a right-footed volley off a 94th minute corner to rescue a point in the 2-2 draw with Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday and then today's 96th minute heroics from Harry Kane to earn a draw against the Hammers. Love supporting both sides this year!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
^Yeah, I was LOVING all the hammers fans going off about Spurs today on Twitter. I understand why they were pissed off my my lord was it funny to read their crying.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Colossus said:
That is a big "if" though as Watford have a high tendency to press the self destruct button, no matter how good the squad is.

Low and behold look at what happens this weekend, we go and get hammered at home by Norwich City, this is a very costly loss for me, not only damaging our promotion push, but living in Norfolk, I know many Norwich fans and I shall be getting crap of them for months over this.

Fast forward to this upcoming weekend and we're away at Leeds United (which I'm going to) and that is just as crucial as most of my partners family are Leeds fans, so if we lose this game also I'm going to need to find a black hole to go and live in for a while.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Colossus said:
Colossus said:
Low and behold look at what happens this weekend, we go and get hammered at home by Norwich City, this is a very costly loss for me, not only damaging our promotion push, but living in Norfolk, I know many Norwich fans and I shall be getting crap of them for months over this.

Muahahahahahahah!
Just one behind ipswich now , shaping up nicely for the derby next sunday!

Dave

CF Legend
ATTACKHAMMER said:
Cambridge suffered a narrow 6-2 home defeat to Portsmouth, over the weekend.

Oooooooo Matt Tubbs you beauty!

11021273_865535923490204_375172505221308355_n.jpg

*off back to lurking*

Colossus

Giga Poster
caffeine_demon said:
Muahahahahahahah!
Just one behind ipswich now , shaping up nicely for the derby next sunday!

Didn't realize you're a budgie? ;)

I'll be vary happy with a draw for your game next week.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Arsenal :lol: :roll: :lol: :shock: :lol: :roll: :lol:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Come on. They were awful. I'll never understand how they were favorites to win that game.

Smithy

Strata Poster
We were at home where we'd won 29 of our last 30 in the league, against a Monaco side that the media (and apparently our players) had vastly underrated. We should have been slight favourites, and should not have lost 3-1 (I'd have rather 2-0 tbfh) but people made out like we'd lost to a bunch of amateurs when Monaco are a good team.

Still **** fuming though, worst defeat in Europe since PSV knocked us out.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ Didn't PSV only defeat Arsenal with 2-1 aggregate? I don't see how that's an awful loss :p Especially considering PSV made it to the semi-finals a couple of seasons before that, and almost even knocked out AC Milan there if it wasn't for their goal in the last minute. PSV was strong back then.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Lost the Carling Cup final and went out of the FA Cup the week before, were favourites going into the game even at a deficit and had loads of chances where you really thought we were gonna do it before conceding the away goal at the death and going out.

We've not gone into a European knock-out game since then with as much chance as going through; Barca twice, Bayern twice and AC Milan. I never thought the Monaco draw was as easy as the media tried to make it, but we should have won that with the chances we missed and goals we gifted them and instead looking at yet another year where we fall in the last 16