What's new

Football Topic

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
The US will be broadcasting additional games for the Premier League, and I am looking to watch a better league than MLS.

I ask you, the Coasterforce experts, which club should I support? :?:

Also, if anybody has a way to watch games online please feel free to PM or share.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Re: Barclay's Premier League

Depends on if you want to be happy or sad. If you want to be sad I suggest Spurs or Manchester United, if you want to be happy I suggest Manchester City or Arsenal.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Man City if you like teams with lots of Money, or anyone of the other top four (Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal) if you want to see success.

The mid table teams do not usually do too much, teams like West Ham, Hull City, Aston Villa.
A surprise team for the season is Everton who could have a more successful year if they build from last season.

Of course you could try and watch Sky Bet League 2 and watch Cambridge United. :wink:

jj23w

Hyper Poster

West ham enough said. We are looking pretty good this year.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

jj23w said:
West ham enough said. We are looking pretty good this year.
...said no one ever... :lol:

QPR are a good team to keep a little eye on. They were relegated in 2013 but got promoted back last season. I hope they do well.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Man City and Chelsea are your bank rolled/oil money clubs, not winning silverware for them is a utter failure and generally results in the manager being sacked. However, neither team has a long term history of winning things and have only won anything due to the money pumped in. Man City are one of the most exciting teams to watch, football wise. Chelsea are a crap team to watch, based on their current manager's philosophy.

Man Utd have a huge following, generally due to their dominance up until recently, always expect them to be in the hunt for the title. They have a lot of debt but due to their commercial standing it's not an issue as they are servicing the debt, so run within their means. Can easily put away teams but also can be on the wrong end of a thumping.

Liverpool and Arsenal have a chequered past with history of winning things the right way, within their means and have been playing good football recently. Liverpool fans are one of the most deluded sets of fans in the world, and believe they are "entitled" to glory. Arsenal are ****. But entertaining ones generally, they do have some very dislikeable players though, their manager is always good value for a funny gif.

Spurs and Everton are the nearly rans of the league, both with much smaller budgets and wage structures than the above teams, will sometimes sneak into the top 4 and can get a result every now and then against the big teams. Spurs have a long history and were the first English team to do the domestic double, things tailed off last season when Bale was sold but they have a new manager and have some decent recent acquisitions who should start bearing fruit this year. Everton have an excellent manager but doing as well as they did last year may be a struggle unless they utilise the loan market well again. Solid at the back but lacking up front.

The rest aren't worth it, simply because, TV. You will get to watch a lot more of the above as they are the top 6 nearly every year. Plus West Ham are ****.

Darren B

Giga Poster

I'm a Chelsea fan because my old man is. That's the way it should be.

If you're looking for a team to support; I'd honestly watch a few games and work out who's the team for you. If I had to recommend a team for you I'd pick Newcastle United. They have the best fans in England, the stadium is always full and delivers a great atmosphere, and the club as a whole is a classy one. Just look at the support they've given the 2 fans that died on MH17. One down point is their owner, he's not very well received by the fans but that does seem to be improving slightly; he's a shrewd businessman to say the least.

Also, the team manager, Alan Pardew headbutted an opposition player last year. Passion for the game!

jj23w

Hyper Poster

Jordan what league are you in again :D. I forgot west ham are in the premier league and your not lol.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

Thanks for the info all! I will watch a few games and see if anyone catches my fancy. I will admit with Tim Howard playing keeper for Everton they are an early front runner.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Bit outdated but may work.

premier-league-support.jpg

robbeal

Hyper Poster

Everton have an excellent manager but doing as well as they did last year may be a struggle unless they utilise the loan market well again.

Or, you know, we'll just sign Lukaku permanently or something.

Yeah, go Everton. It'll be a bit of a rollercoaster, but with our finances, everything is a success really!

DelPiero

Strata Poster

robbeal said:

Yeah, go Everton. It'll be a bit of a rollercoaster, but with our finances, everything is a success really!
Fantastic signing! I honestly didn't think Everton had the funds for such a purchase, good on you.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

DelPiero said:
robbeal said:

Fantastic signing! I honestly didn't think Everton had the funds for such a purchase, good on you.

With the BT Sport money involved, the clubs have so much more money burning the hole in the pocket, it's ridiculous really...

Still, Palace have spent the grand total of 600k so far this season =D>

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
With the BT Sport money involved, the clubs have so much more money burning the hole in the pocket, it's ridiculous really...
Agreed, going from a record of £15m to £25m is a huge jump though. The scary thing is that these big money signings will push the average Joe from £5m to £10m.

10 years ago Robben went to Chelsea for £7m, RVP to Arse for £2.75M and Xabi Alonso to Liverpool for £10.5m. Granted there were some ridiculous signings back then as well, like Rooney, Drogba and Carvalho, but that was in the middle of Chelsea's splurge and a one off massive signing for Utd. Now we have £25m + fees for excellent players but not world class ones.

Nemesis Inferno said:
Still, Palace have spent the grand total of 600k so far this season =D>
1st of August Benin, still a month to go :)

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

Just found out the cable company im switching too will be broadcasting every Premier League game this season!

Picked a good time to pick up this soccer habit.

Smithy

Strata Poster

ino it's not BPL related (yet) but Pierre a few boro fans on another forum are talking up their chances this season given the signings. Share their optimism?

Pierre

Strata Poster

We've had a good pre-season with the exception of yesterday, but that was tough opposition.

It's exciting but will need a few games to judge really, the players we are signing are obviously very well known by Karanka and his coaching staff but to us we haven't got a clue apart from usually deceptive YouTube compilations of the players (Kiké, Emilio Nsue, the keeper Mejias who came last year but only played one game for us).

Delighted Omeruo has come back on loan for a year, was worried his appearance at the World Cup would lead him to a Prem club, apparently Mourinho told him Boro would be best for his development though.

The bookies are paying attention though, we've gone from 20/1 to 12/1 to win the league. We'll see but I think it's quiet optimism on Teesside at the minute.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

And were off! About 20 min in to the first game and I am still watching.

After much deliberating I have decided I will stick with Everton FC for the season.

Dave

CF Legend

We're 4th in League Two, it's ridiculous, I'm going to have a nosebleed soon.