What's new

Fluch von Novgorod, Eurofighter, Hansa Park

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's hard to follow what's going on anymore, not only because these posts are getting WAY TOO DAMN LONG TO READ, but also, as Ploddish said, the topic is shifting with every post made.

It also doesn't help when everybody's words are taken, twisted up, and used against them, as we've seen repeatedly.

[/third party view]

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
I've discovered the crux of the problem! Read this post:

UC said:
Slayed, I'd think that for someone who's a mod or admin or whatever it is you do on these boards, you'd actually READ posts.

1. Totally subjective.

Um...duh? I don't think any viewpoint given on this ride by us HASN'T been opinion...

2. KK and TTD aren't? (in terms of layout only). FvN's got 8 elements. that's plenty.

KK and TTD launch riders at obscene speeds and heights. FvN...doesn't. And the layout is incredibly bland. Hill, turn, helix, inline...lift...pointless launch...brakes? Did they forget the entire second half of the ride?

3. More like 3/4, and it's been done on purpose to fit with the theme - I have no problem with it. It's also a world first (hard to claim these days).

You're right, it is about 3/4 of the way through the ride. Of course, this is of little difference, given that the ride is probably 40 seconds long.

However, the point still stands - the pacing is going to die, and personally, I don't think any amount of theming is going to salvage the fact that this thing is going to last about 40 seconds.

4. What???

There's nothing interesting. You aren't getting any nifty inversions. You're getting a hill, a large swoopy turn, and a Magnum XL-200 turnaround. So exciting!

5. Surely the bigger thrills are indoors.

Haha, what? The indoors section is a lift hill, a couple of turns, and a brake run. The outdoors section - you know, the launch to the outdoors and the "HILL AND TURN AND KNOT AND INLINE OMG!" everyone is creaming about? Is outdoors. It lasts about ten seconds.

Hell, the ride time could probably be cut in half if you just remove the lift...that's how short this thing is.

6. MEANDER?! I don't call a BV drop into an overbank and launching into a brake run at 100 km/h meandering!

Haha. You mean apart from the fact the ride does basically nothing after the drop? Oh! An overbank! You mean...the things that Gerstlauer trains crawl over...and a launch! Sweet! Except...oh. Now it's brake time.

Leave it up to FvN to launch a ride in to the brake run...haha. So lame. At least Intamin had the courtesy to launch its simple rides in to a large element at high speeds first (and I don't know what you've ridden, but 60 mph isn't "high speed").

I really don't know what you all expected from this ride - some world-conquering behemoth apparently.

I love how you exaggerate the way people felt about this ride to support what is otherwise (and still is) a poor argument.

We were in no way expecting a world-beater - what we were expecting was a ride with a substantial layout that would be COMPLEMENTED by its theming. The way it stands, FvN looks like the kind of coaster that really has no substance to its layout, and the ride will be made or broken by its theming. That's just not a formula for success - especially for a ride that's supposed to be marketed in the "thrill" category.

FvN really does NOTHING that hasn't been seen before, and it doesn't do any of it in an especially exciting way. Many of us are disappointed, and I think we have every right to be, given what was promised.

And read it again. To me, that reads like someone stating facts, not opinion. For me, opinion is "I believe..." or "...in my opinion..." or anything along those lines. "There's nothing interesting." Doesn't read to me like someone stating an opinion, even in the context of the post. It doesn't sound like it when I read it out to myself.

Which is why, as you said, I was debating factually, rather than subjectively.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
No! There is still arguing to be done!!! :p
Give it the weekend for people to give up ;)

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Thing is, CF hasn't hit this month's quote quota. They're actually getting paid per quote, and UC is effectively keeping the site going. The ads are a front.

I believe that I rather like the idea of going to this park! I feel that not believing this is an unsensible idea and that we should all do it! Repeatedly!

Ollie

CF Legend
I still think it will be pretty good. It's unique and is different from all the other Eurofighters out there so it should be good fun. I think it's great the way it drops straight into the launch and it does look quite powerful.

Am I the only one that doesn't get annoyed waiting for Eurofighter lift hills? It's only a few seconds. People say it distracts from the ride like Saw when it actually does more than any other coaster of the same type.

I'm still not 100% sure what they layout is like indoors on the second half so that should remain a surprise until I ride it.
That steep hop up from the brake run is cool as well. :)

A

Anonymous

Rode it 5 times today, and I have to say that I like the ride, but it will be even better when all the buildings/themeing is complete. There is still a lot to do and I think that it might take a year or two to finish it of.

The ride itself is really smooth and the only "head bashing" I experienced were in the side seats on the front row on a few spots on the "knot" (note that it wasn't bad at all). The ride is really different at places when comparing the front and back row. But as a whole it delivers a powerful ride with a great launch and a few good surprises along the way... :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I thought this was a good video of this ride. I cant understand a word they are saying, but you get some good ride footage.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZ5UM3hadU[/youtube]

Mark

Strata Poster
Right, for those that are intersted in the story and everything (and those who havent done it already), I have detailed basically everything I found out in the mini game thing on the website:

In the game you basically follow through the story via passages in a book and some videos. I've put in all the relevant detail as best I can...

Curse of Novgorod

Prologue:

Winter is coming, a boat laden with horse goods is rowing on shallow waters at dawn. Through wafts of mist you can hear the lonely crise of the crows and the honking of the snow geese.

On the banks of the water a scarecrow is guarding the harvested fields and in the headwater of the Volkhov River, Lake Ilmen promises a safe arrival at Novgorod.

There is then a video which basically shows two men in the boat and then something is running through the water towards the boat. The camera submerges (suggesting the boat goes under) and the video ends.

Chapter 1: Traces of the Past

In the summer of 1365, the young Lubeck-born Peer Oldendorp arrives at the Peterhof of Novgorod. It’s been 11 years he has last heard of his father Heinrich, whose last letter has been dispatched from Gotland. In it, his father wrote that he was planning to travel to Novgorod by ship together with the Russian merchant Andrej Bartova. However at Novgorod, nobody knows anything of Heinrich’s wherabouts.

One day Peer receives important information: Andrej Bartova has a son Alexej, also called Sascha, who lives aong the begging friars of the Saint Sophia in Novgorod. Peer sets off in search of Alexej.

There is another video which shows Peer arrive to disuss the matter and Alexej tells him the story, he tells him it was Volkhov, he is sure of it. Peer asks who Volkov is. A lord? A wizard? A Master of Black Magics? Alexej hands Peer a book and tells him that it explains the history of Novgorod. They find a tapestry that is 400 years old hanging being ornaments of two crows on the wall and Alexej assures Peer that surely Volkov is still alive. Then a man appears behind them, lightning strikes in the tapestry and all you see is a staff come down on the shoulder of Peer.

Chapter 2: The Seal of the Wolf

When exploring the passageways under the board chambers, Peer Oldendorp and Alexej Bartova learned a lot about Volkov’s brotherhood – a bit too much for two men who have not sworn the oath of allegiane to the secret alliance. They both run for their lives and find refuge in the nearby cathedral.

Peer desperately tries to bolt the doors, but Alexej sense the powers hidden inside the walls..

Another video shows:
A booming voice (presumably Volkhov): I WAS HUNTED DRIVEN AND FINALLY HUNG BUT I AM STILL HERE
Peer: rushes to Alexej: ALEXEJ, ALEXEJ, THEY ARE COMING, when a stone head begins to talk:
DON’T LEAVE THE PROTECTED WALLS BECASE HEINRICHS GHOST KEEPS WATCH IN THERE, DON’T RISK YOUR LIFE, ITS TOO LATE FOR ME
A ghost appears singing something and although Peer is intrigued, the two men begin to run as Alexej says: THE SEAL OF THE WOLF, THIS IS A TRICK.
Peer responds: BUT THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW THE TRUTH
Then a hooded figure appears (presumably Volkhov): YOUR INQUISTIVENESS HAS DROVE YOU HERE. NOW PAY THE PRICE TO LEARN WHAT YOU NEVER DARED TO KNOW then disappearing in flame. The video ends.

Just a few days later, Peer receives a letter written on birch bark: an invitation that is not signed which, however, nears the seal of the wolf.

That is far as I can get it to go with it finishing on a scroll saying "you will soon learn more".

A

Anonymous

Loads of images on the construction that have been done to the ride during the off season have been posted on the Kataplektor site: http://www.kataplektor.de/bau-blog/fotogalerie/

Looks like the hill up to the station have been rebuilt, that would probably mean that the people in the front row won't have their groins crushed any more :)

And judging by the rest of the images then this coaster would definitely be something I really want to ride again!!

Also, a great video in German have been posted that really shows the work during the construction:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf76rHMrvms&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

marc

CF Legend
Wow the station looks totally different.

I am glad that they have changed the part that leads to the station, that would have been the only part of the ride I would have changed.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The latest Hansa Park newsletter translates as follows:
Fluch von Novgorod 2010 - Track section swapped out
As mentioned in the previous Newsletter, in the first half of the winter season we completely swapped out a section of the track. In order to make the return to the station more comfortable for our guests, the entire section of track following the final brake run was dismantled and rebuilt. The first test rides over the new track section by park management & other volunteers took place on December 15, 2009. The results were clear: It was worth the effort!
Test run
FvN_TrackTest.jpg

New supports
FvN_Support1.jpg
FvN_Support2.jpg
FvN_Support3.jpg

Increasing the acceleration during the ride
Talks and tests with TÜV (Technical Inspection Association) and Engineering Office Stengel are in high gear in order to allow guests in 2010 to ride with an even faster speed over the first top hat. We will have more information for you regarding this in our next Newsletters.
Delays in the exterior themeing of "Fluch von Novgorod"
The construction work on the facades of "Fluch von Novgorod" immediately resumed on October 26, 2009 and over 100,000 clinker bricks have already been put up. However due to the past winter weeks of frost and ice, we have suffered heavy delays at the construction site.
All projects of the craftsmen have been reduced or halted completely. Naturally we are hoping that the sun melts the ice and snow and that the freezing temperatures quickly climb, so that the exterior themeing can gain ground.
The completed Vladimir tower.
FvN_VladimirTower.jpg

Exterior detailing.
FvN_Exterior.jpg

The Saviour tower completion suffers delays.
FvN_Overview.jpg

Interior designing of "Fluch von Novgorod"
In addition to the exterior facade, there has been much to complete in the interior of the ride complex since the season's end. Not only do doors and walls inside the station building, the Vladimir tower, have to be given character, the storyline involving Alexej and Peer needs to be expanded. Now, in the citadel interior, guests will find a mural that suddenly comes to life. Arriving at the loading area guests might have second thoughts, in these eerie surroundings, about boarding the vehicle.
Queueline detailing.
FvN_Queue.jpg

This area has made great improvements since the CF-Live visit.
FvN_QueueStatue.jpg

Loading area entrance.
FvN_StationSkelly.jpg

Loading area exit.
FvN_StationExit.jpg

Departure area.
FvN_StationDoors.jpg

Ceiling detailing.
FvN_StationLight.jpg

Track scene (where the 2nd scarecrow stood).
FvN_TrackScene.jpg

Everything about this ride is starting to look absolutely fantastic & the re-tracking is an unexpected surprise. I can't wait to see the 'living' mural & the scenes along the track leading up to the launch. If they get the approval for the launch velocity increase, this will undoubtedly end up not only being the best Eurofighter but one of the top rides on the continent.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Oh furie wins... <3

Hehehehehehe....

Erm yes, I may as well expand on my original post, but seriously, this looks bloody awesome now, originally it just looked awesome, but now... Just wow, I absolutely love this since I'm a sucker for good theming, and this has beautiful theming...

This is a reason why smaller parks can often better than the 'brand' ones...