What's new

Florida 2012: Completed

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Going to do a big trip report on my fourth visit to Florida, report will feature,
Myself: Big Coaster enthusiast of course
My Sister (Sarah) decided she liked big coasters after I [strike]forced[/strike] encouraged her to come on Kraken.
My Dad who likes to be the right way up, did go on Cheetah Hunt though
My Mum who likes kids rides

So hope you enjoy it, will start when I get time

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Re: Florida 2012: Day 1 MK

After a long drive to Gatwich from Cambridge and a great night in a Crawley hotel it was time to fly. The flight was good only 8 hours 30 minutes.

Day 1 was The Magic Kingdom.

I'm going to keep this short because there are loads of reports of this and because I saw something epic at Magic Kingdom on another visit that I will feature another day in this report.

Enterance

Monorail!

The first ride was Space Mountain. One of my favourite coasters, I had been looking forward to re-riding Space Mountain for two years! I wasn't disapointed still love this coaster.

Splash Mountain was next, great ride, great drop

Then it was time to go to Walmart to stock up and look at the amo!

Will do a bigger report on the Magic Kingdom later on.
Ride Count:
Omega Space Mountain X2 both at the front
Splash Mountain X2 1 at the front
Big Thunder Moutain Rail Road 1
It's A Small World 1
TLTA 1
Aladdin 1
Dumbo 1
Whinnie The Pooh 1
Hanted Mansion 1
Tiki Room 1
Jungle Cruise 1
Pirates of The Carribean 1

Next up EPCOT! Hope you enjoyed it any feedback is very welcome.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Florida 2012: Backround Info

Hehe, going to get giddy about my trip whilst reading this one!

On Space Mountain, do you get to choose which side?

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Martyn B said:
Hehe, going to get giddy about my trip whilst reading this one!

On Space Mountain, do you get to choose which side?

Usually fast past gets Omega and normal queue gets Alpha, you can always ask I used a fp and got on Alpha. Alpha is a lot smoother.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

I am looking forward to the rest of the report I really want to go back to WDW. I never went on space mountain because I was young and afraid of everything. :?

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

CoastingChris50 said:
I am looking forward to the rest of the report I really want to go back to WDW. I never went on space mountain because I was young and afraid of everything. :?

Thanks for the feedback :--D You'll get on it one day cool)

nadroJ

CF Legend

The first photo, of the entrance to WDW, makes me all happy inside <3 Best sight ever!

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

nadroJ said:
The first photo, of the entrance to WDW, makes me all happy inside <3 Best sight ever!

Yes! It is like entering a different world :--D
Part 2 EPCOT soon.......

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Day 2: EPCOT

We went to the Goldern Coral loved it last time I was in Florida (2010). I love having chicken for breakfast. Some kid put his ice cream cone in the chocolate fountain.....

After a meal it was time to go to EPCOT.

Enterance

First up was Mission Space a ride I really enjoyed two years ago. I went orange team own my own first.

Then I conviced my dad to go on green team he liked it, so we all went on.

Inside Mission Space

We then went of Journey To Imagination with Figment

It's a very strange dark ride where you travel round and are told about the different senses and the mind.

My favourite ride at EPCOT Test Track was closed for a referb which I knew about already and got no hopes of it being open even after something posted a fake thing about it being open in another theard....

So it was time for Soarin. Soarin is an amazing ride it really does feel like your flying, we went at the top as it is the best place to, sit if you like looking at feet then sit at the bottom!

World Showcase was now open so we made our way round there starting in Mexico!

Norway is my favourite place on World Showcase because of Maelstrom which is one of my favourite rides.

My Dad and Sister on Maelstrom

Picture of Spaceship Earth from the other side.

In Britain there was an alright band playing 'It's time for Duran Duran!' they said.

Space Ship Earth is a great dark that tells the story of the world really and the major inventions like paper narated by Dame Jedi Dench.

It also takes your picture and uses it in video at the end, a great 17 minute long ride.

A great day!
Ride count:
MS Orange
MS Green X2
Figment
Soarin X2
Living with the land
Gran Fiesta Tour
Maelstrom
Spaceship Earth
Part 3 Aquatica coming soon

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Florida 2012: Day 2 EPCOT

By the way, it's Entrance, not Enterance XD

The thing I love about EPCOT is it's full of hidden surprises/attractions. Like, you really have to look for the rides and I quite like that. Like Maelstrom and the other boat ride in the Mexico pavilion, they're really fun rides and loads of people don't even know they're there!

I love that Disney are focusing their attention on EPCOT again, it was looking a little dated in 2010.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Re: Florida 2012: Day 2 EPCOT

nadroJ said:
By the way, it's Entrance, not Enterance XD

The thing I love about EPCOT is it's full of hidden surprises/attractions. Like, you really have to look for the rides and I quite like that. Like Maelstrom and the other boat ride in the Mexico pavilion, they're really fun rides and loads of people don't even know they're there!

I love that Disney are focusing their attention on EPCOT again, it was looking a little dated in 2010.

Thanks for the correction will get it right next time maybe.... EPCOT is a great park and I'm really looking forward to Test Track reopening.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Re: Florida 2012: Day 3 Aquatica

Day 3 was Aquatica

Aquatica is only the second ever waterpark I've ever been, I went to Typhoon Lagoon in 2006 but don't really remember too much about it.

The day started badly there was a storm that would not leave so the rides where shut for the whole morning leave me and the family making use of a all day dining deal!

Nom!
Closed rides :cry:

Finally the rides opened!

After forth time queuing I got on Dolphine Plunge! Which I was quite dissapointed with, the see through bit is dirty so you don't see much as the zip by it. Here is my POV [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuVLRWvd3WY[/youtube]

Aquatica Map!

Next up was this! Me and my sister went on it, it's a great slide you go straight down getting good air time on the way down you get a bit mildly moist too!

After this we did the other side where you go through an inclosed bit I enjoyed the other one more.

Then we all did the rapids which are brilliant where a life jacket then you can sit back like you would on a chair!

Next up was my favourite slide

It was brilliant so fast I loved it!

The only other thing I did was the lazy river which was poor so thats it the end of day 3. You wont want to miss day 4! A B&M gets naked!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

I guess you didn't get to ride the other slides because of the closing time. I love Aquatica, it was my first american waterpark and i thought it was amazing and is currently me second favourite water park after Wet n Wild. Traumata Racer was my favourite too!

Lofty

CF Legend

This report is making me so excited. Glad to hear you've had a great time :)

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

CookieCoasters said:
I guess you didn't get to ride the other slides because of the closing time. I love Aquatica, it was my first american waterpark and i thought it was amazing and is currently me second favourite water park after Wet n Wild. Traumata Racer was my favourite too!

Yeah ran out of time the bad weather caused it to be shut all morning.

Lofty

CF Legend

Your photos. Ha. I'm just looking and imagining being back there, love it. Less than 3 weeks for me now :D

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Lofty said:
Your photos. Ha. I'm just looking and imagining being back there, love it. Less than 3 weeks for me now :D