What's new

Floater airtime or ejector airtime?

Do you prefer floater airtime or ejector airtime?

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry if a topic like this already exists, but I searched the forum and couldn't find anything, which surprises me, as I think this could be a pretty interesting debate. Anyway, the topic title is kind of self-explanatory; do you prefer floater airtime or ejector airtime? Personally, I prefer floater airtime because the feeling of being out of your seat for such a long period of time is so insane, yet so nice at the same time! Admittedly, my experience of ejector air is rather limited; I'd say the closest I've experienced to ejector air is either Saw or Speed; they felt like insanely forceful short pops! There's just something I prefer about floater air, though. What do you guys think?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I love the grey area between the two. Too strong to be floater, but not quite destroying your thighs. But all airtime is good, of course.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
I love both. I think I'll go with ejector. Most of my favorite coasters focus on ejector (Skyrush, Maverick, Phoenix, RMCs). Floater is lovely but other than one or two exceptions (Millennium Force comes to mind), B&M hypers are the only ones that really have it. Ejector is found on a good variety of rides.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Think my feeling on what they are has changed over time. I imagine people draw different lines between the two.
For me, floater is now 'that feeling where you feel like it should be doing more, but it doesn't'.
So ejector is better, but best when it's not too predictable and 'forced'.

Peet

Giga Poster
I'll go with ejector because floater can only be enjoyed with a nice loose restraint whereas ejector is great even when stapled.

Snoo

The Legend
Ejector. Floater is nice but getting thrown out of my seat violently (but comfortably) is unrivaled. My Top 10 is very indicative of that as well.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
Both! In seriousness, it's tricky to decide for me - ejector is found most often and I do love ejector air, especially on vintage woodies. Having said that, floater air can feel utterly, utterly glorious - Shambhala's second drop especially in the back row is full of it. I suppose I feel that really good floater air is almost more 'artful' than big ejector, but ejector is often a bigger, more striking sensation. Ach, I'll take both. ;)